What’s in store for Mao Asada this season?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by lowtherlore, Sep 29, 2010.

1. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

I agree with this. Ando is well capable of winning another WC, especially when it is being held in Japan, where she could have PCS advantage again. I am not a fan of her skating, but she has proven many times she can skate relatively clean in big competitions.

2. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

As you pointed out I am not big Mao fan, but I said good things about her in several of my previous posts. Other times I might have wrote things not to your liking, but don’t make false accusations. Where did I ever write “derogatory” things on Mao? I call a spade a spade.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  3. ponta1

ponta1 Active Member

I don't know what "good" things you've said about her. Basically, what you keep saying in numerous posts, is that she and the JSF continue to lie about approaching Orser, etc. etc. yada yada blah blah.

4. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

I agree with this. Boring as Miki is, she is consistent and capable of difficult, well-executed jumps and combinations. Her flexibility and spins aren't great but they are fine, and her slender body line makes these flaws more forgivable. Her PCS are consistently high, although not huge, but in Japan they could be if she skates well. The 2a-3t looked really solid in Japan Open, so if she includes that combo in her FS along with a 3lz-3lo and possibly a 4s, even if she gets URs, she'll still have a very high base value. Where Joannie may not skate, and Mao and Yuna going through big changes this season, Miki looks like a good bet for a world medal this season, possibly the gold, at least at this point.