Weaver and Poje their time is now

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by sliver98, Oct 22, 2011.

1. ryanj07

ryanj07 Active Member

I'm so happy to see these two back in competition! I can't wait to see the changes they've made to the their free dance.

2. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

Bravi W/P! Wonderful to see them back, and see them skating with so much joy ( and so well technically). That quote at the end of V/M article had me all emotional:

“It was probably 90% I wouldn’t be able to be here, but I clung onto that 10% like nobody’s business. I didn’t want to think of the alternative,” said Weaver.
    “First we dreamt that we’d make it here, and we did. And then we dreamt that we’d have the skate of our lives, and we did. All our silver linings are coming together. That’s the moment you live for, right there. It was everything.”

( article here http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013...r-face-uphill-climb-at-figure-skating-worlds/)

Wishing Kaitlyn and Andrew a great Free Dance, and most importantly to stay injury- free.

geoskate and (deleted member) like this.
  3. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

They didn't rock the House tonight.

They brought it DOWN!! W/out a doubt, the skate of the night and I am so thrilled for them and proud of them. Regardless of what else happens this week, *no one* can ever take that moment away from them.

Here's to more of the same in the FD!!!

4. Spun Silver

Spun Silver Well-Known Member

What a wonderful quote. They were definitely the emotional high point of Worlds so far (scariest too) and I loved hearing the crowd welcome them back. I was very anxious watching them, but they came through blazing. Hope they have a brilliant, safe Free!

5. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

I've watched that 4 or 5 times now and wept every time ! :D .. What a fabulous comeback ! I just love them and hope the FD is just as rewarding for them , emotionally ...and more rewarding in the marks !;)

6. AragornElessar

Well...I was bawling too. Along w/screaming for joy and jumping up and down in front of my TV. :D

Of all the things I expected from them tonight, that was not what I expected and I'm so glad it wasn't too. I really thought we'd see a cautious and careful performance from them considering and also a wee bit of rust. Instead, they went out and ROCKED the House!!! PJ picked it as the performance of the day on the coverage on Bold and ITA w/her. It really was the performance of the night and then some!!

Just...WOW!!

Can't wait to see the FD, as I thought all the way back in the Fall it could be something very special come this time. I loved it then and can't wait to see it in a couple of days time. All the luck in the World to them in the FD!!

7. tut88

tut88 Member

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

8. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

what a triumph for W&P! Congratulations! I'm so happy for them :cheer2: :cheer2: :respec: Now go out and rock that FD!

9. victoriajh

victoriajh Well-Known Member

THIS!!!!!!!!

10. tut88

tut88 Member

11. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Their FD was beautiful. That curve lift was one of the highlights of the dance year. She looked like a pre-Raphaelite beauty. Just gorgeous work.

12. Marta24

Marta24 Active Member

They were amazing and I loved the new version of their FD. Considering that they only trained for 4 weeks,they had really good scores. This means that the judges didn't forget about them.

13. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

I think they have a real shot at the Olympic bronze next year. Also shows how silly a few Piper & Poirier pre Worlds to suggest W&P shouldnt have gotten the bye. It P&P who would be out of any chance at all of making it to the Olympics next year had W&P not competed, W&P saved their asses as P&P did not get that 3rd spot with their finish.

14. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

I thought that Weaver and Poje were shafted and should have been #4 over Anna and Luca

15. Marta24

Marta24 Active Member

I am amazed that W/P were even so close to C/L and B/S. Kaitlyn and Andrew lost a lot of training compared to them. I wonder what kind of scores they would have got without that injury.

16. judgejudy27

I actually thought Anna & Luca deserved the bronze over Bobrova & Soloviev. I think W&Ps placing was correct. They were robbed of the bronze in 2011, and maybe even 2012, but werent at their best this year, understandably, but an amazing effort given that it was unlikely for them to even compete here.

17. blancanieves

blancanieves Active Member

Hmm, should W/P they hold on to this FD for the Olympic season?

18. AragornElessar

Not at their best? I find that funny considering I think this week is the first time I've ever seen them skate w/the same amount of speed as D/W and V/M. Also, Kaitlyn looked so incredably fit and due to that and all the work she put in the Physio to be as ready as they could be and did that ever show out there both today and Thursday. The only thing that could not be fixed w/that small a time frame were to change the levels on the step seq's and only time and run throughs could have fixed that, which they did not have.

To me, Kaitlyn and Andrew are the highlights of Worlds for me so far and AFAIC, the marks and placements? I could care less and I have a feeling they feel the same. They pulled one hell of a rabbit out of a hat and then some. Out of all the skaters today, they won far more than a medal or high placement.

Could not be more proud to be their fan or to have them represent Northern Ontario on the National and World Stage. Even if they aren't technically from here, they skate for NOS, so... :D

Congratulations to one amazing team and two incredably classy people. I can NOT wait to see how they build on this next Season!!! :D :D :D

19. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Hear hear. When you consider how short a time they had to try to get ready to be back on the ice in competition form, I am just blown away. They have done only Canada proud, but themselves as well.

20. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Very very happy for Kaitlyn and Andrew. And I'm in awe, respect, and admire their drive and perseverance! Great job guys!

21. tapper88

tapper88 New Member

Weaver and Poje should qualify for the olympics, right? :) If Canada has three teams going, I can only imagine they would be in the top three?

22. judgejudy27

They were a shoo in even if Canada had only 2 spots. There is no Canadian team behind them even remotedly close to them. This week only made them even more blatantly obvious than it already was. It will be a dogfight for the 3rd spot, but W&P could fall several times at Nationals (which wont happen anyway of course) and still easily be 2nd.

23. sequins

sequins Active Member

Yes I think you can take that to the bank. Hope P/I will be the 3rd team or R/H. Can't say how proud I am of W/P. They were golden all the way around just for even trying to come back. I loved both programs and I thank them for working so hard to get here. What a pleasure to watch. Big highlight of the week. We Canadians are truly blessed with magnificent skaters and more important magnificent people.

24. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

They were amazing today!!!! I think they interpreted that choreography better than anyone could have.

25. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

These two were the highlight of the competition for me, for sure. You know, they always have their greatest growth spurts out of adversity ( not that I think breaking her ankle was a good thing !) so I fully expect more great strides next year. It will have to be inspiring for training mates P/I too ( along with the fact that G/P were marked realistically here. )

26. judgejudy27

I would love to see P&I win that 3rd spot on the Canadian Olympic team and join W&P at the Games. I think they have a real shot at it now if they can just keep their minds strong and not make the silly mistakes they often seem to have at Nationals. I am going to confidently predict now you will see a big drop off in the scores of G&P at next years Nationals, and it will provide P&I and O&W with a real chance if either team can skate well enough to capatilize.

27. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

What a beautiful team! So impressed with them!

28. Marta24

Marta24 Active Member

I am also so impressed! I never thought they would come back so strong. Now, what do you think they should skate to next season? I hope they can find a FD that is as epic as Je suis malade.

29. tut88

tut88 Member

THey are amazing !
    Just 2 weeks of full practice !
    3 month from her accident on the ice !
    She said that, we 'll be back better then before ! Said and done !! a beautiful fd, Seasonal best !! With all that happened !!!
    Chapeau !!!!

30. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

Wow wow W/P! You could feel the tension in the audience in the Short, worry over her ankle. The relief at the end, giant exhale! Tears for me at the end of the Long! Can't wait to see what they do next year!