What Tiara Will Katherine Middleton Wear For The Royal Wedding?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by AragornElessar, Feb 8, 2011.

?

What Tiara will Katherine Wear on her Wedding Day?

1. The Strathmore Tiara

28 vote(s)
    24.8%
  2. The Rundell Tiara

4 vote(s)
    3.5%
  3. The Girls of Great Britain and Northern Ireland Tiara

24 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. The Grand Duchess Vladmir Tiara

6 vote(s)
    5.3%
  5. The Fringe Tiara

8 vote(s)
    7.1%
  6. The County of Surrey Tiara

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  7. The Scroll Tiara

18 vote(s)
    15.9%
  8. The Duchess of Teck Rose and Crescent Tiara

9 vote(s)
    8.0%
  9. The Queen Alexandra Russian Kokoshnik Tiara

5 vote(s)
    4.4%
  10. The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara

6 vote(s)
    5.3%
  11. The Duchess of Teck Circlet

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  12. The Empress Marie Feodorovna Diamond and Sapphire Bandeau

3 vote(s)
    2.7%
  1. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Like the infamous stripper fairy dress! :eek: :yikes:

I realize that Kleinfeld's has a deal with her so they have to pimp her dresses (SUCH an appropriate word for it) but yech. I like a good corset as much as the next girl (with a corset fetish, anyway) but it goes UNDER your clothes.

2. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Could you please link it? It sounds :rofl:

3. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

Kleinfelds is not a place I would go to for a wedding dress, it's a factory. A small place where they care about their clients is preferable.

I noticed the pointiness too. I just figured it was because lace is difficult to dart.

4. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

5. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

6. cruisin

^^^ Who buys those? They make, even the tackiest ice dancing dresses look modest. What a waste of lace and silk.

7. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

I have a question regarding the tiara and the veil: lots of articles say the veil was held in place by the tiara but I can't see where it's attached. When the veil is over Kate's face, it seems as if it's just thrown over her head without being pinned down anywhere.

But after she lifts it, you can see it's attached behind the tiara. :confused:

8. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

And there are brides who want to be "edgy" and "sexy" who think this is just fab.

I agree that her dresses are tasteless and slutty, but I'll give her props for being savvy enough to recognize that there is a segment of the bridal market that wants exactly that.

9. danceronice

I'm on dial-up so it would take me all night (especially as I only know it as "the stripper fairy dress", which I'm sure is NOT what the designer called it!) but imagine the first one PDilemma linked, only instead of the long skirt, a short tutu-like thing and you basically have it.

Wait, strike that, I think I found it (by google image searching "Pnina Tornai stripper fairy dress".) http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_THPS8BLfd...xixspCfH51g/s320/Pnina-Tornai-11949-large.jpg

This or very similar.

IceAlisa and (deleted member) like this.
  10. cruisin

^ Looks like something Oksana "Pasha" Grishuk wore :lol:

11. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Remember the slip dress that Carolyn Bisset was in when she married JFK Jr. ? Kate has the body and carriage to carry off that look, but of course the dress itself woudn't have been appropriate for a royal wedding.

12. PDilemma

She would have looked fab in that style, but way too understated for overhead shots going down the aisle at Westminster Abbey!

13. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Yes. Kate was wise to go with a small train as this was the Westminster Abbey after all. Her dress had to be a statement, albeit a reserved and elegant one.

She is tall enough to pull of the train. I find shorter women don't look so good with trains, especially if the length of it approaches their height. :scream:

14. PDilemma

When you referenced the fairy dress, I assumed you met this, also from SYTD:

http://www.poptower.com/say-yes-to-the-dress-picture-35271.htm

I believe the bride provided her own fairy wings.

15. danceronice

No, that one goes all the way to the floor. This one just looks like a Sexy Fairy Halloween costume in white. All it really needs are thigh-high white hose and a frilly garter visible. Oh, and 4" clear vinyl high heels. That would totally complete the look.

16. PDilemma

Shouldn't the heels have the lights in them that come on when you take a step? :lol:

17. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

PT dresses seem to be very popular with the newly moneyed Northern New Jersey set. Must be the Jersey Shore influence. Thank goodness, they don't seem to sell well in New England.

18. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

You mean they don't?

19. Civic

Civic New Member

Ha! Ths Scroll Tiara was my choice for Kate. Great minds thinking alike and all.;)

20. danceronice

Ooh, you could color-coordinate them to your wedding theme! (Oh, God, I just gave some Jersey-Shore stripper fairy bride an idea somewhere, I know it...)

21. Parsley Sage

Parsley Sage Well-Known Member

I wonder what the person who placed the 6000 pound bet on Kate wearing the Queen's wedding tiara thinks about Kate wearing the Scroll/Halo tiara?

22. floskate

floskate Vacant

I wonder if a change was made in light of the news of that bet. ;)

23. jen_faith

jen_faith New Member

Mine too. I totally called it.:D

24. Parsley Sage

Parsley Sage Well-Known Member

The earrings matched the tiara though and the earrings were custom made.

25. cruisin

Where did you get that idea? Because you see wackos on a reality show, like Say Yes to the Dress, you do realize that store is in New York? Why do we have to be defined by the sluts on Jersey Shore, none of whom are actually from New Jersey? Do you actually think that NJ is any different from MA, or any other state? Every state has their stereotypes - good and bad. But, mostly we are all pretty much alike - state-to-state. I am so sick of NJ girls and women being lumped into the big hair classless type that is portrayed on Jersey Shore and Housewives. I was born here and have lived my life here and rarely come into contact with anyone like those women. Come to Morris County, or shop at the Mall at Short Hills some time, then comment. We don't look like or sound like any of the exaggerated clowns you see on TV.

Rant over :)

26. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

You could see the same thing in Revere, MA (a shore town) but not one town over in Winthrop. I don't know what it is, but there's a certain segment of the newly moneyed that thinks this is the way to dress. Having a daddy who can't say no to his little precious doesn't help. Wonder if is has anything to do with running around in bikinis all summer?

eta, I have a cousin in coastal New Hampshire who would have gone PT had it been available when she married. Totally classless with a spineless father. PERFECT.

27. floskate

floskate Vacant

From what I've read, they were custom made as a gift from her parents and are based on her new coat of arms. They made a happy match with the chosen tiara though, but I'm not sure they were made specifically with the tiara in mind.

28. cruisin

That's my point. I get really frustrated that people think girls and women from NJ are like what is shown on reality TV. Are there skanky people like that? Sure, but they are everywhere. I get really tired of NJ females (especially Italian ones) being portrayed like that, and the public thinking it's real.

I mentioned this on an American idol thread. There was a girl who tried out with big hair, a horrible accent (not one from NJ), and a miserable personality. Ryan Seacrest made some comment about her being a typical big haired, NJ girl. The girl is from Morris Plains, and would be considered a freak there - No, Ryan she is not typical. This area looks like CT, MA, any NE town. Pretty much accent free (though we do tend to talk a little fast). And we dress stylishly, not like boardwalk rats.

29. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

Concerning that famous bet...I still think we'll be seeing that Fringe Tiara on a British Royal Bride this year, only as we know now instead of Catherine, it'll be on Zara's head. The Queen wore it at hers, Princess Anne wore it at hers...I really do think Zara will keep that "tradition" going.

I just got about a half hour ago and feel wiped out. Oh...But it was fun yesterday and what a day it was too. :)

30. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

I'm staying in the Adolphus Hotel in Dallas, and, in the lobby is a photo of Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip taken during their stay in 1991. The tiara in the photo looks very much like The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara. I can see why she'd want to keep hold of it.