What moves do you have as a Skater?

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by FSWer, Feb 17, 2012.

1. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Say,we haven't done a "What Moves do you have as a Skater" Thread in a while. So I thought we could get an update today on what moves everyone here has now up to this point in time. Please say what Discipline you have the Moves in. If you do more then one Discipline,please say what moves you have for all.I'm not sure if this counts as me HAVING Moves. I would love if someone could confirm if I'm correct or not. But when I told you guys I masters my Long-Distance Glide. Could w say that I HAVE my Long-Distance Glide?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  2. AndyWarhol

AndyWarhol Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you're asking.... what elements can we do?

3. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Yes

4. Clarice

Clarice Active Member

Yes. Saying you have a move, and saying that you have mastered it are two different ways of saying the same thing.

5. AndyWarhol

AndyWarhol Well-Known Member

The things I can do well/mastered are

upright spin (forwards/backwards)
    all single jumps
    double sal/double toe/axel
    layback
    camel
    sit spin
    combo spin
    spiral

etc etc

6. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

I've got those ones like Jagger.

7. Spazactaz

Spazactaz New Member

i can do pretty much everything~* haha. jumps up through triple lutz anyway.

working on a backflip, and my cantilever still kinda sucks but those are the 2 main things that come to mind that i can't do

8. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

What is a cantilever in FS ? (Sorry, I'm not a native english speaker)

9. FigureSpins

FigureSpins New Member

10. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

Well, I "have" a great back camel out of running threes - yet I actually fell on it in my competition this weekend. :yikes: I don't think I've ever fallen on a camel. :lol:

I have all my singles strong through the flip, my lutz flutzes, and my axel has gone AWOL since I started working so much on dance. I can do a nice facsimile of a death drop, as well as all the usual suspects for spins - but no eville contortionist features. I'm too old and unbendy. :drama:

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Synchkat

Synchkat New Member

ha ha...awesome! ;)

12. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

13. julianaqtpi

julianaqtpi New Member

Well, I'm competing Open Juvenile singles.

For jumps, I 'have' all my doubles except double axel.
    For spins, I have good positions but lame combos, and poor spins in the aspect of holding for 8revs. I don't have my layback though. I can do it, but I'm not confident in it, and it's not very good.
    For footwork, I 'have' counters, brackets, rockers, etc. Pretty much everything except loops, and my choctaws are decent but not the best.

I also do ice dance. I just passed my pre-silver Foxtrot, solo and standard track. I 'have' my European, but it's nowhere near passable yet. And I haven't started working on any of the silver dances yet.

After my competition at the end of the month, I'll be on 'break' from competition for 6 months until September. So I'll be focusing on field moves, ice dances (I want to have tested, if not passed, at least one silver dance before the end of the year, and I want to pass my Novice FM), and clean double jumps...