What Annoys You? Pet Peeves and Worse....

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I hate voice mail trees. . Especially when they ask for your account number. . I am prepared! I have it! I enter it! I acknowledge that it is correct! After 10 MI uses of them telling me how busy they are providing fabulous service I get a person. . Hallelujah! And their first question : WHT is your account number. . Are you kidding me.?

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Pet peeve: parents who insist on bringing their infants and toddlers into restaurants. If it's Burger King or Chuck E. Cheese, fine. Otherwise, do us all a favor and eat at home for a few years.
I took my little ones to restaurants... Knowing that at any moment I might end up in the parking lot walking a fussy kid while everyone else if I she'd eating. .

viennese

wrecked
Parents ignoring their kids in public are just lazy.

Part two of this pet peeve: parents who don't notice that children's boogery hands are touching everything in sight. In line at the coffee shop, I saw snotty faced kids reach onto the shelves and put their little paws all over the bottled water, the juices, the packaged salads and sandwiches.

Think of that before you buy your next iced grande whatever at Starbucks.

sam-skwantch

I don't understand the people who stand in front of doorways. I see this all of the time at my rink. Whether they are actually close enough to the door to get hit or not isn't even the issue, I hope they do get hit, it's because they don't understand that other people would like to follow the most logical path to their destination. A path they've chosen to stand in and many times they are even dumb enough to be facing the opposite direction. GAAH!!!

Teach your kids not to stand in front of doorways and please....lead by example.

Last edited:

Xela M

Part two of this pet peeve: parents who don't notice that children's boogery hands are touching everything in sight. In line at the coffee shop, I saw snotty faced kids reach onto the shelves and put their little paws all over the bottled water, the juices, the packaged salads and sandwiches.

Think of that before you buy your next iced grande whatever at Starbucks.

But you don't eat the plastic :confused: it's not like the plastic packaging is sterile. I would understand your annoyance if the kids were touching baked goods, but platic packaging? Seriously, adults are so creative in finding new ways to be annoyed by kids, that I think they need to grow up :p we were all kids once

Artemis@BC

I wasn't going to post any driving peeves, there are just too many, but I spotted this one again last night for about the zillionth time so:

People who pay more attention to the other traffic lights than they do for their own. On an almost daily basis I see a driver who starts rolling forward as soon as the other direction's lights turn red, and ends up hanging out in the middle of the intersection because they've failed to take an advanced left light into consideration. Twit!

susan6

One of my employees walked into my office today, and sat down, and then rasped, "I have the flu, so I might need to skip work tomorrow."
WHY DIDN'T YOU SKIP WORK TODAY???? Why did you insist on bringing your germs INTO my office instead of JUST EMAILING ME this information? A**hole. If I get the flu in the next 10 days, your a** is FIRED.
Seriously, people, stop trying to be a hero. If you go to work with the flu....no one....not even your boss....is impressed with your awesome work ethic. Instead, everyone around you thinks you're an a**hole. If you're sick with something miserable and contagious, STAY HOME if at all possible.

....aaaaaaaaaannnnnnd now I've got the flu.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
ANNOYING!!!!

1. When someone tries to have a conversation with me while I'm brushing my teeth.

2. When I'm half asleep and someone "dutch ovens" me.

3. When I have Merlot, Chardonnay, Pinot, Cabernet, Riesling, Zinfadel to choose from....and everyone drinks MY MOSCATO!!!

Japanfan

People who beep their horn at me annoyed because I am not make my left turn fast enough. Sorry if I don't feel like getting hit by an oncoming car - and I am the ONLY one who can truly judge if I could make the turn safely.

This happens to me all the time at one particular traffic section. I'll be in the middle of the intersection, ready to turn on yellow if need be, and cars behind will be angrily honking - just before some car burst right through the intersection.

ArtisticFan

But you don't eat the plastic :confused: it's not like the plastic packaging is sterile. I would understand your annoyance if the kids were touching baked goods, but platic packaging? Seriously, adults are so creative in finding new ways to be annoyed by kids, that I think they need to grow up :p we were all kids once

I was waiting to get to the meat counter at the grocery store the other day. A woman and man were there ahead of me with four kids. I just wanted a package of the lean ground beef for a spaghetti sauce. Two of their kids were poking holes in the packaging of the meat to dig holes into it with their fingers. The woman gave them a half hearted "stop that." No, I don't want to buy that package of meat now. I was behind them later in the dairy section. These same two kids were kissing and licking the milk containers with the picture of the cow on it so they could "kiss the cow." In the produce section they were throwing items on the ground to squash them.

I am not a mom, but I have a high tolerance for children. However, destroying products is a bit much. I have to wonder what other aisles they hit while I wasn't looking. There were two adults there. Surely one of them could have pulled the kids away for a bit so the other could finish getting the shopping done.

personwhoishere

I was waiting to get to the meat counter at the grocery store the other day. A woman and man were there ahead of me with four kids. I just wanted a package of the lean ground beef for a spaghetti sauce. Two of their kids were poking holes in the packaging of the meat to dig holes into it with their fingers. The woman gave them a half hearted "stop that." No, I don't want to buy that package of meat now. I was behind them later in the dairy section. These same two kids were kissing and licking the milk containers with the picture of the cow on it so they could "kiss the cow." In the produce section they were throwing items on the ground to squash them.

I am not a mom, but I have a high tolerance for children. However, destroying products is a bit much. I have to wonder what other aisles they hit while I wasn't looking. There were two adults there. Surely one of them could have pulled the kids away for a bit so the other could finish getting the shopping done.
Stories like this make me never want to go grocery shopping again :yikes:
Also reminds me why I don't particularly want to have children, although I like to think I'd make more of an effort to keep them under control if I did have any.

meggonzo

Banned Member

I would have found the store manager. Not only is it disgusting, they should have to pay for all the food they destroyed.

gk_891

Oh God, if I ever behaved like that when I was a child, my parents would've beaten me!

quartz

scratching at the light
Me. I annoy the crap out of myself. I am my own worst nightmare. :slinkaway
Also, ziplock bags that I have to run my fingers over seventeen times before the little groove-y things engage. :mad:
And cowlicks. I have no normal hair. My entire head is a endless cycle of fickle and haphazard randomness. :drama:

mattiecat13

People who call a boy "little man" when they are very young. The kid isn't a man, he's a child! They don't call a girl "little woman."

TheGirlCanSkate

People who call a boy "little man" when they are very young. The kid isn't a man, he's a child! They don't call a girl "little woman."
But many call their daughters "little mama" or "mamacita" or "little lady".

I am more icked out with "hey babe", "baby girl" to adult women. :D

But really, people have names, use them!

TheGirlCanSkate

I am so bothered by the "children of destruction in the grocery store" description. I don't blame the kids at all though, the adults get all the blame and should get the bill! Damaging merchandise is the same as stealing it.

It reminds me of another peeve, people who eat in the grocery store and don't pay for the items. I have often seen have drunk bottles of soda, chip bags shoved on shelves. It is gross and wrong. And lazy assed people who get something from the fridge or freezer section and change their minds and put it on a shelf. Walk three aisles over and put it back in the freezer!!!!!! I really think many people were raised in barns.

algonquin

I am so bothered by the "children of destruction in the grocery store" description. I don't blame the kids at all though, the adults get all the blame and should get the bill! Damaging merchandise is the same as stealing it.

It reminds me of another peeve, people who eat in the grocery store and don't pay for the items. I have often seen have drunk bottles of soda, chip bags shoved on shelves. It is gross and wrong. And lazy assed people who get something from the fridge or freezer section and change their minds and put it on a shelf. Walk three aisles over and put it back in the freezer!!!!!! I really think many people were raised in barns.
Once found $80.00 pakage of steaks left on a grocery shelf.

ArtisticFan

I would have found the store manager. Not only is it disgusting, they should have to pay for all the food they destroyed.

I did. Don't know the full outcome because I had to get on with my day, but I wasn't going to let it go unchecked.

When I first moved to the US I worked part-time in a grocery store. My biggest issue was people leaving refrigerated or frozen items on random shelves when they decided they didn't want them. Even worse to me was that other staff members were known to go ahead and put those items back in frozen food or coolers rather than go through the process of marking them in the system as damaged or spoiled. I'm still very aware of that and try to look for items in both locations that don't appear to have been taken out of the section and replaced at a later time (quality of the packaging, freezer burn, etc.).

Kruss

Not Auto-Tuned
It reminds me of another peeve, people who eat in the grocery store and don't pay for the items.

My dad used to sample a grape or two before he bought it to make sure they were okay. We used to joke that someday, the people at the store would run his bum across the scales/scanner at the checkout line.

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
People who talk about finding out the "gender" of their baby.

No, you are finding out the sex. Gender is a social construct. Are we such prudes that we can't use the word "sex" here even though it's appropriate? :mad:

moebius

People who waste resources, such as food, water, electricity, etc. Basically people who waste, doesn't matter what it is.
People who litter.
People who prop their feet on the seats of public transportation.
People who don't clean up after themselves.
People who buy things they don't need or won't use very often.
People who fill an entire cabinet of one thing, such as coffee, tea, etc. As soon as the container is empty, it is replaced immediately, even though there are god zillion other containers of the same item. They could be different flavors of the same item. But it doesn't matter. No one should be stocking up that many items of the same thing at one time.

Japanfan

Speaking of grocery stores, I'm annoyed by people who get in the fast 'X items' list, but have more than 'X' in their cart. Even X + 1 > X, and the line is for X.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information