What do I wear?...the sequel

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by PRlady, Aug 10, 2012.

1. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

I always think of shoes this way: do they elongate the line of my leg? If your jeans flare from the knee, it doesn't really matter as your booties will hidden from view most of the time. But if the jeans are skinny, think of it this way: a dark wash calls for black boots, a lighter wash--tan.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
  2. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

In London, I would definitely go with leather. I never wore my suede shoes in London.

3. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i am hard on shoes and cant keep anything suede like decent looking for more than 10 minutes

4. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

Where to find booties in the "off season"? Zappos.com! Yes, I ♥ zappos, can't you guys tell?

5. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

I wore black suede wedges to work nearly every day last summer. But I know what you mean :shuffle:

I'm horrifically hard on shoes too...I think leather is winning!

Sadly, not such a great site for me. International shipping is a nightmare!

6. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

I think that answers your question about color. Black seems to be a got to for you. I would go with the black leather.

7. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. That was for work. I can guarantee that the boots I'm looking at would never be worn to work anyway :lol:

Everyone here is saying black leather. All my other friends are saying tan suede. Is the universe suggesting I get both?

8. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

If you can find shoes that you want, at a price you want to pay, certainly!

9. cruisin

:lol: You are asking the wrong person (in me). I would get black, dark brown, and tan. But, I shy away from suede. It will show marks and it stretches out more than leather. Show us the boots you're looking at, please :).

10. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

11. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

I'm actually beginning to think that you guys think that it rains here a lot more than it does :lol: Last year was exceptional - one of the wettest on record. I think it's rained once in the last week. That means 6 days where suede is appropriate!

That said...light suede...not the best idea maybe.
    That said...light coloured suede...possibly not the best idea.

12. cruisin

It's not just rain that will mark up suede. Anything that spills, puddles from other sources. I love the look of suede, but never buy it because it doesn't hold up as well. Maybe I'm just too OCD with my shoes looking pristine :lol:!

13. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

Maybe. I'm hard on shoes. These aren't going to last me years! I walk everywhere. I don't have a transport card any more, I just have my feet. I've worn out more pairs of shoes in the last year than my parents have bought combined. I change into nice shoes at work if need be, but generally...if they look pristine, I haven't worn them :shuffle:

Yeah. Going with leather!

14. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

How about Aquatalia booties? Maybe something like this one or this?

15. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

I would like someone to please explain to me how is this a good idea, ever.

16. skatesindreams

I'm with you.
    UGH!

17. vesperholly

vesperholly Well-Known Member

Those are terrible! I can't believe that blog is loving them.

Random side note: What is this quote all about? "Meeting childless friends at a summer music fest? Sport these babies on with a pooch-hiding boho dress and a denim vest" Childless friends? Is that how people are seeing the world these days: parents and non-parents? I realize this is a mom blog, but still. UGH.

18. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

I don't care if I sounds traditional but if it's cold enough to wear booties, wear booties. Otherwise wear sandals. That mom would look much better in yoga pants and running shoes than in that pencil skirt that is more work appropriate, a tank and those things on her feet.

19. cruisin

Maybe if you're elderly and wear adult diapers?

20. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

And they hide said adult diapers?

:lol: Cruisin, I was thinking the same thing :)

I've seen girls wear things like this...they don't look good.

21. skatesindreams

Someone should show the girls who wear those a picture of how terrible they look in them.
    I know there are people who don't seem to care; but, I surely would.

22. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

Yes. Many people do that. I posted on FB last week complaining about being in a store where a mother was roaming around for the entire time I was there (15-20 minutes) screaming the names of her children at the top of her lungs. A "friend" responded by telling me that if I had children I would understand such behavior. Same woman constantly tells me that it must be nice that I do not have to cook, clean or do laundry. Because couples without children never eat, live in squalor and wear dirty clothing. Then there are the endless responses to every single tragedy known to humankind of "as a parent, I feel so horrible about this". Because, you know, childless people have no regard for human life and when people die in a bombing attack, we say "Oh, hmm. Whatever" and go on.

Also, OT, booties and sandals should not be crossed in any way. Of course, neither should pajamas and jeans.

23. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

Oh, a sanctimommy. Report her to STFU Parents, you'll feel much better ;)

24. cruisin

I agree. Sanctimonious parents are obnoxious. However, it goes both ways. I really hate it when people who don't have children tell me how to raise my kids. My husband's brother and his wife don't have kids and they can be real a$$holes about my kid's responsibility to THEM.

25. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

I don't think parents should be told how to raise their kids by anyone, regardless of whether that person does or doesn't have children. So long as they are trying to do well by their child(ren) and there is nothing abusive going on, it's their call.

26. cruisin

True.

27. vesperholly

vesperholly Well-Known Member

It reminds me of the time that a good friend of mine who lived out of state introduced me to her local friends as "my secular friend vesperholly". :rofl: I mean, yeah, but WTF?

I LOVE STFU Parents. Hilarious, and makes me grateful that almost all the parents on my Facebook post lovely pictures and anecdotes. No poop.

Back OT: I bought a pair of mint green skinny jeans from Target (this shade) and I LOVE them! Being a plus-sized gal as well as bottom-heavy, I always thought skinny jeans would look terrible. But they are actually good looking, quite comfortable and I felt so fashionable wearing them. :)

28. leesaleesa

leesaleesa Active Member

The only way those sandal boots could be worse is if they were knee length. The bad news is that do make them in a knee length Roman Gladiator style.

I have two pairs of ankle boots from the '90's in the lace up, work boot style, and two pairs of contemporary ankle boots that zip up from 9 West. They are comfortable, affordable, and look nice.

Come to think of it, someone at work who wears those sandal boots when she's not wearing striper heels made mention that my '90's boots with modest heels that cover all my toes were not work appropriate.

29. cruisin

:cheer2: Enjoy them!

30. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

In this vintage version (2008!) of Illusion Mesh Fabric, Tanith Belbin leads the charge of the sandal bootie onto the fashion scene. (I think you might need to be an IN subscriber to see the video.)