What is your Off-Ice-Trainning Routine?

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by FSWer, Oct 25, 2012.

1. FSWer

FSWer New Member

Say,I don't believe we've talked about this for a while. So I thought I would just ask everyone here who does so...what their Off-Ice-Trainning Routine is. I'll be glad to share mine with you all. LOL,though you might have an idea from my Reports....Here's go's...

I get up out of Bed in the morning,and before I get dressed go out into my Living Room,lay down on the floor on my back,and begin my Program....

The first thing I do is Leg-Lifts,laying on my back. I then record how many I did in a book,and if I've increesed in how many,decreased,or if it was the same. My Leg-Lifts are then followed by my Stomach-Leg-Lifts, (laying on my Stomach and lifting my Legs),along with Spiral-Leg-Lifts,Kick-Ups, Push-Ups,Back-Ups (upside-Down Push-Ups), Sit-Ups,and last....Sit-Toe-Touches (streching down to touch my toes). Writing each one down as I go...So,that's me...what is everyone elses Off-Ice-Trainning like?
  2. Clarice

Clarice Active Member

I do different things on different days. Sometimes I go to a class where we do different exercises using weights. Sometimes I go to a class where we work out on exercise bicycles. Sometimes I go running, usually for 3 miles. And once a week I go to a ballroom dance class, because I do ice dance.
  3. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

I normally don't do off-ice (other than a few mins of jump rope) unless it's on non-skating days. There's just not enough time in my day. The activity varies, I think it's important to just keep moving.
  4. TheGirlCanSkate

TheGirlCanSkate New Member

Starts with gentle jump roping to get the blood moving, then lots of stretches (many rx by physical therapist). Once everything is loose and warm she does jumps - plyometric jumps onto a bench, practices off ice jumps, then fast jump rope. It is about 20-30 minutes before she gets on the ice. She does yoga once a week as well. She is in training right now so in addition, she does cardio, light weights, running and more jumps with a coach once a week. She also runs a mile 3 days a week and two miles twice a week. And dance class once a week.