Weaver and Poje their time is now

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by sliver98, Oct 22, 2011.

1. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

I think it is. They will be given the bronze as a retirement gift (or maybe they will deserve it) and then if they are wise they will get the heck out as by next year Weaver & Poje, Bobrova & Soloviev, Shibutanis, and possibly others will be leapfrogging them if they dare remain.

2. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

It could be Dortmund W/L all over again except I hope P/B deserve it :shuffle:

I can see W/P possibly overtaking them if they stay but not B/S.

3. elle123

elle123 Member

Weirder things have happened. Just look at the Shibs winning bronze last year - no one expected that.

4. kwanette

kwanette Fetalized since 1998

The sin will be if B/S overtake W/P by Sochi.

5. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

If she improves her posture and they improve their footwork sequences, it's not out of the question. They get really PC's. They're really fast across the ice.

6. kwanette

Then I will have to just poke both of my eyes out. They started the push for them at Skate Canada 09. I just find them so unappealing.

7. sliver98

sliver98 Banned Member

well like every year at the start it seems that there is a big push for them but the programs turn out so terrible that the judges just give up:lol:

8. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Besides her shitty posture, what do you have against them? (I'm a big fan of both B/S and W/P)

9. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

The sin will be if I/K don't overtake B/S by Sochi :shuffle:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  10. kwanette

For me, they are unwatchable, totally unappealing..too over the top...I'm sure that they are lovely people, in fact, an elite ice dancer's mom told me how nice she is, but I just don't like their skating.

11. skatingfan04

skatingfan04 Active Member

My issue with both B/S and I/K is that they look so weak technically. I know they're doing difficult elements, but they usually look like their struggling through them. Teams like W/P and V/M (not to mention a bunch of others I would put into this group) are able to make the difficult look easy, and that is what should be rewarded. The best teams make the audience forget about the elements.

Also, I find B/S really boring artistically. At least, IMO, I/K have a bit of spark.

12. elle123

elle123 Member

Costuming is pretty horrible, too.

13. kwanette

It is.

14. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Did you still talking about Gillis-Porie FD? I love t and i think they could be very strong team. They have similar temperaments and look like they have fun together. With Dean creativity this made me there fan :)
    As for W-P. I dont like SD, but great FD. But after G-P FD W-P look a little boring. My favorute Malade - at GPF :)

15. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

pani .. I think they're comparing W/P to B/S.

I liked G/P's FD as a show program. It was very enjoyable..but thought it was lacking as a competitive program. I liked their energy and power , and agree they have potential.... But I thought they should probably be somewhere in the mix with the 2 or 3 couples below them..not up at 62 ? for the SD and 100 (!!!) for the FD.

Even Tracey Wilson had to make the excuse that the judges must have marked G/P so high in the SD because they had to skate so early , they really stuck out among the lowest ranked skaters.. but the judges aren't supposed to make that mistake.

Paul may be a very excellent skater from the hips down ( and he's strong ) ... but Andrew is very far above him in posture, expression, musicality, being as one with his partner..and Piper is nowhere near the skater Kaitlyn is , right now.

One very cute , clever program should not put them 16 points above the 2 or 3 couples below them and only 11 behind W/P.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
    alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  16. geoskate

geoskate Well-Known Member

As much as I love Weaver/Poje, I really want Pechalat/Bourzat to get the bronze this year, in their home country. I think Weaver/Poje would be fine with fourth. This year.

I actually quite like B/S and I/K also, so I'd be quite happy if they improve enough that they start to get marks approaching Weaver/Poje's current marks as long as Weaver/Poje improve enough that they start getting marks approaching V/M or D/W's current marks.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  17. bluestocking

bluestocking New Member

Congratulations to WP! VERY well-deserved bronze medal. And to my ears they got the most enthusiastic response from the audience too.:)

18. skatingfan04

skatingfan04 Active Member

These two just keep getting better.:D You could tell they had the crowd eating out of their hands. So amazing!

19. Proustable

Proustable New Member

I actually thought they were freer with their expression at the GPF, but I think they were clearly pacing themselves here. They aim to peak in Nice, and I think that'll happen. Amazing

20. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

This two are my second favorite team!! I love them and that program and their performance of it today was amazing!

21. Sit_spin

Sit_spin New Member

They were so good today. I really hope they do great at Worlds!

22. bluestocking

bluestocking New Member

LynnW and (deleted member) like this.
  23. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Beautiful and powerful!!!!

24. elle123

elle123 Member

Thanks! At work now but can't wait to go home and watch it!

25. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Amazing perfomance. They are so strong and all time show clean skating!

26. mia joy

mia joy New Member

It's funny how a W/P fan can complain about some other girl's shitty posture :p

Yes, I do agree Bobrova's posture is bad, I do agree they're too over the top and I just don't get this team, there's something terribly weird and annoying about the way they skate. I hope I/K improve like crazy and take the Russia's number 1 team status away from them asap.

BUT that doesn't change the fact that Kaitlyn has huge issues with her positions too. Their FD is such a stunner, I love the dance to pieces and I'd love to love the team who skates it, but I just can't. I have too many issues with Weaver's skating. Such a shame.

Also, I really think P/B, if clean, deserve to beat W/P. At least for now.

27. elle123

elle123 Member

Regardless of where they place at Worlds, this has been a great season for Andrew and Kaitlyn!

I also hope P/B are able to skate cleanly and EARN the bronze in front of a home crowd.

28. puglover

puglover Active Member

I hope they kick butt at worlds - my only regret is then I will only be able to watch "Je Suis Malade" on reruns. I loved it from the moment I saw it - strap and all - and it has just gotten better and better. I have always been a fan - but now they are one of my top favourite dance teams.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  29. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

GAH I LOVE their FD this year. If the audience gets behind them in Nice, as the music swells, there will not be dry eye in the house.

30. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan Well-Known Member

Awesome performance! I am so proud of them! They have been so consistent in the delivery of this FD and I can't help but get emotional each time I see it. I actually don't feel they have been over the top with the expression, but that is JMO. Like Proustable, I found they had more abandon at the GPF but I have loved this dance at every outing and I cannot wait to see their performance in Nice. Like others have said, no matter what the result, these two should be so proud of what they have accomplished this season. actually, they have improved throughout their career, always addressing their technical weaknesses while trying to challenge themselves artistically. I have mad respect for them and am thrilled to see them rewarded for all their hard work and talent.