What is Your Current Gulity/Embarrassing Pleasure?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by nubka, Dec 26, 2013.

1. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

O.k., this IS embarrassing, but for the past three weeks, I have been watching a Beverly Hills 90210 DVD marathon. I'm currently on season 6 (Dylan's brand new wife was just killed in a hit ordered on him by her mobster father. :drama:)

Yes, yes, very embarrassing, indeed... :eek::eek::eek:

and you??

2. orientalplane

orientalplane Mad for mangelwurzels

I eat at least five grapefruit every day, and one morning last week I ate nine just for breakfast.

3. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

I've been putting "sour cream" on everything from potatoes, sandwiches, salads, eggs...etc. I've been going through a pint every 2 weeks. And I hated it for the first 50 years of my life.

In the middle of binge watching 5 seasons of "Misfits" on HuluPlus.

4. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

I watched a small portion of Honey Boo Boo and found it entertaining.

I will also watch any of the Next Top Model programs and record it so I don't miss any episodes.

5. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

World's Dumbest on TruTV, particularly Dumbest Criminals, Drivers, and Partiers. Not really a fan of Dumbest Daredevils/Thrillseekers, Brawlers,

6. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

Post Christmas shopping/splurging on clothes and jewelleries. :D I will suffer when the bank statement arrives following month.:(

7. Spun Silver

Spun Silver Well-Known Member

Donna Leon's Guido Brunetti mystery novels, set in Venice, the most enchanting city I have ever seen.

8. minuet

minuet Well-Known Member

Watching Food network marathons (Guy's Grocery Games, Iron Chef, Chopped) and eating Kraft Philly dip with chips (on my 7th tub in 2 weeks)

9. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

I started reading FanFictions about 2 months ago. These are short stories other people write about my favorite TV characters. :slinkaway:

10. halffull

halffull The most wonderful time of the year :)

Hydro. We were without for over 4 days because of an ice storm here. So now that it's back everything is running full tilt. ;)

11. made_in_canada

made_in_canada INTJ

Dawson's Creek. I wasn't allowed to watch it as a young teenager so I'm regressing to my teenage angsty self. Also, my crush on Joshua Jackson has been rekindled :)

12. Badams

Badams Well-Known Member

OMG...so many. I'm really into Gilmore Girls right now. And Chef Boyardee Beefaroni. I'm really excited for the new season of Dance Moms and I recently bought the new Miley Cyrus CD. :eek: I'm only a little ashamed.

13. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

Oh gosh! Totally love World's Dumbest on TruTV. I also LOVE Pawn Stars on the History channel. Chumley is too much sometimes!

14. allezfred

allezfred Old and Immature Admin Staff Member

Ru Paul's Drag Race. I'm on Season 3. :eek:

15. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

SHORT? Clearly, you are only dipping in your toes...My first Girl Genius story ("On Her Undying Majesty's Secret Service") is only slightly shorter by word count than an actual Ian Fleming novel. Try "An Archive of Our Own" if you want a little easier browsing than fanfiction.net which does tend to, well, have zero quality control. Though AOOO does allow "real-person" fic, which I don't really like as fictional characters are one thing but writing about real people who aren't dead and in the public domain creeps me out.

I have no shame or guilt, obviously.

skipaway and (deleted member) like this.
  16. Aussie Willy

You should never be ashamed of that. Love that show.

17. orientalplane

Yes he should, and so should you. :p :D ;)

18. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

18" dolls, specially ones that look like my daughters and me. It's difficult, my girls are 1/2 white 1/2 filipino and have completely mixed features. A lot of the dolls with brown hair and brown eyes still have really light skin. We have to look for Latin dolls since they are usually tanned with brown hair and eyes like my girls and they're hard to find. I've recently become "addicted" to finding/buying them. Mainly I'm really enjoying sewing clothes and shoes for them. Hubby thinks it's funny for a 37 year old to be sewing clothes for dolls but I told him to humor me, I deal with his bodybuilding crap, he can deal with my 3 dolls, lol.

19. DannyCurry

DannyCurry Active Member

Now this is very embarrassing but I've been watching an old (that is, from 2001) Taiwanese drama, "Meteor Garden"
    Some crap acting and plotlines, but hey, what wouldn't I do to pick up some Mandarin xD

20. Bonita

Bonita Active Member

America's Next Top Model. Seen every cycle at least five times.

I'm currently in bed with the flu and am marathon watching America's Most Smartest Model for the first time.

Thank God for my Kindle HD.

21. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

I borrowed all the Twilight movies. *hangs head in shame*

22. Holley Calmes

Holley Calmes Well-Known Member

I can't resist reading those grocery store tabloids like Star, Us, In Touch, etc. I won't go so far as the Examiner, but I can't do without my trashy magazines! I just read them for the pretty clothes and makeup....right.......

23. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

World's Dumbest Criminals is just about the funniest thing on TV.

24. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

My 14 y.o. son reads those whenever we're at Target! He got the habit from hubby who got it from his Grandma. It's pretty funny, you see this kid with headphones reading those by a closed cashier stand, lol.

25. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Late night reruns of Married With Children.

I also watch quite a bit of the Food Network but don't feel guilty about it. :)

26. Aussie Willy

Others to admit - My strange addiction, Supersize vs Superskinny, Secret Eaters, Embarrassing Bodies (although this one does have a lot of useful information).

27. orientalplane

It's not that I disbelieve you AW, but in what way are the bodies embarrassing and what kind of useful information does the programme have?

28. Aussie Willy

It is a UK programme and they have just done an Australian version. Basically people with medical problems they have never got checked out because they have found them, well, embarrassing (usually in the private parts). There are doctors who look at the problems and recommend treatment and they follow the progress after they have been treated. Then they go over the facts about the problems and statistics about how many people might have them. Sort of ironic that people find their problems embarrassing but then put them on national TV.

So whilst it is voyeuristic, you do get a lot of information and maybe feel not so bad about a minor condition you might have.

Here is the website

http://www.channel4embarrassingillnesses.com/

29. Holley Calmes

Holley Calmes Well-Known Member

Married with Children never fails to crack me up! It's timeless. The actress (forget her name!) who played the ditsy next door neighbor lives up here in the North Georgia mountains near my house. Or she did. I used to see her in Rite Aid all the time. Really pretty lady.

30. Zokko!

Zokko! Comansnala?

I just loooove to watch "Call the midwife", still drooling over some oldies like "The Monkees", "I dream of Jeannie" and "The Brady Bunch" plus right now I can't help to stuff myself with chocolate cereals. :eek: