Weaver and Poje their time is now

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by sliver98, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Debrah

Debrah Well-Known Member

Have to agree with Pratfall, have you seen the FD costume of Bobrova, talk about a distracting mess of irregular fabric bits and pieces hanging all over the dress + glitter+feathers and all people can talk about is Kaitlin's hanging strap?

I guess it is good to know that people are now really worried about W&P potentially moving up in the world, that they only have a strap to whine about, in terms of their skating this season, wink, wink...

2. sequins

sequins Active Member

It's offical W/P are a threat! Seriously people....a strap?:lol:

3. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

:D..That seductive little strap is just too hot to handle ..

Go, W/P !

4. NorthernDancers

NorthernDancers Active Member

:rofl: That's spot on....

5. jtpc

jtpc Active Member

Watching the CofR practice video, I like how they've kept the highlight of the straight line lift at the end so that it still captures the music and taken the flip over dismount out to save time. Can't wait to see how they do this weekend compared to Bobrova and Soloviev. I think Kaitlyn and Andrew have 2 fantastic programs! :)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  6. sliver98

sliver98 Banned Member

go Weaver and Poje kick butt in Russia:kickass:

7. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Why there's no simple thumb up smiley (that 'respect' smiley is a bit too much for me)? Oh, well - :cool:, Pratfall. That's something along the lines of what I've been thinking while reading those complaints about Kaitlyn's tiny strap :).

8. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I'm not offended by the strap. I'm just projecting my own insanity, it would drive me crazy to have a strap hanging down! :lol:

maggylyn and (deleted member) like this.
  9. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Once I realized it was meant to be hanging off, I thought it quite clever and effective.

10. skatingfan04

skatingfan04 Active Member

I actually like the strap down.:shuffle: I think it adds to the effect of their story and the music. I must say, I love this costume on her. She has a tendency to go for something more dramatic, but this si simple and elegant and shows off her lines and beauty without distracting you from the real hilight of the prgram, their expression. Same goes for Andrew's simple outfit. Really great choices, IMO.

I'm really rooting for them this week. I think they are much better than B/S, and if they can prove that with a silver here they can really send a message to the rest of the world that they are contending for worlds bronze. I'm not sure if they'll be able to beat the French, but I think they can give them a real run for their money.

11. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

Personally I think the strap is the least of Kaitlyn's problem with that dress. In theory, I like the dress, the colour, etc and I get what look they're going for, but to me that dress only exposes some of Kaitlyn's weaknesses. She still has some posture issues through the shoulders and doesn't get down into her knees enough and that dress really exposes those things. I think she needs a dress with more fullness in the skirt and one that has a different cut around the neck.

I do love what Andrew is wearing though.

12. allezfred

allezfred Old and Immature Admin Staff Member

I'd like it better if he wasn't wearing it. :saint:

13. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

:lol: Yeah, wouldn't we all. :lol:

14. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Good skating today - new season best. This two is on track this season. Good luck in FD!

15. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

Woo-Hoo !

16. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer: WTG W&P.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Screw the strap, Kaitlyn's cheap hooker SD dress is what bothers me much more. :scream:

I was impressed with the skating but not with the judging. Clearly lower PCS than Bobrova/Soloviev who were as Latin as pelmeni? Please. :rolleyes:

18. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

I think the PC's for B/S were way out of line....but it is what I expected ;). I just hope W/P can really skate lights out for their FD.

I happen to really like Weaver's SD costume.

19. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

Ziggy.. I'm willing to believe you know more about cheap hookers and what they wear than I do ...;) My only experience comes from driving quickly past the local "Stroll" when it absolutely can't be avoided. All the same, I assume the ladies loitering on the sidewalk are of the less-expensive variety. I've seen some , um , creative costuming on view ,there..but I've seen nothing remotely resembling that dress.. and judging by the amount of flesh on display, I'm sure Kaitlyn's dress would be far too straight-laced for them.:lol:

You can't have been top of the class at the School of Cheap Shots :)

You obviously know your stuff about PCS in this case, though..:lol:

20. stevlin

stevlin Member

Andrew Poje once did an exhibition number with Kaitlyn where he was shirtless. It was available on their old website but now I can't find it. Anyone know how to find it?

21. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Well, it's hard to imagine a skating dress that looks more cheap and tacky than one that has both tiger print and tassels. All over. And when you add very strong make up to the mix... :yikes:

It really is possible to design a costume that stands out but is stylish at the same time.

No complaints about the skating, though. ;)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  22. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Weaver and Poje are growing on me. But let's be honest, when they're skating/ dancing our eyes are mostly glued to him!

Somehow, Poje makes Weaver look good -- altho' they may in fact be equal in ability, he just seems to have that extra special something, while she seems a bit more average. Certainly her costuming here doesn't help alleviate that notion.

23. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

You just fancy him. ;)

I feel exactly the opposite when I watch them.

She's much more expressive and has a real star quality. I only really notice her when they're skating.

24. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

I hugged Andrew Poje :D (and Caitlin too). He is very tall (6'3"). Even in street clothes they are a striking couple. I love the way they look on the ice. I'm not drawn to one or the other when they are skating but to them as a couple (whether they are or not in real life). I'm thrilled with the improvement this year though, and love both programs.

25. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Good for you :). I too am quite enchanted by them as a couple on ice. And I also like both programs.

26. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Wow they were amazing in the FD! I love their FD so much!

27. sliver98

sliver98 Banned Member

they were brilliant today i think they will break 100 this year with that FD i can feel it.

28. euterpe

euterpe Well-Known Member

Maybe----at Canadian Nationals. But V/M will break 110. ;)

29. Proustable

Proustable New Member

It's plausible, actually. They can do level four on the footwork (an all level four dance would give them two more points on TES) and a couple more points on PCS would be enough. Those couple points on PCS will be very difficult to get, of course, but they're getting the momentum (and gaining higher PCS with every performance to date).

30. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I dont this W-P could do level 4 footwork in danc eholds. This season noone had level 4 for SS even in SD (circular SS).
    But i think W-P will have 100 at Nationals. And if we look at D-W FD results, V-M maybe will have 115 :D