What do You Have TOO Much Of?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by nubka, Jun 6, 2014.

1. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

When I was organizing my closet the other day, I realized that I have 32 skirts! :eek:

That's a lot of skirts, but I do wear them a lot. In the summer I probably wear skirts more than shorts or pants. Anyway, I love them, wear them all - and we shall never be parted...:summer:

Books come in 2nd and my perfume collection comes in at 3rd place.

What do you have too much of? :)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  2. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

Books (before the days of kindle/nook), movies (before the days of netflix), and music (before the days of Itunes)!

3. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

Most people would say I have too many books. I would disagree.

halffull and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Doll clothes.
    I used to collect dolls and I still love my dolls, but the clothes I have for them are overwhelming to me since I never change them. But I just can't seem to wrap my head around getting rid of them.

Yarn.
    I used to knit obsessively. And buy yarn obsessively. I rarely knit anymore. I have a feeling in a few years I might feel this way about fabric, but not right now, however fabric is a lot easier to use up a lot of at one time.

5. hirshey girl

hirshey girl Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly-how can someone have too many books? I would also apply this to shoes but I think my husband would disagree with that statement. :lol:

6. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

Is there really such a thing as too many books?

I definitely have too many purses -- I used to change them up more but now I have my 3 or 4 faves and the rest are hardly ever used. I should give them away.

7. kwanatic

kwanatic Well-Known Member

No such thing. ;)

I have 4 different Chapsticks and 3 different glosses in my purse at the moment. I've probably got 3 times that many at home. I also usually carry 3 or 4 different packs of gum too.

I'm weird :p

I have a lot of movies too. Last time I checked I think I had nearly 400 on my shelf.

8. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

Clothes, in general. No matter how strictly I observe the five-year-rule giving stuff away, and I've got stuff now divided between two cities, my in-season clothes take up 2 closets. :slinkaway

Books, but I've moved twice in the last five years and shed at least 200.

Makeup. :slinkaway: again but it's fun to play with. I don't even wear that much on an average day.

One thing I don't have a lot of is gizmos. I only just got a laptop last month, I have a desktop, smart phone and one flatscreen TV, that's about it.

9. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

Photos. I have a small bureau with 3 drawers. All are packed tightly with unsorted photos. This is in addition to all the photos that are in albums. Since I don't have kids to pass them down to & since my siblings have most of these photos (except for my friends) I should just pitch most of them. But I just can't.

(I also have too many pounds but that's another story.)

10. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Figure Skating DVDs. Probably around 1500-2000.

11. Reuven

Reuven Official FSU Alte Kacher

Humility.

;)

12. A.H.Black

A.H.Black Well-Known Member

Dirt. Will someone please come and clean my carpets.

fsfann and (deleted member) like this.
  13. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

I have too much yarn, scrap booking supplies, and beading/jewelry making supplies. I'm also starting to pile up baking supplies. I refuse to claim I have too many books. I love books.

14. Spun Silver

Spun Silver Well-Known Member

Two days ago I would have emphatically agreed with you - but I just bought the complete works of Henry James on Kindle for $2.50. Lovers of James will know how many thousands of pages that represents. I have to say it makes me rethink my love of physical books. Free space, and wall space for art, are so appealing. We have books everywhere and many boxes that havent been unpacked since our next to last move.

My husband would say we have too many pets. I would disagree.

15. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

My parents like to tell me I have too many books. Maybe too many for my bookshelves at the moment, but I like to say I'm merely preparing for my future personal library.

I have 10 chapsticks, partially because I misplace them easily. It's always a treat when I recover them. :lol:

My flip flop collection probably belongs here...I have at least 14. Oops.

16. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Pants. If the go to pants don't fit, I rarely remember to check the stored "too big" and "too small" boxes, so I end up buying. That nasty habit has me in pants overload.

17. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

books, clothes, makeup especially lip gloss. and the colors of my lip glosses do not vary greatly.

18. attyfan

attyfan Well-Known Member

I also don't think that I have too many books .... even though I have over five full bookcases full of them. I probably have too many clothes, though.

19. Ageless

Ageless Member

Stuffed animals. Way more than when I was a kid. Although I can defend myself on a few. I have a kitty who likes to push things off shelves and I have a number of small stuffies scattered around to keep him from pushing off breakables. I explain to guests that is why my house is decorated in Early American Beanie Baby.

20. Parsley Sage

Parsley Sage Well-Known Member

black shoes
    toilet paper, kleenex, paper towels (get by the case free from work)
    hand lotion
    shampoo

21. snoopy

snoopy Team St. Petersburg

Shoes, and I don't even like shoes. I guess I keep on trying to find a pair I like.

Hair. It's just ridiculous, really. It takes longer to shampoo my head than wash my body.

22. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

The problem for me with having too many books, is finding spaces to shelve them. I don't like my books in boxes, I want to see them...all of them...wish I had a "library room" in my condo.

Ditto, with the lip glosses and chapsticks! :D I also have a drawer of failed lip glosses and other cosmetics that just didn't work out... :(

23. moebius

moebius Well-Known Member

Sanrio stuff. Mostly stickers and stationery. They are so kawaii!

24. immoimeme

immoimeme my posts r modded

Papers that seem to be too impt to pitch yet are as yet never needed. Not all these are mine. They weigh a ton and a real pain in the azz to decorate around.

Other than that, a lot of in general pizz offedness, nostalgic regrets, unrelieved physical energy. If the star trek transporter existed that would solve those three thangs immediamentay.

25. Badams

Badams Well-Known Member

Workout clothes. I livein them. I figure,if I wake up in the morning and get dressed in my workout clothes...I have no excuse and it's time to start working out. Or cleaning. Or both. But it really only works with working out. Cleaning ususally takes a backseat.

We also have too many books. But I don't consider that bad, just cluttery.

26. ice dance

ice dance Member

Gloves. I have 13 pairs at last count. Heavy leather work gloves, waterproof winter gloves, wool gloves, riding gloves, and dressy gloves.

27. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member

Grey hair :(

Cookbooks - I love them. I'm pretty minimalist about everything else, but I love cookbooks.

28. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

Yarn. When I had a TV I would knit while watching, but now I don't so there isn't as much excuse to knit. :( Maybe Netflix on my iPad or going through my DVD collection?

Speaking of which, DVDs. Good movies I mean to watch, but haven't. :eek: It's not so bad with the books I have...

I would also say art supplies, but I've given most of my fine art stuff away to an artist friend, who promptly made use of them. :)

29. misskarne

misskarne #408

Books...well, some might say so, but I am also of the opinion that there are is no such thing :)

Other than that...body fat. :(

Oh, and also, NOTEBOOKS. I used to buy a new one for every subject every semester when I was at uni. Yeah...now I have two whole storage boxes filled with notebooks, most of them with practically empty. But worse, I've doodled ridiculous things in the back covers of pretty much all of them, so it's not like I can even sell them! I don't even write freehand that often anymore, so I can't even do that! :(

30. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

stuffed animals (esp. Disney ones), but I love them all.

I agree that you never have enough books. The problem is there's not enough storage space for them. I would love to have a little library room just for all of them!