Wedding/showers..advice, ettiquette, and general bitching!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Smiley0884, Mar 18, 2013.

1. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

^^^
    ITA!

2. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

Anita, the cake topper is adorable. I love that you added something so special and personal!

3. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

Very cute topper, Anita. I can see that you're knitting but what is Alf doing? Love the cat!

4. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

Sketching. :) He isn't an artist in an intellectual sense, but he likes drawing random things.

I made Mr. Cat like he is in real life - when he sits down, he looks like a Hershey's Kiss. :p

5. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Love the cake topper!

6. Anita18

Thanks all! I did a hail Mary pass with my hair - multiple women on Offbeat Bride were suggesting Lottabody setting lotion. So I got it at Sally's, it was pretty cheap and on sale so I got the mid-size container for $5. It's concentrated too, so it'll last a long time.

So, spray with Lottabody, curl with ceramic straightener.....success! :cheer:

And after 3.5 hours, they're a bit messy but still going strong! I didn't even spray them afterwards, but I think the style would hold better with it. Wooo!

7. cruisin

Day after tomorrow! I'm so excited for you!

8. skatesindreams

I'm excited and so happy for you, also, Anita!

9. Anita18

My friend heard from my coworker's brother in France. He's been at the hospital in an artificial coma for the past couple of days. :( He's sleeping and won't be able to Skype crash. :( :( :( I hope he'll be able to feel all of our good vibes from all the way here. Alf still thinks we can send him a video and maybe he'll be able to hear. I don't know. :(

10. skatesindreams

(((((That's so sad, Anita))))).
    At least you know how much he cares, how he wished he could be with you; and he knows that you feel the same about him.

11. milanessa

You may not know but I think Alf is right. Sorry about your friend/coworker.

12. cruisin

Oh Anita, I'm so sorry to hear that. In addition to you and your wedding celebrants, you have a whole group, here, who will also be sending good vibes with you. Alf is right, send the video. That is a hopeful thing to do :).

13. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

Anita, count me in as another who is sending you congratulations & many good vibes. I hope your wedding goes perfectly - whether your hair is straight or curly I know you'll be a beautiful bride. And don't forget, we want pictures!

14. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

I agree.
    Many happiness for years to come.

15. quartz

quartz turn around turn around it's on the other side

Anita, I am so sorry to hear of the latest update on your friend. I'm sure he would want you to put aside your sorrow and worry about him, and focus on your wedding and start of a new chapter in your life. Yes, it is a very bittersweet time for you right now, but please realize that this is your special day and you need to embrace all the joy you can. Your wedding day is such a fleeting moment in time, and yet such a life-altering event, and I hope it will be everything you have dreamed of.

16. cruisin

^^ Nicely said. Have a beautiful wedding, Anita. Much joy and love.

17. skatesindreams

Adding my best wishes on this wonderful day.
    May today begin a life filled with the best that life can bring; and great happiness for both of you.

18. hoptoad

hoptoad Well-Known Member

Best wishes Anita, for today and your life together.

But it just occurs to me, how will you refer to him once ALF no longer fits?

19. Anita18

I think he would too. I mean, I still think it's uncomfortable to refer to it as "my special day" but it should be a day of happiness regardless. We're gathered for a happy reason. My friend told me she'd take a video with her iPad.

ALF is a great acronym, and I think I'll keep using it. :rofl:

20. mkats

mkats New Member

For the longest time I thought his name really was Alf. :lol:

Congratulations to you both!!

21. milanessa

Have a wonderful day, Anita + Alf!! :)

22. vesperholly

vesperholly Well-Known Member

Congratulations Anita and Alf! :D

23. Anita18

Exactly! :lol: Thank you all!

Just checking Facebook at the hotel before we go bowling - of course some of the guests got pics up already. :p

Being coached by the photographer - so glad we got a pro!
    Where we got married!
    Pinwheels my mom made!
    My dad walking me down the aisle
    Om nom nom!

All in all, it was a pretty great day. We winged it a bit at the reception, because it was just TOO sunny and the linens we got didn't have holes in the middle to accomodate the table umbrellas. The guys at the venue were really nice and set up some linen-less tables inside so people could be more comfortable. It was fun and I definitely got the sense that everyone had a great time. :) Great folks, great food, what else could you ask for?

We did have a minor setback - my dad forgot his dress shirt. I had to laugh, because it was just CLASSIC dad. He's always bugging us not to forget stuff, but he's always the one who forgets stuff! :rofl: Luckily my sister's bf (and Alf, it turns out) brought an extra dress shirt and it fit my dad so YAY. :lol:

We're actually having more mixups post-wedding than pre-wedding. One of my aunts made off with my purse (and driver's license) so my cousin had to drive me to the hotel, and then we're doing some telephone-ing and hotel room key swapping to get said cousins (and my purse) back to where they belong! :rofl:

pat c, falling_dance, Really and 11 others like this.
  24. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the marriage!

25. milanessa

:) :) :) :)

26. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

pretty pictures - looks like a lovely day. Congratulations!

27. cruisin

Anita, you're awesome! Finding time to give us a peek! You are radiant and lovely - as expected. I wish you all of life's blessings, happiness, health, and love, as you begin this new chapter of your life.

BTW, I thought husband's name was Alf until a few posts ago :lol:! Does Alf know he's Alf?

28. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

Your hair looks great. Congratulations.

29. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Congrats Anita! You look absolutely beautiful and I hope you two have a wonderful, happy life together. :)

30. quartz

quartz turn around turn around it's on the other side

Awww....so happy for you Anita! It looks like you and ALF had a wonderful day. Thanks for the pics, LOVE your venue! :cheer: