Weaver and Poje their time is now

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by sliver98, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

Bkfan...That needed to be said.:respec: I've felt it was a bit disingenuous when , e.g. , Tracy Wilson said how improved they were this season ( as if they'd been stagnating , until now ) , when IMO they've improved every year they've been together. They've always had a good work ethic , and been eager to address any problems .

Bravo to them and may it bring them success at World's.

2. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

Great skate by Kaitlyn and Andrew yesterday. Very happy for them. They are getting so close to that 100 mark score in the FD. Hope they get it at worlds.

3. Proustable

Proustable New Member

I don't mean to dismiss their improvements in the past, but ... there's a reason this thread is titled "Their time is now." Whatever improvements they've made on a year basis have been eclipsed by the improvements they made THIS year.

Belbin: "Sometimes all you need is to realize that the door is open to have confidence to take it to the next level"

She said this during the Universal Sports coverage of 4CC, and I think it's particularly apt. There had to have been a feeling of also-ran vs Crone/Porier in Canada with all those close losses. That fifth place finish at Worlds I think had to be a HUGE boost in their confidence for them. The realization that if they did take it to the next level, that it would be rewarded.

And it is. Their SD works for them (indeed, for it to work, they need to project a great deal of confidence) and their FD is simply one of the season's masterpieces. The scores they are getting have been quite high and I don't think they've peaked with either program.

4. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

Oh, I agree ... you've been able to feel the momentum building around them all year( in their marks , in their performances , in the way audiences everywhere have recieved them ). And the ignition was at last year's World's.. (at the time , I thought , good as it was , they were a little undermarked in the SD )..but hey , without a doubt , it's been sweet.

And the kind of confidence they've exuded all year was exactly what I'd hoped they'd gain after World's.

If I seemed to be whinging , above ;) it's just the lingering resentment that their past noticeable improvements were often not remarked .

I guess that's behind them now :lol: ..for good , I hope.

ETA: I loved Kaitlyn's response to aspiring skaters in the Q&A ...Don't stop believing in yourself...anything is possible... It's not over ( 'til the fat lady sings ).. Tells you where they've been.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  5. Lissa

Lissa New Member

I think they have the best FD of the season of all teams imo:D

Also wondering if they are an off ice couple too, I read someone said they believe they are but others said they have stated they are platonic friends, Andrew is a total doll omg:p

6. elle123

elle123 Member

They said in an interview that they share an apartment in Detroit platonically but you never know.

7. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

8. JasperBoy

JasperBoy Well-Known Member

Maybe Kaitlyn has built up an immunity to Andrew's good looks. She is probably the only woman in the arena who doesn't moan when he gyrates at the beginning of this year's SP.;):swoon::psoty::grope:

9. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

They also go traveling together, and visit each others' families, and buy Christmas presents together... platonically, of course.

10. NorthernDancers

NorthernDancers New Member

:rofl: :lol:

11. elle123

elle123 Member

Looking forward to the battle for bronze! Hopefully Nathalie is able to compete or else it won't be the same.

12. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

13. NarumiAyane

NarumiAyane New Member

That's Madison Hubbell in her SD dress

14. bluestocking

bluestocking New Member

Does anyone know why WP skated in the 4th flight rather than the final flight? They've finished higher than the Shibs or IK this year, and yet those 2 teams were in the final flight.

15. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

The top 10 teams draw for the last 10 spots. So they can skate in either of the last 2 groups.

16. bluestocking

bluestocking New Member

17. Macassar88

I gotta say, I wasn't really a fan of their short dance until today. It was amazing. Personally, I thought that it should have been second. It had so much more latin feel than Davis/White and Pechalat Bourzat.

18. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Yep ....they wuz robbed. I thought they put out an awsome program today, and really feel they were undermarked.

19. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

Congrats on a terrific skate! That was my favourite SD performance of theirs this season, and I was thrilled to see them do it at Worlds. They managed to stay clean without holding back, and their rhumba melted the ice. I am confused by the negative GOEs on their rhumba sequences, but they certainly weren't the only ones to receive those.
    It is so great to see them looking so confident and enjoying themselves and I wish them the best in the FD:)

20. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

I know their free dance will be my favourite as it's been all season but my faves are Nathalie & Fabian so my heart rules my head on this one.
    But I'm really looking forward to watching them skate & I think it will go down well with the French crowd even though they are going up against the home team.
    I will say that I hope EVERY couple skates clean :D

21. bluestocking

bluestocking New Member

Fantastic FD! And they finally broke 100.:)

22. ryanj07

ryanj07 Active Member

W/P were easily my favorites this season. They really have grown into an great dance team.

I loved seeing Kaitlyn immediately going to hug P/B after their scores, even though it likely meant that they wouldn't medal. So classy. :respec:

23. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

So happy for them to have finally broken 100. :)

I was rooting for them to take the bronze, but they still have had such a wonderful season, and 4th ain't too shabby! This is just another step for them in building their career, and I have thoroughly enjoyed both of their dances this year. Canada is in good hands with them for the future. :)

24. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

Double post. Oops!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  25. Macassar88

Yeah that was one of my favorite moments of the championships. Two others were seeing Krylova's reactions to both pairs. She obviously cares so much about both of them.

26. Debrah

Debrah Well-Known Member

Fabulous and mezmerizing FD from W&P. They had the most emotional impact for sure. The good news is they moved up a spot from last world's!

27. puglover

puglover Active Member

I'm sorry that is the last we will see of that program. I just love it. Great job today!

28. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

It brought tears to their coach's eyes, and mine too. They are one step closer, but I don't disagree with Natalie and Fabian getting the "lifetime achievement award". I still think that W/P had the better programs and skated them with passion and great "tek".......

They will be podium bound eventually.....I feel it in my older bones :)

29. Bue

Bue New Member

Chris on Eurosport was in awe of their performance tonight. He said that one day they will be "unbeatable". And the Eurosport guys have a good history of picking future champions - I remember when they said the same about Scott and Tessa!

30. NorthernDancers

NorthernDancers New Member

I completely agree!