What is your biggest fear?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Bailey_, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Bailey_

Bailey_ Guest

Along the same thought as "what do you hate about yourself," I'm curious to know what it is that people really fear?

I have only one real fear that I struggle with and that is illness. I'm really anxious about getting sick and having to rely on someone else to care for me. Part of this fear is based in the fact that I live alone and I'm always scared that there will be nobody there if there is a medical emergency. I don't want to be anxious about this, but it is the one thing that I really fear.

Just thinking out loud and curious to know the experience of other posters...

2. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Probably heights. But not enough to paralyze me should it become a factor in my winning Amazing Race. ;)

3. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

forgetting stuff. Seriously. Before going out I always check to the stove several times, and once out the door I check it twice to make sure. LOL

4. brina

brina Well-Known Member

Money. I'm afraid I will be in dire need of it for some reason or another and I will have to resort to borrowing from relatives that will hold it against me.

5. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

Centipedes. I get the willies just thinking about them. Brrrrrrr! :scream:

In a more serious fashion, I also agree with the part about getting sick and being a burden to my family/friends.

6. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

7. mmscfdcsu

mmscfdcsu Skating Pairs with Drew

Going blind. I have much scar tissue in my left eye from corneal graft and transplant. Not much sight left there. I fear losing sight and having to give up car and independence. :yikes:

8. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

Diseases. I'm so scared of one day having cancer.

:(

That's probably my biggest fear. Another one is finishing school and not being able to find a job.

9. FiveRinger

FiveRinger Well-Known Member

I finished school; I am living the nightmare of not finding a job.

But if I have to pick another it would be of a long, painful death or a gruesome one.

10. figurefan

figurefan New Member

What my baby sister is facing right now...the impending death of the man I love.

11. MikiAndoFan#1

Good luck finding a job!

:cheer2:

12. skamper23

skamper23 New Member

:( Sorry for what your sister is going through, That would be top on my list of fears also the fear of losing one of my children. I try to remember everyday to be thankful we are all here and healthy at the moment, but you just never know when or if something might happen. Then again fears shouldn't stop anyone from living a happy life.....there's is a chance that nothing might happen and we all live a long happy life.....it's all a delicate balance.

13. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

:drama:

Ozzisk8tr and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Holley Calmes

Holley Calmes Well-Known Member

I almost said that I fear my breast cancer will come back. Then I thought about my cousin's 38 year old daughter, herself a mother of a 5 and an 8 year old, just diagnosed with stage 3a breast cancer. Then I realized it would be worse for my daughter to be stricken with something like that. Breast cancer is so much more rampant in younger women-it spreads so much faster! But for your child to suffer-that's the worst thing I can think of.

Cheylana and (deleted member) like this.
  15. MikiAndoFan#1

I have another one: losing my little brother.

16. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

Ghosts, clowns, and chiropractors.

slicekw and (deleted member) like this.
  17. Norlite

Norlite Well-Known Member

besides the health and safety of my children and grandchildren, fire in my home.

18. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

19. KikiSashaFan

KikiSashaFan Well-Known Member

Snakes, which is stupid because it's not like I've ever had a ban experience or anything, but I'm absolutely terrified. Even if it's just a little garter snake I'll actually get paralyzed and have a full on panic attack. As a kid I used to have my sister go through books like the Guiness Book of Records or anything that could have a picture of a snake in it and tape the pages together so I wouldn't turn to it and throw the book clear across the room in panic.

I also worry about things like losing a loved one and such, but doesn't everyone?

20. Karina1974

Karina1974 Well-Known Member

21. Dr.Siouxs

Dr.Siouxs Well-Known Member

Wuss. Sock puppets are far more heinous. Look at this one. :scream: :scream:

22. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

I have so many fears, it is hard to name just one, but snakes is right up there.

And I thought I was the only who couldn't handle pictures of snakes in books. I couldn't open science books because of the pictures of snakes.
    My high school science teacher threatened me with failing the class unless I touched a snake. I said - try it, I will go to the principal/school board. Now that is irrationale, fear of snakes vs. principals and school boards.

23. slicekw

slicekw Dancin' the night away

Ever being seriously broke again.
    Clowns. Especially the Bozo/Krusty type. They're too creepy. I mean, really, why would a grown man do that???

24. Jun Y

Jun Y Well-Known Member

Snakes.

Being stuck among fanatical mobs with no exit.

25. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

Something bad happening to my kids and hubby. Sometimes I cry because I get so worried!

26. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

Losing control of my bodily functions and being consigned to a nursing home where I am surrounding by other sick and dying elders and live without the joy and comfort of my :dog:and :cat: companions.

27. MOIJTO

MOIJTO Banned Member

Losing my kids or my husband. Everything else is nothing compared to that.

28. cholla

cholla Fearless Musher

I've been there so I shouldn't be afraid of anything but still, I'm scared of diseases like cancer. I'm also scared of ending up homeless and of fire. I've been in all kind of dangerous situations but fire is the only thing that can really make me loose my self-control.

29. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Being physically dependant on another person due to illness, accident, etc.

30. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Agree. Not being able to take care of myself is #2 on my list.
    #1 is not being able to communicate.