Weaver and Poje their time is now

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by sliver98, Oct 22, 2011.

1. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Betcha a few of the bronze contenders will have their panties in a knot right now. How wonderful for W/P......a honkin' personal best :respec::respec::respec:

2. semogal

semogal Well-Known Member

that was an awesome SD. They let the world know they are in the mix for the podium in Sochi. So happy for them.

3. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

Beautiful SD, loved their step sequence, how the music and the steps got faster. Good for them!

4. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

What a huge improvement since SLC! Way to go, Kaitlyn & Andrew! Congratulations on a PB best SD by over 2.5 points! How great is that this early in the season :)

Really a lovely skate!

5. liv

liv Well-Known Member

What a great program, building to the end.

They "should" be in the medal hunt in Sochi...

6. semogal

semogal Well-Known Member

7. sequins

sequins Active Member

Loved them and am so happy for them. Looks like they're back in the mix:) Andrew especially knocked my socks off tonight. I can't tell you how impressed I was by him, but maybe it's just me?

8. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

So happy for them. They truly looked like they are worthy of a medal in Sochi. Here's hoping...

spikydurian and (deleted member) like this.
  9. puglover

puglover Active Member

Wow - way to go - so happy for Kaitlyn and Andrew.

10. Proustable

Proustable New Member

11. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Loved that FD! I would love to see this team with bronze in Sochi :cheer2:

12. Bue

Bue Active Member

Wow, these two are on the up. Every year I am more and more impressed with W/P. I think they must also be one of, if not the most, versatile dance teams today. They can pull off anything!

13. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

They were fabulous, best FD of this comp, imo. Really glad to see the judges rewarding teams who make obvious improvement.

14. googooeyes

googooeyes Member

They were wonderful. You're right tapdancer it's nice to see them getting their due. They actually beat V & M on the technical in both programs. I don't think the judges will give them mid to high 9s until V & M retire though.

15. liv

liv Well-Known Member

Fantastic skate and score for them. I really enjoy their skating. Working with Krylova and Camerlango has really worked for them and they have a strong package this year yet again.

16. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Wow! I thought that Cappellini/Lanotte had amazing and promising skates and scores at Skate America, and also thought that Weaver/Poje could get similar scores, but I didn't expect this. And well deserved - they looked just great in both programs. Somehow I don't believe that the two Russian teams will be close to that level at their respective GPs - least of all Bobrova/Soloviev. Never say never, but they obviously were not ready at Ice Star just a week ago. Perhaps only Pechalat/Bourzat could come near those scores if they skate close to their best. So, go Kaitlyn and Andrew!

17. JasperBoy

JasperBoy Heading for Helsinki

W/P had a wonderful SC competition and have set the bar very high.

I was thinking back to their big disappointment in 2010, when they missed a trip to the Olympics by a very narrow margin. At that time it seemed like the end of the world, especially for Andrew. They regrouped and worked harder, and are now so far above their own levels in 2010 that it is like they are a different team. They have earned a great deal of respect from me for how they have worked during these 4 years. I am sure their dreams will come true next February.

18. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

While I've thoroughly enjoyed Weaver and Poje's programs over the past few seasons, their skating did not give me any inclination to think that they could be a podium contender in Sochi -- until this weekend. They're programs, as well as their execution of them were just breathtaking :D.

Although their Je Suis Malade FD was all the buzz two seasons ago, I wasn't much of a fan of it -- not because of them, but because I'm generally not a fan of that type of program. The Tango they're doing for their FD this season is in another class and took their skating to a whole new level. They are right up there in the mix, along with Capellini and Lanotte and to a lesser extent, Pechelat and Bourzat, in what looks to be shaping up for an epic battle for the Bronze Medal. After P/B's results at Worlds and Bourzat's injury, as well as having to deal with the clusterfcuk known as the FFSG headed by Der Fuhrer Gailhaguet, god help them.

No doubt a lot of people consider the Bobajobs to be the favorites for Bronze in Sochi, but unless the they make some seriously drastic changes to both their SD and FD, I have serious doubts that they will place any higher than fourth. If you missed their outings in the Ice Star competition in Minsk, here they are:

Short Dance

Score for the SD: 74.17 (TES of 37.17, PCS of 37.00)

Free Dance

Score for the FD: 106.15 (TES of 50.67, PCS of 55.48)

My reaction to those marks was :rofl: :huh: -- in what universe were those trainwrecks able to achieve those scores? (answer: :blocjudge :bribe: )

As for I/K, no idea how they are looking this season, and to the best of my knowledge, they haven't competed yet, so they're still a bit of a variable at this point.

At any rate, congratulations to Kaitlyn and Andrew for their more than well-deserved and earned Silver Medal at Skate Canada! :cheer2:

19. Tweak

Tweak New Member

I actually found H/D pretty dull and boring despite being technically solid. W/P really brought it, I enjoyed every minute of it.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  20. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

Two excellent skates of two excellent programs.. I'm so pleased for them. What a treat!

21. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

Congrats to W&P for staring the season with strong skates. Wishing them all the best.

22. Marta24

Marta24 Active Member

I have watched their FD at least ten times and I am still not tired of it. I was afraid that their Olympic FD could never be as good as Je suis malade, but I am so happy that they created such a special FD for the Olympic season. :swoon:

The German Eurosport guys couldn't stop gushing about them. :lol:

23. Excidra

Excidra New Member

I love love love W/P. They've got two great programs and their journey to Sochi started off with a huge stamp of approval from the judges. I can't wait see how these programs will build throughout the season. Canadian Nationals is going to be one exciting event.

WTG W/P

24. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

I really can't see it happening, but I will be so unhappy if SC promotes G/P over W/V. IMHO they are not even in the same league.

25. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

You mean W/P of course. But I don't think that it is even possible. After last season they must know that no matter how they promote G/P, they are not going to get such marks internationally - especially at the bigger competitions. Besides, Gilles doesn't have the Canadian passport/citizenship yet, and probably won't get it in time for Olympics. Even if she would get it, seems that Paul/Islam are better anyway, although they lack consistency.

26. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I think G/P are a big question mark regardless of citizenship. I think Paul is healed and they are training. It will be interesting to see how they look given their lack of training time in the off season. Are they scheduled to compete in China this week?

Edited to add: G/P will be at NHK and Rostelecom Cup in Russia.

27. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

My take is that G/P will be in a battle for 3rd this year with P/I. W/P are way ahead of them now in every way. If Poirier had stayed with Crone, it might be a different story, but that's not the reality. W/P stand a very good chance of medalling in Sochi with those programs if all goes well......here's hoping!!!!

spikydurian and (deleted member) like this.
  28. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I think third will be paul nd Islam
    They had a great free dance yesterday.

29. clairecloutier

clairecloutier Well-Known Member

Prior to now, I've never been a huge fan of Kaitlyn & Andrew. I've appreciated their talents and liked some programs more than others, but wasn't completely sold on them. After Skate Canada, though, wow. They were amazing! They have really made a big leap forward with their skating this season. Both programs are absolutely wonderful, and they are skating them brilliantly already. Just a huge improvement over last season. As of now, I absolutely see them as podium contenders for Sochi.

30. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!