Weaver and Poje their time is now

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by sliver98, Oct 22, 2011.

1. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

:cheer: W&P are one of the ice dancers I enjoy watching. Looking forward to their programs.

2. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

I'm so happy they're doing well now since her injury. That was a terrific article, and I'm really looking forward to seeing them live at Worlds. They deserve cudos for their beautiful programs and their perserverance in spite of injury. Wishing them the best of luck. I hope they Kick A$$ at Worlds.:)

3. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

WOW! and now they are working with Shae-Lynn! Totally awesome.

4. tut88

tut88 New Member

5. Excidra

Excidra New Member

I know they'll give it all they got if they make it To London. I hope they medal. Love them.

6. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Lynn Rutherford ‏twitter.
    Cant wait to see all changes. And i am sure they must go to WTT and V-M need rest and more time to be ready for next gold

7. tut88

tut88 New Member

thank you !

8. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Thank you! A great article.

Wow! It must be almost like an absolutely new dance. Even before I knew it was 90% I didn't think that they were going to be able to show all the changes that they worked on, since the break because of Kaitlyn's injury was so long. It's great to know that I was wrong. I just hope that they are not overdoing it. As for the costumes, I really liked Kaitlyn's FD costume, but I am still excited to see the new one. I didn't care about the SD costume that much, so a change could be nice. Thank you very much, pani!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  9. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Great article. Great news. It sounds as if they have come over the hump and are cookin' again. Good luck to them at Worlds!!!!

10. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I'm so happy about this! Love them and can't wait to see them at Worlds!

11. centerpt1

centerpt1 Active Member

Love this team and I wish them the best! I'm looking forward to seeing the revised dance.

12. tut88

tut88 New Member

13. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

I SO admire their spirit !

Go, guys , we're pulling for you.

14. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

THIS.

also, thanks so much for the updates NarumiAyane, pani, tut88 and everyone else who provided them!

so excited they are working some more with my beloved Shae! She did a significant amount of Je Suis Malade, and I am confident she can make the needed changes and give them an even better product than what they had previously:)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  15. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

I had to post again quickly..I was at 666 posts..:eek::D

but speaking of Shae .. there's another one with an indomitable spirit.

16. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see their "fixed" FD now that Shae has added some of her magic :). It's almost here :)

17. tut88

tut88 New Member

Pleasure to share !!!
    I loved the phantom she did for them !!
    I love her attitude and being always happy and smiling !!

18. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

I'm so glad they were able to make the changes they wanted to make. I'm wishing them every bit of good luck possible at World's. They've had such miserable luck this year, they deserve some good.

Selfishlessly, I am glad they have new FD costumes. The concept of Kaitlyn's costume fit with their story, but it just did her no favors at all on the ice, particularly those tights painted to look like marble. She's such a pretty girl, I hate to see her in a less than flattering costume.

19. Spun Silver

Spun Silver Well-Known Member

I still can't understand how a skater can go from surgery, months off the ice, and crutches to Worlds in three weeks. Please God she doesn't reinjure herself. I love this team and hope they skate well and safely.

20. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I cant understand this too. I could only think - injury wasnt so serios. like they said. After all she start skating just after Nationals (like we saw in clip).
    I could understand more when will see them on ice.

21. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

An unserious broken leg :confused: I don't think there is such a thing.

22. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

There is a difference between broken fibula and, for instance, broken shinbone/tibia. The second would be more "serious", and would take much more time to heal. But I hope that pani didn't want to say that they lied about her fibula being broken. That would be an absurd thought, as they would gain nothing at all from such a lie.

23. Sylvia

Sylvia Bring on the JGP & Sr B comps!

As far as I know, Kaitlyn Weaver's exact injury was never confirmed publicly by her or Skate Canada (in an article or press release). The "broken fibula" was posted on FSU as hearsay information.

24. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Read today Anjelika Krylova interwie on russion.
    http://fsrussia.ru/news/496_anzhelika-krylova-rossijskie-pary-ochen-silny-no-pobedit-silnejshij/

I am not sure, but this is google translation what she said about Keythlynn injury

And she said W-P return on ice only 2 weeks ago.
    So its hard for me to imaging, how with seriouse injury they could not only back on ice (i could understand this) but re-work 90% of FD. Thats what i want to say. Nothing more :)

25. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

They were always hopeful and optimistic that they could get ready for worlds if she healed well so whatever the precise nature of the fracture/break it must have been such that there was some cause for hope. Some people heal well and some don't. Kaitlyn and her team probably did everything they could to give her the best environment to heal. Having V&M and even a slightly weakened W&P going in as the top two teams for Canada is better than V&M and G&P. Hopefully she isn't pushing herself too much, she seemed to accept in some interviews that she would do the right thing as Sochi is the priority so fingers crossed.

Their return to competition will be one of the highlights in London for me so crossing one set of fingers for V&M and the other for W&P. If all goes well I'd love to see W&P get the spot on the WTT just to give them more time to practice their programs and perform them one more time as I can't imagine they┬┤ll keep them for the Olympic season.

26. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

All the rework on the FD was prior to the injury wasn't it? I recall an interview in December where they discussed the changes to their program and how excited they were to show it. Then she got injured and it never happened.

27. pani

pani Well-Known Member

But on 90%? And they not only need to re-work t, but did FD polish. And for me looked werid - from clips she retun on ice after Nationals+they not just retun on ice, but started working with Shae-Lynn.
    Will see, how they will look at WCh.
    I cant understand, did they re-place iron plate with six screws from her leg or no.

28. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

They had a lot of time to rework that program. Their last grand prix event was Cup of China that ended November 4th. They knew then they didn't make the Grand Prix Final. In an interview with PJKwong posted on November 29th they said they basically went to the drawing board and redid their program. I think the reworked program was well finished before the injury.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8etK07dLCYc&list=UUfzmDO8fK0rKFYIzfxm2KFA&index=21

Google translation of Angelika interview:
    About P&B
    About W&P
    Seems like Angelika is crossing her fingers for her two teams as well.

29. pani

pani Well-Known Member

From her interview iW-P situation didnt look good, when from other W-P interviews all look OK.
    But Anjelika worked with Linichcuk a lot time and she often play with injuries and then her skaters won big competitions (like Grishuck-Platov in 1995 or Lobacheva-Averbuch in 2002).
    I dont want to say nothing, but i am not sure about nothing now.

30. tut88

tut88 New Member

From when was the interview of Angelika ?
    If I remember wel Kaitlyn went back on the ice the 2 February...