What has happened to Lloyd Eisler?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by symbol, Dec 10, 2010.

1. symbol

symbol New Member

What's up with his career?

2. ks777

ks777 Well-Known Member

Isn't he coaching in the US? Did he get banned from coaching in Canada or something?
    I don't know.. maybe Lloyd and Morozov should coach together?

3. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

There was something about him in the USFSA magazine about a year ago. He was going to compete in pairs at adult nationals with another coach. I can't remember what they said about his personal life.

4. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

He still has a career?

5. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

6. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

They planned to, but he injured his shoulder (and I think needed surgery) so they were unable to compete last year. Haven't heard if they are planning to compete this year.

7. madm

madm Active Member

Eisler was banned from coaching in Canada for sending sexually explicit messages to a 15-year-old student. Here are some of the news stories about the one-year coaching ban:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lloyd_Eisler

http://blog.europeonice.com/?eid=9

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Canada/20061019/lloyd_eisler_061019/

Eisler subsequently had an affair in 2006 with Kristy Swanson on the Skating With Celebrities TV show, while his wife was 8 months pregnant, married Swanson, and now has a 2-year-old son. He is coaching at the Pickwick Ice Area in Burbank, CA.

All of this is well-publicized.

8. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

WHAT!? Why would the US federation allow him to coach, either?

I'm surprised he and Kristi are still together.

9. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

The background check USFSA requires only considers criminal convictions and arrests/pending trials. I don't believe Eisler was ever arrested; I think it was an internal investigation by Skate Canada. So that is not something that would be on his 'permanent record'.

10. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

I'm disappointed that he turned out like that. I always enjoyed his and Isabelle's skating.

11. weirfan06

weirfan06 New Member

He was recovering after his surgery pretty well, but then she injured her hip and had to have her own surgery. The dangers of pairs skating in your 40's!! :eek:

12. sk8ergrrl

sk8ergrrl New Member

He recently joined the new owners of the Valley Ice Center in Panorama City, CA, as director of the skating school. Previous director dropped when Eisler came on the radar screen of the new owners - sort of unfair to her. Will be interesting to see if parents object, given his "character" issues. Meanwhile, it seems like a weird move for him, given that the VIC appears to be significantly increasing its focus on hockey.