What Tiara Will Katherine Middleton Wear For The Royal Wedding?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by AragornElessar, Feb 8, 2011.

What Tiara will Katherine Wear on her Wedding Day?

1. The Strathmore Tiara

28 vote(s)
    24.8%
  2. The Rundell Tiara

4 vote(s)
    3.5%
  3. The Girls of Great Britain and Northern Ireland Tiara

24 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. The Grand Duchess Vladmir Tiara

6 vote(s)
    5.3%
  5. The Fringe Tiara

8 vote(s)
    7.1%
  6. The County of Surrey Tiara

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  7. The Scroll Tiara

18 vote(s)
    15.9%
  8. The Duchess of Teck Rose and Crescent Tiara

9 vote(s)
    8.0%
  9. The Queen Alexandra Russian Kokoshnik Tiara

5 vote(s)
    4.4%
  10. The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara

6 vote(s)
    5.3%
  11. The Duchess of Teck Circlet

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  12. The Empress Marie Feodorovna Diamond and Sapphire Bandeau

3 vote(s)
    2.7%
  1. millipied

millipied New Member

Since the dress is designed by McQueen house, it should go along that very specific style. Unless McQueen designs the dress for the chosen tiara:)

2. Auntie

Auntie New Member

kwanfan1818 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

4. Parsley Sage

Parsley Sage Well-Known Member

I don't think the designer has been confirmed.

5. Civic

Civic New Member

A little over a month to go till the big day. I noticed that with the acception of Kate Middleton's sister, the other attendants will be the children of William's friends. IIRC, Sarah Ferguson's flower girls wore peach silk dresses and her pageboys wore sailor suits with white blouses. Now that I think about it...wasn't William one of the pageboys at Prince Andrew and Sarah's wedding?

6. Parsley Sage

Yes he was.

7. stanhope

stanhope Active Member

8. nerdycool

nerdycool Well-Known Member

I will probably watch on TV through BBCAM (thank God I get it!), but it's nice to know there are other options out there.

The official wedding website is rumored to show it live, according to the blog attached to it.

According to this Wall Street Journal article, Wedding Central & TLC will stream the BBC feed for free and commercial free. So going off that, I would also check BBC.com to see if you can watch outside the UK. And it wouldn't hurt to check CNN.com & MSNBC.com to see if they have it, too. Although the latter two might just stream their TV feed, which might include commercials if they show it.

So, lots of different options, and those are just the main ones I came across. I wouldn't be surprised if places like justin.tv streamed it as well.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  9. stanhope

stanhope Active Member

Thanks so much, nerdycool! I'll be getting up early to watch, so it will be nice to have lots of options in case I can't get one to work!

10. nerdycool

nerdycool Well-Known Member

I'm just curious about the schedule for Worlds. I figure something is going to overlap, and that's most of the reason why I'll watch the wedding on TV... because there's a good possibility I'll be streaming skating! :)

11. AnnieBgood

AnnieBgood Active Member

I voted for the Queen Alexandra Kokoshnik. It'd go great with the shape of Kate's head.
    I think it's the one that the animation, "Anastasia" replicated towards the end of the movie. I didn't know it really existed.

12. skatefan

skatefan Well-Known Member

13. skatefan

skatefan Well-Known Member

14. HisWeirness

HisWeirness Happy Russian Hunger Games!

Right now, it looks like the Ladies SP and the Royal Wedding will overlap on April 29.

I thought I saw a mention on Good Morning America that ABC will be televising the wedding early in the AM of April 29.

NBC is scheduled to begin live coverage at 4am ET on 4/29. More details here:
    http://www.allheadlinenews.com/brie...rks announce extensive Royal Wedding coverage

15. skaternum

skaternum Grooving!

I think the more important question is what tiara am I going to be wearing when I go to the party to watch the wedding. That's really what my friends are talking about. 'Cause you know I'm showing up in a tiara for the ceremony and changing into my outfit + fabulous "wedding hat" for the afters. :D What's a production without a costume change?

Rob and (deleted member) like this.
  16. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

I am so in love with my hat! :swoon: Philip Treacy, eat your heart out.

;)

(In fact, it MIGHT be the day to pull out the high drag again.......though I would have to start beating my face at 3am! :yikes: )

17. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Personally, I'm going to have a heck of a time explaining my proper shantung suit and classic pumps on casual Friday. I'll probably just go with the fascinator. It's bad form to detract from the bride.

18. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

For me, it's not about the clothes (other than ruthless critiquing of the wedding party and attendees - dare we hope for a Fashion Police special report??) - it's about the food.

I'm purposely indulging in the day at home, where I can focus 100% on the wedding, and my menu :) Although once hubby heard about my plans, he decided to take the day off too. Our anniversary is the next day, so we're making it an all wedding weekend and will be ignoring all the last minute election coverage.

I have the menu all planned out except for one thing - a feature cocktail before dinner. I have a bottle of St Germain that I've been saving (OK it's French, but it's elderflower) and I'm thinking something with lavender, which I can snip fresh from my garden. If anyone has any ideas or recipes, please do share.

Oh, and Fergus we need to see a picture of your hat, stat.

19. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Can't wait to watch it all on TV :) Finally something happy-ish to bring people together in front of the TV, instead of a tragedy.

Jenny and (deleted member) like this.
  20. HisWeirness

More TV coverage of the Royal Wedding:

Kathy Griffin to Host Royal Wedding Special for TV Guide Network
    Anderson Cooper, Piers Morgan, Cat Deeley to host CNN Royal wedding coverage
    Royal wedding TV coverage will be on overload
    TLC Plans Royal Wedding Coverage, USA Orders Two Series and More

21. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

I have a cookie, almost a shortbread actually, recipe that calls for Organic Rose Water in it. I can't see why you couldn't switch out that for the Lavender. I also have a friend that puts Lavender in her Scones for the big Family events in the Spring. There's a couple of Birthdays they all gather for, as well as for Easter, so she makes these for those get togethers.

Anyway...There's a couple of ideas for you. :)

22. Parsley Sage

23. HisWeirness

24. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Yes I think I will go that route - shortbread cookies with lavender sound like a good idea for the Scottish reference. I also have the Savoy's scone recipe (light and fluffy - I don't like the dry hard little scones with raisins), and am planning my first attempt at a proper Victoria Sandwich Cake.

For the cocktail, I remembered a suitable (and entirely delicious) one from a very cool cocktail lounge in New York, and happily found the recipe online. It's an Earl Grey Martini - Earl Grey infused gin, lemon, simple syrup and egg white - perfect!

Love it!!

25. emason

emason Well-Known Member

I apologize in advance for being computer illiterate and unable to post links here. Will someone who knows what they are doing please post a link to the GE commemorative refrigerator. It has to be seen to be believed. It's your very own fridge with life-size picture of the happy couple on the front.

26. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

27. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

:)

:lol:

PML!

28. emason

emason Well-Known Member

Yes, thank you for posting. I'm still PML.

29. allezfred

allezfred Old and Immature Admin Staff Member

Tack-arama. :scream: :rofl:

I kind of like the royal souvenirs that Ted Baker has brought out though.

For him

For her

30. KatieC

KatieC Going in circles

I thought this was a tacky kleenex box cover. :yikes: