What tests have you pasted as a Skater?

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by FSWer, Jun 10, 2011.

?

What did you pass?

1. Senior Moves in the Field

18.8%
  2. Senior Freestyle

12.5%
  3. Senior Gold Dance

25.0%
  4. Senior Pairs Test

6.3%
  5. Your Bronze Dance

25.0%
  6. Other

56.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Ok. I don't really know all the tests. So since I can only put 12. I'll just put the ones I know,and if you've pasted anything else,you may mark "other".and say what it was you pasted. So here's gos...

2. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

I have passed Adult Pre-Bronze MITF, Adult Pre-Bronze Freeskate, and Adult Bronze MITF.

3. Spazactaz

Spazactaz New Member

Senior Competitive
    Gold Freeskate
    Gold Skating Skills
    Gold Dance
    Gold Interpretive
    Novice Pairs

4. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Adult pre-bronze & bronze MITF, pre-bronze FS, preliminary and pre-bronze dances.

5. Emmett

Emmett Member

8th Figure (Gold)
    Senior Free Skating Test
    Senior Pair Test
    Gold Dance Test
    Gold Free Dance Test
    3 International Dance Tests

6. skatemommy

skatemommy Well-Known Member

Gold dance. I would try for the Internationals but they keep adding to them! Our Intl judges don't feel comfortable judging ALL of the tests which I think is unfair. If you have that rating, you should keep up on ALL the internationals, not just the ones you know.

7. Sk8ing Wizard

Sk8ing Wizard New Member

Pre-juvenile FS and moves, but I'm hoping to pass the Juvenile of both over the summer

8. Clarice

Clarice Active Member

My daughter just passed her USFS Senior Supplemental Moves test! So proud of her!

I've done Adult Gold Moves, Adult Silver Free, Pre-Bronze Dance, and Preliminary Figures.

9. skateycat

skateycat Minecraft Widow

ISI Gamma and proud, baby!

:)

Angelskates and (deleted member) like this.
  10. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

ISI 1 through ISI 6 (pre-1981)
    Preliminary and first figures (pre-1981)
    Preliminary free (pre-1981)
    Preliminary dance (pre-1981)

Adult pre-bronze through gold freestyle (after 2001)
    Adult gold moves and intermediate moves - I was grandfathered through adult silver moves when the rules changed (after 2001)
    Pre-bronze and bronze dance plus one pre-silver dance (after 2001)

I was lucky enough to have passed the Swing Dance twice. When I was a kid, it was on the preliminary dance test so I passed it then. Now it is on the pre-bronze dance test, so I had to take and pass it again. :lol:

11. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

ISI Freestyle 1, 2 and 3
    ISI Figures 1
    Skate Canada preliminary dance

12. ltnskater

ltnskater Active Member

Hmm, this is actually quite difficult to compare...

What I have just learned last week is a senior test in Canada is NOT equivalent to a senior test in the US, which is also NOT equivalent to a senior test in some parts of Europe. (Or competitive tests for that matter).

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but to get a senior freestyle test in the US, all you need is up to a double lutz, whereas in Canada you need up to a double axel and 1 triple, or 2 different triples.

I've heard in Europe, senior you need 3 different triples?! (This is information I heard from a skater that skates in France for parts of the year), where a novice skater already needs a double axel to pass (which would be equivalent to a junior in Canada, and already higher than the US' senior freestyle).

Now, this is just talking about jumping, and of course, if any of the above information is wrong, please feel free to correct, cause this is only what I have heard. (I only know the Canada one is correct cause, well, I skate here.) I'm also a bit confused as to what are US Senior MITF, like are those the equivalent to Skate Canada Gold Skating skills?

13. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

Right, because the USFS system doesn't divide their tests between the elite competitive skaters (like Canada does) and the rest. It's "one-size-fits-all" and therefore more inclusive to all skaters who test and want to experience the same standard in passing their Gold test(s).

You can view all the USFS MITF, FS, etc. test forms by level at: http://www.usfsa.org/Shell.asp?sid=20822

ETA:
    Congrats to her! :)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  14. AnnM

AnnM Active Member

USFSA Adult Pre-Bronze and Bronze free skates (I think I took them before MITF was required).

ISI Pre-Alpha through Freestyle 4 (as a kid).
    ISI Pre-Alpha through Freestyle 3 (as an adult).

Currently working on Silver MITF and Freestyle 4.

15. jcopper

jcopper New Member

I like seeing all the figures tests passed. :)

16. ltnskater

ltnskater Active Member

Ahh, I see, thanks for the info!

I was also wondering about the ISI tests? I was under the impression that that was like the recreational stream (i.e. Starskate/test stream in Canada) in the US, but now that it seems that's not the case, what exactly is the ISI tests? (It's just something that I've heard thrown around here on the forum, but I don't actually know what they test).

17. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

ISI is a different organization than USFSA. It is "recreational" because it doesn't feed into the eligible track at all, you cannot ever make it to the olympics on ISI.

ISI is actually an organization of rinks, and the skating tests were designed essentially as a way to have a customer base. (Of course, ISI does do great things to serve the skaters too.) http://www.skateisi.com/site/

The top ISI tests are actually harder than the USFSA tests, because they are designed to keep challenging skaters. I skate in both organizations and ISI can be really fun- we have skaters going to "Worlds" soon, and one is doing 19 different events! Really makes the trip worthwhile- sometimes it is too expensive to travel for USFSA if you only skate 2 programs.

These are the ISI 10 requirements:
    Double Axel / Double Toe Loop Jump Combination
    Triple Edge Jump (skater’s choice)
    Death Drop
    Four Alternating Axels in a Row or Triple Toe Assist Jump
    Double Jump to the Right and Double Jump to the Left (not in sequence) or Triple Toe Assisted Jump/ Double Loop Jump Combination
    Three Arabian Cartwheels or Butterfly Jumps in a Row (Choice of one)
    Creative Dance Step Sequence

(Freestyle 9 requires an axel in opposite direction, or double axel. The opposite direction jumps really challenge skaters! IIRC the alternate of doing a harder jump is a new addition)

USFSA is beginning to do more to serve the recreational competitive population by adding events like National Showcase and Theatre on Ice, but until recently things like that were generally limited to ISI. Having ISI programs tends to be regional, based on which Basic Skills program you use. Our rink recently switched to USFSA so we are lucky to have influence of both.

18. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

I've done adult pre-bronze MITF, and I'm in my pre-silver dances.

19. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

I failed prelim figures in Canada, and about the time I was ready to test again, the figures tests were eliminated :( (which sucks because I know I would have passed...)

20. misskarne

misskarne #ForzaJules #KeepFightingMichael

I'm kind of glad I don't have to do them - they have edge and figure patterns in our Aussie Skate and ISA tests, which is why I've been stuck on Free Skate 2 for three months...those darn consecutive edges!

LFO-LFI-RFI-RFO-stop-RFO-RFI-LFI-LFO-stop. Kind of like two figure eights on top of each other. I just can't quite seem to nail the shift of body weight and edge changes. It's horrible, horrible stuff and so very frustrating because I can do everything else on the test and some of the 3 and 4 tests as well! :mad:

I am passed up to Aussie Skate Free Skate 1 (obviously started from Basic 1 not Tiny Tots), but as I said, I can do pretty much everything on the FS2 test, most of the FS3 test and am learning a couple of things from FS4. After that will be Preliminary.

21. julianaqtpi

julianaqtpi New Member

I've passed Pre-juvenile freeskate, Intermediate field moves, and Bronze ice dance.