What is the best you have done selling on Ebay?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Aussie Willy, May 3, 2011.

1. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Going through the process at the moment of getting rid of some of my old furniture on Ebay. It won't fit in my new place so might as well sell it to a new home. And doing alright on it. The tallboy chest of drawers started off at $20 and is now up to $107 with still a day to go. Sold my old fridge for $40 and the guy also took away the old washing machine for me when he picked the fridge up (he is a second hand whitegoods dealer).

But what is the best you have done selling on Ebay? Any surprises?

2. ngcskate

ngcskate New Member

Quite a few years ago I sold photos of Gordeeva and Grinkov that I had taken at the 1987 World Championships. They basically just sat there with no bids for most of the week of the listing. Then, on the last day, they skyrocketed and it was basically two people bidding on them. They ended up selling for over $1000!

3. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Wow, that is outrageous!

I bought a Wii when they were impossible to get. Played it for a few months then sold it on Ebay for a profit of about $100. It was around Christmas so they were in extremely high demand.

I have a skating book that I have signed by quite a few people and a ton of Olympic Champions. I think the one person I am missing is Kwan although I have her autograph on tons of other things. One day I will probably sell it and it could be worth something with all the signatures and they are all on huge color pictures.