1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Levels have you all passed?

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by FSWer, Oct 1, 2013.

1. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Say,I was just wondering what Levels of Skating everyone here has passedhttps://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/1047420?hl=en&ref_topic=2585997

2. treesprite

treesprite Member

Knowing highest test passed isn't necessarily an indication of a person's true skating ability.

In my previous skating life, I stopped taking ISI tests at FS 4 because I started testing USFSA. But then because of the extremely limited opportunities in the skating world in my area (at the time... now there are indoor rinks all over the place), I didn't take USFSA tests past preliminary freestyle and preliminary figures. As a returned adult skater, I have no intention of taking any future tests; it is going to take me a long time to re-gain my skills, and when I do so well enough, I can compete at a level that will let me do any spins I want (except flying/jumping ones), and that is what make a difference to me (I used to do flying sitspins and flying camels but can't anymore, so it doesn't matter that they are past my test level).

3. sk8tergirl

sk8tergirl New Member

I am an adult skater who skates for fun, (and hates MITF),:( so I skate ISI. Tested up through and including ISI 6. Getting a routine ready for their new Platinum Test. Hope to take that test by the end of the year. Once I pass that, I will probably stop testing since I can then use any item in my freestyle routines I want. (I already can do this with the Artistic and Spotlight Events since ISI 6 is considered "high" so there are no limits on items.) :)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  4. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

As an adult:
    USFS Adult Gold Freestyle
    USFS Adult Gold MIF
    USFS Intermediate MIF
    USFS Bronze Dance, plus one pre-silver dance (the 14 Step)

As a kid:
    USFS 1st Figures
    USFS Preliminary Freestyle
    USFS Preliminary Dance
    ISI 6

5. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

all USFS tests:

preliminary figures (as a kid)

pre-preliminary and adult bronze freestyle

preliminary and adult silver MITF

pre-bronze and 2 bronze dances

6. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

Congratulations! :)

I have passed through Bronze FS and Silver MIF on the (USFS) adult track and Pre-Prelim and Prelim MIF on the standard track. Tried Pre-Juv MIF 4 years ago and did not pass and failed Adult Gold MIF a few weeks ago - leaning toward not trying again, so I may be done with testing.

7. Lil Sarah

Lil Sarah Active Member

I test Skate Canada, and last year was my first year out of "CanSkate". I've only tested Dance so far, and have passed Preliminary and Junior Bronze dances. I am planning on testing Preliminary Skills and two Sr bronze dances in December. I am hoping to test my Preliminary elements sometime this season :)

8. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

USFS
    Adult pre-bronze FS (would have gotten bronze FS last year but for ankle fracture #3)
    Adult silver MITF
    Prelim (Dutch waltz, canasta tango, rhythm blues) and pre-bronze dance (fiesta tango, swing, cha-cha) (would have done 1 or 2 bronze dances, but the right kind of judges are very scarce in our area)

Stuck at ISI3; fortunately with rule changes a few years ago I'm able to skate open bronze & do my sit spin & backspin. At least, I'll be able to when I'm back on the ice.
    Not sure what my ISI dance level is.

9. sarahspins

sarahspins New Member

As a teenager I tested through ISI FS5 and USFS pre-pre moves and free. My coach had planned on having me test through Juvenile moves and free so I could compete in open Juvenile but I ended up getting injured one month after testing pre-pre and once I had recovered I never rejoined our club for a variety of reasons (mainly financial, but also lack of interest since I didn't want to compete in USFS any more). A few years later I quit skating.

After a 10 year break I got back on the ice and I have since tested through adult silver moves and pre-bronze free. I've mostly been working on moves which is why I haven't yet tested my bronze or silver free, but I expect those to be easy passes once I decide to test them. I am getting ready to test my gold moves soon (if my club ends up holding a test session in November, that's what I'm aiming for). I don't really expect to pass my first time out (some days the moves are awesome and I know I could pass, then the very next practice they are a total fail and I just can't pull it together and skate clean) but I am determined to at least try before the end of the year unless there is no test session.

gkelly and (deleted member) like this.
  10. backspin

backspin Active Member

USFS:
    pre-bronze adult Freestyle
    Juvenile Moves
    2 pre-gold dances

11. overedge

overedge where's the remote?

Skate Canada: preliminary dances
    ISI: Freeskate 3 and Figure 1