1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do Volosozhar-Trankov need to win the gold in Sochi?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Vash01, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

I did not like her skating either. Poor posture, lack of lines, and lack of unison do not please me, particularly in pairs skating.

I just had to type that because of your comment about her off ice behavior.

2. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

Alot can change in 3 years but right now I really hope S/S or V/T win the 2014 Gold. They are really the only worthy pairs right now of such a big title (and even they arent anywhere near all time greats at this point, although V/T especialy could get there someday maybe). P/T IMO have already had a nice career for themselves with 2 World titles, Oly silver (after being robbed of an 06 medal), and a slew of other medals, but I really felt they arent an Oly Champion worthy pair though. The Zhangs werent worthy of such an achievement even in their best years, which sadly seem past them, although I hope they prove me wrong. I like Kavaguti & Smirnov but I am now doubting they will ever fulfill their vast potential. Hanging on and being strong enough by 2014 to win gold, and even regaining favor of the RSF as the #1, well my hats off to them if they ever pull it off, I will leave it at that. Then there are the up and comers who probably wont be even World Championship calibre until many of the veterans retire after 2014, if ever.

3. zilam98

zilam98 Well-Known Member

was it their SP or their exhibition number? the video description indicated "exhibition", not SP. some posters have also discussed in the Great Debate forum that it was an exhibition number that they performed in the test skate, not any of their competitive programs

4. iris81

iris81 Member

They did exhibition number yesterday, but in August at closed test skates they skated short program ("Bring me to Life").

5. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member