websites to buy all things skating?

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by amylynn, Feb 12, 2011.

1. amylynn

amylynn New Member

Hi! Does anyone have any website reccomendations where I can purchase skating supplies? The rink where I skate does not have a good shop and I need a place to go to purchase laces, tights, etc.
    Thanks!

2. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

3. AliyahSk8

AliyahSk8 New Member

http://www.skate-mart.com/

The website isn't the most organized, but they are much cheaper than Rainbo and will match prices!

Reasonable shipping rate, also.

4. AliyahSk8

AliyahSk8 New Member

Just thought to add that I'd rank their customer service/ communication at about a 2.5- 3 out of 5. I've ordered from them twice. The first order shipped promptly, whereas the second order took over a week to ship.

If you order an item and they run out before they ship, they don't notify you beforehand-- they just don't ship it. With the first order it wasn't a major issue, with the second order the items were prizes for 2 skaters. I just happen to call to check the status of my order and was told that they no longer had the ordered items in stock. I was able to switch to a comparable product, but had I not called, my package would have been shipped without the items.

Refunds take up to one month to process. This is not listed on the site, this is what I was told when I inquired about an item that I returned to them at the end of January that hasn't been processed yet.

This is just a brief assessment of my personal experiences with this particular vendor.

I've ordered from other places, but won't review them now. It seems like ice skating sites either have "low" prices and spotty customer service or great customer service and astronomical prices.:confused:

What are your experiences with buying figure skating gear?

5. ElinorD

ElinorD New Member

I don't have a lot of purchase history, but I've had good experiences with http://www.icessorizeunlimited.com/ They have a really nice selection of dresses. It's also worth trying some of the dancewear websites. Mainstreet dancewear has some skating items, and so does Dancewear solutions. (The dance sites have TONS of tights.)

6. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

Are these all that are available re: the big skating e-commerce websites? Any other favorites?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  7. zaphyre14

zaphyre14 Well-Known Member

Skateweb has a huge listing of all kinds of skating-related websites, large and small.

8. Erica Lee

Erica Lee New Member

9. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member