What Kind of Skater Would YOU be?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by victoriaheidi, Feb 1, 2013.

1. victoriaheidi

victoriaheidi New Member

We often talk about what we love about skaters, and which disciplines we'd want to skate if we were skaters, but here's my question: you're the elite skater you know you are inside. ;-) What kind of skater are you? Are you the artistic type who struggles with jumps? Do you hit the tech stuff but miss it, artistry-wise? How do you do with nerves? Think about who you actually are--I'm curious how much people feel that their tastes align with what they would likely be!

2. Jebrista

Jebrista New Member

As a skater, I am more a jumping person, but consistency is the big issue as with lots of skaters.
    What kind are you?

3. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

Interesting question: Being brutally honest about this I believe I would be ruled by fear and might be much better in practice most of the time. So in competition my jumps would suffer but I hope my edge quality and artistry would shine. The skater I would compare myself to would be Angela Nikodinov. My favorite disciplines are singles skaters so that is what I would choose.

4. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

I was a very methodical skater. I didn't have any problem in competition if I was well-prepared. I got nerves beforehand, but not on the ice. However, nerves might affect me if I could not prepare the way I wanted to due to injury or some other impediment. I don't think I would be one of those skaters who could "pull a performance out of my butt".

5. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

A singles skater. Very fast on the ice, energetic, and I have all the triples! :encore: