Weaver and Poje their time is now

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by sliver98, Oct 22, 2011.

1. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

Can't wait to see the clip when it comes out! Their SD Eurosport clip:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZP7...DvjVQa1PpcFM74CdB5xxTpPK4ZJNjZdL4us5YyCgnMiA=

2. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

If anyone can make a polka look sexy, (next year's SD), then W&P can :). It will be interesting.

3. elle123

elle123 Member

I'm so proud of them for laying that performance out there tonight.

I'm also sad to see this program go but happy it went out on such a high note!

4. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

Well, I have a problem w/P&B's Bronze, but nothing that was their fault. That Fabian's complete and obvious screw up on the twizzles and their cautiousness last night, which w/Nathalie's injury was understandable, in their SD was placed above Kaitlyn and Andrew's fantastic ice melting w/amazing twizzles last night should not have happened to begin w/, but w/the point difference? I would have been okay w/them behind a point or so, but not w/the amount of the point spread between them considering we all know just how much those twizzles are worth in the SD *and* a required element.

However, as I said, that's not Fabian or Nathalie's fault and the really sad thing is I like them, but I just can't celebrate this long awaited medal for them thanks to the judging. It just proves to many out there in the public that skating's still fixed and I *know* I'll be getting grilled about this one the next time I'm out and about too. :(

What makes this even worse though? That it doesn't matter how hard Kaitlyn and Andrew work over the off season, nor how great of programs they'll have next year, because Worlds are in Canada next year the buzz will be they'll be getting a homecooked medal then. That talk's already starting now in some places.

That does Kaitlyn and Andrew no good, nor does it help the image of the sport either. While I wish I could celebrate what was one Hell of a way to perform these two programs for the final time, I just...I've just got this bittersweet feeling. :(

Oh and someone needs to stop PJ Kwong and her "PJ's Picks". Good Lord on High, w/the Pairs and Ice Dance, she's starting to get into Barb Underhill territory w/jinxing skaters she says will land on the Podium this Worlds. It's getting a wee bit scary.

5. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

I just love this team. They seem so incredibly classy and sweet. They bore the disappointments of missing the Olys and coming in second last year so well, in that it seemed to focus their energy even more on their skating. They express themselves so effectively in so many different types of dances.

And I just love how Weaver makes it a point to say "thank you" in the native language of wherever they're performing. It's a super cute and gracious gesture. LOVE THEM. (Have yet to see their FD so I am off to do my fanwork.)

It also seems like wherever they perform, they win the crowd. That's some charm they've got.

6. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

I think Weaver/Poje should keep "Je Suis Malade" for one more season. Usually I don't like that, but that program is a masterpiece.

7. ryanj07

ryanj07 Active Member

I would love to see "Malade" for another season as well, it really is one of my favorite FDs under COP. However, repeating a program typically doesn't work well for dance teams. We'll just have to hope that they come up with another amazing program for next year!

8. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

I've actually been wondering if they'll take it on tour w/them for CSOI.

9. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan Well-Known Member

love reading all the positive comments in this thread. I am so, so proud of Kaitlyn and Andrew, and while I agree with the final standings (but didn't expect such a difference in the FD scores between P&B and W&P as I thought Kaitlyn and Andrew might fare better than they did in IN and P/E), I think W&P had more freedom and abandon than any of the teams. They really struck a perfect balance between throwing themselves into the performance and staying clean. Their edges were gorgeous today, and their unison was so on. I was as emotional as the lovely Anjelika after that skate. Just stunning.

Congratulations, Kaitlyn and Andrew!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  10. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan Well-Known Member

that would be awesome!

11. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

I hope they keep it as an exhibition, but I don't think the judges will give them the marks they deserve if they keep it. Also, I want them to have new music and new programs so they can improve in other ways and not get bored.

12. Macassar88

I actually thought that they did better at GPF (I felt that most teams did) but I still felt like they have been underscored all season. I'm really glad that they scored above 100, but I thought they should have been closer to 102. I thought that overall, they had the second best pair of programs to Virtue and Moir, but I knew that them getting silver was out of the question because it would mean that Davis and White would have to be fourth.

13. sequins

sequins Active Member

Agreed. Especially in ice dance, and with a program as successful as it was, do not use it again. Leave it,as is with wonderful memories, and a wonderful season. Next year is pre-Olympic and you don't want a setback.

Congrats to them. For me they had the performance of the night and Kaitlyn was so sweet to P/B it was just lovely. Especially when you think back to past 'behaviours' in ice dance. It's just so awesome that all these teams are so supportive and friendly with each other, I love it!

14. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Please provide one example of when one of Ms. Underhill's predictions did not go right. She is a genius in her proclamations.

15. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

That was a stunning performance! I have enjoyed this program all season long and I love how they skated it at Worlds. Such passion and so clean (those twizzles were amazing). I was mesmerized all the way through and like Krylova, was choked up by the end. Just superb.

16. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

17. Macassar88

I wonder what they will do next year. I think that Malade would have worked really well in contrast to the Yankee Polka SD (BLEGH) but I don't want them to repeat it. Maybe they could try something classical? Or they could go with a crazy all percussion dance like Krylova and Ovsiannikov did! :eek:

18. PashaFan

PashaFan Well-Known Member

I came on this thread to say how happy I am for W/P. But did not expect to see such a negative reaction to Nathalie & Fabians bronze.
    Maybe some of you should be more like Kaitlyn & be happy for them instead of saying it's a home-country medal.
    Will you be saying that next year if W/P get a medal?.
    But I really am happy for them. I've loved their free all season. Kaitlyn seems like a classy girl :respec:

19. 4rkidz

4rkidz plotting, planning and travelling

Weaver and Poje program really moved me emotionally - I remember Andrew having to skate by himself in KW when he didn't have a partner and look at him now :) I think these two will continue to train and work hard hard and the timing for Sochi will be perfect.. Great job!

20. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

I think next year Weaver & Poje might move up to a silver or bronze at Worlds. They really are improving fast.

21. Twizzler

Twizzler Well-Known Member

Haven't seem the performance yet, but I was wondering what happened to Kaitlyn's knee. In the FD pic on ice network, it looks like she cut it pretty badly.

22. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

I heard she stated that the ice was rough. I think it was more of a scrape than a cut, but it really started bleeding at the end of their program where she travels on her knee for the final pose. That was the most emotionally charged FD I have ever seen, and like Krylova, I had a tear in my eye.

23. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

W/P were ***ok*** but not as great as everyone is saying. I can't help but wonder if their music is so over-dramatic, that it makes them seem better than they are? It really is powerful music, but are they as powerful skaters as the music? Not so much.

24. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:
    W/P were more than OK and the judges deemed it so. Sorry you don't appear to be of the same opinion. If you want to speak about couples using the music to drive their skating and the reaction to it, you could say the same thing about D/W who also used music that carried them.

Really, what IS it about some posters who insist on coming into "uber" threads just so they can post their negative opinions.:blah:

25. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

I could argue the same about D&W and DF. :shuffle:

Anyway, you're sounding very bitter leafy. Guess you had a bad couple days? :lol:

26. annie_mg

annie_mg Active Member

I have been waiting for a couple that can move me as much as W/P did last night to come along for so many years! I don't think I was moved so much since Marina and Gwendal (and that says A LOT). The first thing I need to see in a couple to love them is chemistry and passion. And they definitely have that. I'm with them 100%. Their FD was my favourite moment of the championships so far!

27. victoriajh

victoriajh Well-Known Member

Seriously? I have watched it several times already, it brought the ice queen herself to tears!!!!!

I was so impressed with them. Easily the skate of night for me
    I only wished they were the bronze winners...

28. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

Weaver and Poje had the skate of the night for me too. Loved it.

Kaitlyn is really improving which is nice to see. I thought she looked down in her knees more yesterday than I've seen her before. There are times when she can use more stretch in her free leg and I'm sure Krylova will continue to work on that. Andrew is so great and such a steady partner. I loved their circ footwork sequence. It had such deep edges and great flow.

Very curious to see what Camerlengo gives them next year. I hope they will have great material again!

29. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

My favorite performance of the competition.
    The more I watch them, the more I love them.
    I want them so badly to end up on a World's podium. I will be tricky, but they are so expressive. It's not that they are so pretty (though they are), but that they are so completely sincere in their musical expression. They and their coaches are a match made in heaven.

30. maggylyn

maggylyn Well-Known Member

I think so too.

W/P just keep getting better and better. I really hope they make it to the World podium some day.