Weaver and Poje their time is now

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by sliver98, Oct 22, 2011.

1. tapper88

tapper88 New Member

..or just lying? (and I don't necessarily mean that in a bad way!) Maybe they don't want people to know.
  2. skatingfan04

skatingfan04 Active Member

I suppose that's possible as well.:lol: It's none of our business, after all.
  3. Sylvia

Sylvia Whee, summer club comps!

4. hlp728

hlp728 Active Member

I wish them the best this week!!! Love this team!!

Is Kaitlyn a fan of Julianne Hough from DWTS. I ask because Julianne wore a tiger dress the season she danced with Apollo as well as a rumba dress where the strap was purposely draped down like Kaitlyn's FD dress. If so, that's a great dancing role model for sure.
  5. skatingfan04

Yes, I believe the commentators at the GPF said the inspiration for that dress had come from Julianne.
  6. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

geoskate and (deleted member) like this.
  7. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Thanks Shayii.......my....those two are photogenic........never seen a bad pic yet :)
  8. stevlin

stevlin Member

Weaver and Poje are my fav ice dancers now. I love their style.
  9. sliver98

sliver98 Banned Member

strong skate not their best today slight wobble from Kaitlyn on the first twizzle, they have a hell of a free dance though tessa and scott better bring it tommorrow.
  10. skatingfan04

Wow. Great scores, and well deserved. Not their best, but pretty fantastic none the less.
  11. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

Only .14 lower than V/M. :eek: I know V/M had a mistake but still...that's amazing. They deserve it, though, they have worked hard to improve and I really love their connection on the ice. I still watch "Moulin Rouge" over and over! And their FD this year is just so emotional and captivating.
  12. geoskate

geoskate Well-Known Member

I was waiting for them to make their trademark mistake (meaning, in previous seasons they always used to have one error per program) and . . . they didn't. Yes, there was one slightly shaky moment in the twizzles, but no disaster.

This season they finally seem to be developing the mental strength they need to skate their best in competition. Good for them.
  13. sliver98

sliver98 Banned Member

Virtue and moir were good but lets be objective their free dance this year just does not measure up to weaver and poje who were brilliant today, anyway next year will be neck and neck kaitlyn and andrew will finally get their due and tracy wilson needs to shut they are other great teams that could beat them.
  14. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

Another great skate from W/P. I want them to medal at Worlds so badly. As much as I like ( a lot!) Natalie and Fabian, Weaver/Poje's FD is THE FD of the year for me, and the way they perform it is brilliant. I've become such an uber in such a short time- starting from last year's Worlds.
  15. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

Awesome nationals for W&P. Their FD was amazing. So happy for them and so glad they are finally able to skate cleanly under the pressure. Would love for them to medal at Worlds but doubt it will happen with P&B skating in their home country. Unless P&B have a mistake like last year. Maybe W&P will medal at worlds next year in London.

As an aside, Andrew is so smoking hot in both programs. :smokin: :swoon:

ETA: Does anyone know what W&P's long-term plans are? Do we know if they are setting their sights on Korea in 2018?
  16. sequins

sequins New Member

Great job by W&P. However I didn't feel it like I did at the GPF , must have been the tears:lol:.I know what you mean by their 'trademark mistake' but I feel like they finally overcame that last year and they're like a brand new team. I love P/B though too and after last years heartbreak I can't help but hope for them but if W/P get the bronze and they deserve it I'm good with that too. Two Canadian teams on the World podium at the same time? I wouldn't believe my eyes.
  17. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Well, there's been 2 American teams on the podium, so why not 2 Can. teams. They are just building towards a podium placement and I hope they make it.
  18. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Two American teams in Russia. Two Canadian teams in France.

Well, stranger things have happened, but I truly hope that P/B get the bronze.
  19. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

I cant see P/B not getting the bronze at Worlds with it being in France unless they take a huge crash like last year. W/P will have to hope for a medal at Worlds next year.
  20. kwanette

kwanette Fetalized since 1998

I agree. This may be the last yr that we see the French on the podium at Worlds.
  21. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

I think it is. They will be given the bronze as a retirement gift (or maybe they will deserve it) and then if they are wise they will get the heck out as by next year Weaver & Poje, Bobrova & Soloviev, Shibutanis, and possibly others will be leapfrogging them if they dare remain.
  22. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

It could be Dortmund W/L all over again except I hope P/B deserve it :shuffle:

I can see W/P possibly overtaking them if they stay but not B/S.
  23. elle123

elle123 New Member

Weirder things have happened. Just look at the Shibs winning bronze last year - no one expected that.
  24. kwanette

The sin will be if B/S overtake W/P by Sochi.
  25. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

If she improves her posture and they improve their footwork sequences, it's not out of the question. They get really PC's. They're really fast across the ice.
  26. kwanette

Then I will have to just poke both of my eyes out. They started the push for them at Skate Canada 09. I just find them so unappealing.
  27. sliver98

sliver98 Banned Member

well like every year at the start it seems that there is a big push for them but the programs turn out so terrible that the judges just give up:lol:
  28. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Besides her shitty posture, what do you have against them? (I'm a big fan of both B/S and W/P)
  29. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

The sin will be if I/K don't overtake B/S by Sochi :shuffle:
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  30. kwanette

For me, they are unwatchable, totally unappealing..too over the top...I'm sure that they are lovely people, in fact, an elite ice dancer's mom told me how nice she is, but I just don't like their skating.
  31. skatingfan04

My issue with both B/S and I/K is that they look so weak technically. I know they're doing difficult elements, but they usually look like their struggling through them. Teams like W/P and V/M (not to mention a bunch of others I would put into this group) are able to make the difficult look easy, and that is what should be rewarded. The best teams make the audience forget about the elements.

Also, I find B/S really boring artistically. At least, IMO, I/K have a bit of spark.
  32. elle123

elle123 New Member

Costuming is pretty horrible, too.
  33. kwanette

It is.
  34. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Did you still talking about Gillis-Porie FD? I love t and i think they could be very strong team. They have similar temperaments and look like they have fun together. With Dean creativity this made me there fan :)
    As for W-P. I dont like SD, but great FD. But after G-P FD W-P look a little boring. My favorute Malade - at GPF :)
  35. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

pani .. I think they're comparing W/P to B/S.

I liked G/P's FD as a show program. It was very enjoyable..but thought it was lacking as a competitive program. I liked their energy and power , and agree they have potential.... But I thought they should probably be somewhere in the mix with the 2 or 3 couples below them..not up at 62 ? for the SD and 100 (!!!) for the FD.

Even Tracey Wilson had to make the excuse that the judges must have marked G/P so high in the SD because they had to skate so early , they really stuck out among the lowest ranked skaters.. but the judges aren't supposed to make that mistake.

Paul may be a very excellent skater from the hips down ( and he's strong ) ... but Andrew is very far above him in posture, expression, musicality, being as one with his partner..and Piper is nowhere near the skater Kaitlyn is , right now.

One very cute , clever program should not put them 16 points above the 2 or 3 couples below them and only 11 behind W/P.
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
    alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  36. geoskate

geoskate Well-Known Member

As much as I love Weaver/Poje, I really want Pechalat/Bourzat to get the bronze this year, in their home country. I think Weaver/Poje would be fine with fourth. This year.

I actually quite like B/S and I/K also, so I'd be quite happy if they improve enough that they start to get marks approaching Weaver/Poje's current marks as long as Weaver/Poje improve enough that they start getting marks approaching V/M or D/W's current marks.
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  37. bluestocking

bluestocking New Member

Congratulations to WP! VERY well-deserved bronze medal. And to my ears they got the most enthusiastic response from the audience too.:)
  38. skatingfan04

These two just keep getting better.:D You could tell they had the crowd eating out of their hands. So amazing!
  39. Proustable

Proustable New Member

I actually thought they were freer with their expression at the GPF, but I think they were clearly pacing themselves here. They aim to peak in Nice, and I think that'll happen. Amazing
  40. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

This two are my second favorite team!! I love them and that program and their performance of it today was amazing!