What do I wear? (Electric Boogaloo)

clairecloutier

Hm I might try those Dr Scholls liners - are they odor fighting? Doesn't really say on the Amazon site. I can't get those little ped socks to stay on my heels no matter what, so I have to go barefoot and some of my flats aren't exactly fresh smelling.

No, they're not odor fighting. They don't cover the whole footbed, either, the areas around the sides/top of toes/heel are not fully covered. The liners attach to the bottom of the shoe with a wide Velcro strip. So when you want to take out the liner and replace with a fresh one, you're left with a strip of Velcro material running down middle of shoe after you pull off the old liner.

I've tried them with my sandals to keep the sandals fresher, but find them a very imperfect solution. When they're on, I also find it uncomfortable to have part of my foot bed cushioned by liner, part of it not.

As you can probably tell, though, I have pretty sensitive feet. :)

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
No, they're not odor fighting. They don't cover the whole footbed, either, the areas around the sides/top of toes/heel are not fully covered. The liners attach to the bottom of the shoe with a wide Velcro strip. So when you want to take out the liner and replace with a fresh one, you're left with a strip of Velcro material running down middle of shoe after you pull off the old liner.

I've tried them with my sandals to keep the sandals fresher, but find them a very imperfect solution. When they're on, I also find it uncomfortable to have part of my foot bed cushioned by liner, part of it not.

As you can probably tell, though, I have pretty sensitive feet. :)
My liners don't have Velcro. There's a tacky strip, but I don't use it. I just lay the liners in as I put on my shoes. My feet aren't terribly sweaty under normal circumstances, so these work for me.

clairecloutier

My liners don't have Velcro. There's a tacky strip, but I don't use it. I just lay the liners in as I put on my shoes. My feet aren't terribly sweaty under normal circumstances, so these work for me.

Yes--mine had the same tacky strip. I just called it Velcro although I don't know if it actually is, technically, Velcro. I too tried using the liners without attaching the strip, but they kept shifting around annoyingly on me, especially with sandals. Like I said, sensitive feet here. :)

Glad they work for you, though!

AndyWarhol

Today?! That's not enough time for us to send you out shopping for a whole new outfit! ;)

I know!!!!! :violin:

I have my clothes sorted, It's just the damm shoes. I've been stalking images of the woman who I would be working for, and she always wears heels, so perhaps I will bear the pain.

vesperholly

I have my clothes sorted, It's just the damm shoes. I've been stalking images of the woman who I would be working for, and she always wears heels, so perhaps I will bear the pain.
I got these to wear to interviews: http://www.zappos.com/clarks-sugar-spice

They are super comfortable and easy to walk in. Not the most stylish ever but they look good under pants. I'm pretty sure they are carried in Clarks stores if you have one in the area. Good luck with the interview!

AndyWarhol

I got these to wear to interviews: http://www.zappos.com/clarks-sugar-spice

They are super comfortable and easy to walk in. Not the most stylish ever but they look good under pants. I'm pretty sure they are carried in Clarks stores if you have one in the area. Good luck with the interview!

Thank you!! :) I actually think they are pretty cute, they have a retro vibe.

Im pretty much a dress/skirts only gal (my skater thighs do not look good in trousers hehe). Im interviewing for assistant to the creative director for a fashiony company, so Im going to go with the big girl heels. Being 5'2 in fashion isn't the greatest.
Once I get the job I can revert to boots every day *thinking positive*

vesperholly

I bet they'd look cute with a pair of opaque black tights and skirt/dress. :) I have a pair of more witchy shoes that I love wearing with tights, but it's a very fall/winter look. Might not go down so well in Australia!

It's nice dressing for creative positions - there is so much more flexibility!

AndyWarhol

I bet they'd look cute with a pair of opaque black tights and skirt/dress. :) I have a pair of more witchy shoes that I love wearing with tights, but it's a very fall/winter look. Might not go down so well in Australia!

It's nice dressing for creative positions - there is so much more flexibility!

ooh I love those witch shoes! One of the things I love about living in Melbourne is the darker style. I was called a goth my entire life back in Perth, but now I'm the norm :lol:

Im going to invest in a pair of cool but comfy heels for work. Ive been able to wear my biker boots most days at my current job, but this new one will be a big step up for me - gotta look the part, at least in the beginning.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I can't wear Payless shoes. They always hurt my feet. I'm not sure why since it's not always the same company making the shoes.

mag

I can't wear Payless shoes. They always hurt my feet. I'm not sure why since it's not always the same company making the shoes.

I have the same problem. I think they are all just too wide for me so I end up with a smaller size so they don't flop around and then they hurt. I am really trying to only buy stuff that fits properly. It is so hard to do when I see something great on sale!

PDilemma

Okay... we are going to a wedding in May. The ceremony is outside by a lake but the reception is inside at a country club. I have a periwinkle blue dress and am a bit stumped on shoes. I'm thinking a wedge because of the outside ceremony--I hate heels on uneven ground. But I don't know what color and I'm thinking I don't want the espadrille/cork look because the dress is not that casual nor is the reception.

Thoughts???

Anita18

It depends!
Great news - I gots the jobby job that I described in the first post! :cheer2::encore:Thanks for all your help!

Now to keep this work-appropriate shopping thing going. :rofl: I've noticed that my future manager wears button downs, black pants, and flats, so that's probably something I should be stocking up on. She did express concern that people might be "mean" to me during stakeholder interviews because of my stutter, but I honestly haven't come across that in years, so maybe I should play the eager newbie that people (read: men) would like to help, instead of the high-heeled stiletto man-eater?

Or heck, maybe I'll just be myself and not think too hard about this. :lol:

quartz

scratching at the light
Anita, you just be your own fabulous self and don't worry about copying other people.
You are smart and strong and savvy, and that stutter just doesn't matter.
You go, girl!! :kickass:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Or heck, maybe I'll just be myself and not think too hard about this. :lol:
You answered your own question.

I'd be careful about running out and buying stuff to be a clone of the boss too. She might interpret it as you gunning for her position for one thing. But also you may find other styles in vogue there that fit you better so you probably want to wait and sniff out the lay of the land with a larger sample.

Anita18

It depends!
You answered your own question.

I'd be careful about running out and buying stuff to be a clone of the boss too. She might interpret it as you gunning for her position for one thing. But also you may find other styles in vogue there that fit you better so you probably want to wait and sniff out the lay of the land with a larger sample.
Yah it was more like "Okay I don't need to get much more fancy than this!" kind of observation. Definitely not planning to copy her style exactly. She kinda dressed like my mom when she worked. :p

quartz

scratching at the light
Yah it was more like "Okay I don't need to get much more fancy than this!" kind of observation. Definitely not planning to copy her style exactly. She kinda dressed like my mom when she worked. :p
You never want to dress like your mom! :D

(My mom wore burnt orange pant suits with avocado green and gold blouses with giant bows.....:scream:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information