What happened to Katie Orscher and Garrett Lucash?

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by B.Cooper, Jun 11, 2011.

1. B.Cooper

B.Cooper Active Member

While clearning out old VHS tapes (and stopping to watch a few as well), came across some tapes from 2003, 2004, 2005. Watched the highlights of most of the events from those National Championships....and got to wondering about Katie Orscher and Garrett Lucash. I seem to remember something about Katie thinking about culinary school or something along that line, and Garrett...is he coaching? I haven't seen any follow up articles on them in SKATING magazine's section "Where Are They Now". Anyone know?

2. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Garrett Lucash is coaching with Morgan Matthews and Tom Lescinski in Massachusetts -- I Googled his name and came across their site: http://nextgeninstruction.com/Next_Generation_Instruction/Welcome.html

Katie Orscher lived in Germany for 2 years (around 2007-2008, I think?) and worked as a skating double for Tanja Szewczenko in a German television soap opera, then returned to the Simsbury CT rink and teamed up briefly with Ivan Dimitrov at the beginning of the 2008-09 season, but they didn't up competing together. I don't know what she is doing now.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  3. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

From what I understand. Katie is now skating in Shows as a Freestyler. If she ever will do Pairs again...I don't know

4. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

Interesting, I liked them as a team

5. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

I miss them.

6. reese

reese Well-Known Member

I will never, ever forget the look of disbelieving agony on Katie's face in the Kiss and Cry when they fell to third, missing the Olympic team, at the 2006 Nationals.

7. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

I still miss them. They were one of my favorite pairs in a long time, for the US.

8. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Are there any photos of them at that Nationals?

9. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!