Weaver and Poje their time is now

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by sliver98, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

2. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Great news!! So happy things look good and they can enjoy competing at Worlds in Canada.

3. Marta24

Marta24 Member

Yippie!!! My two favorite ice dance couples are going to Worlds!:cheer:

4. Fort

Fort New Member

Yay! I'm so happy they're going to be there, and getting the chance to compete at home... and I'm looking forward to seeing their dance again, and wondering if they kept the changes they were making to it after the GPs...

5. tut88

tut88 Member

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo HAPPY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    She worked so hard for it !!!!
    I can't wait to see the new FD !!!!!!
    :biggrinbo:biggrinbo:biggrinbo:biggrinbo:biggrinbo

6. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

7. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

So they've been named to the team, but their progress will be monitored for readiness. Here's hoping they can prepare in time!

8. victoriajh

victoriajh Well-Known Member

It's a long road from being named to the team to stepping out on the ice in London..... But I have everything crossed fro them!!

9. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Now i notice this too :( Fingers crossed for this two :swoon:

10. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Wow, now THAT is a quick recovery! Hope that they can put out good performances and that her ankle continues to heal well.

11. beebee

beebee Active Member

Amazing people are capable of achieving amazing results!

12. quartz

quartz Far beyond these castle walls

They are my favorite dance couple. Kaitlyn has come a long long ways in the last couple of years and the 2 of them have developed what I think is some of the best on-ice chemistry in the world today. After their 4th place finish last year, I really thought maybe they would be able to grab the bronze medal for this year. So, I was a little concerned when their programs early this season didn't really thrill me; they just didn't seem to have the ohmygoshiadoreit factor.
    Then the injury, and well, it seemed like that was it for this season. Now we have the news that they on on the Worlds team, and as much as I am looking forward to seeing them, I am trying to be realistic about their placement, and hope they can just be in the top 5 or 6.

13. sequins

sequins Active Member

Good news! I'm really hoping they go. I too am realistic with my expectations but they are Canada's best hope I think with V&M to maintain 3 spots for the Olympics and I definitely want Canada to have 3 spots. Don't want a replay of 2010 when W&P were left at home. Worlds is gonna be interesting I'm already nervous. Also wishing the best for P&B as well. I really hope they don't get shoved down becase of their injury, unless of course it's warrented but I just feel like if they, and to a lesser extent, W&P get knocked down they won't let them up again for 2014. Politics I know, I wish it didn't exist and for a time I didn't think it was as big a factor but suddenly I feel it creeping back in.

14. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

Keep in mind they've been named to the team but are still being monitored for readiness. In other words, a spot is reserved for them, but if they're not ready in time, alternates will go instead. That makes sense, because the timeline of their rehab and preparation can't be guaranteed, and they shouldn't be rushed. Best of luck to them!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  15. quartz

Yes, I understand they are being monitored for their readiness, and as much as I would love to see them in person at this years worlds, if they are really not ready and could possibly put too much stress on Kaitlyn and jeopardize their career, I would rather have them not go. Who is the first alternate? I am drawing a blank!

16. Fort

Fort New Member

Nicole Orford and Thomas Williams, the bronze medalists at Canadians.

17. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

ROTFL no matter how much Skate Canada loves Paul Poirier, Gilles & Poirier are no threat to Weaver & Poje for even next year, especialy if G&P are so weak they would cost Canada a 3rd spot if W&P didnt skate.

18. quartz

Orford and Williams.......she of the vividly green dress?

19. mag

mag Well-Known Member

Yes.
    I understand they are training hard and will be more than ready should W&P not be able to compete. I love both these teams. Too bad it can't be V&M, W&P, and O&W at Worlds!

20. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

I'm with you, mag.

21. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I personally like Gilles/Poirier, although I understand that Piper is not on par with Paul yet, and that they are overrated and overmarked + I too find their FD marks at 4CC exaggerated and overblown. I really hope that they won't get so much at Worlds if/when they skate there together with Kaitlyn/Andrew, and such teams as Pechalat/Bourzat, Bobrova/Soloviev, Ilinykh/Katsalapov and even Cappellini/Lanotte.

22. mag

mag Well-Known Member

Don't be sorry! I never assume my favourites are everyone's favourites. I also love P&I and was torn during Nationals. Too many great teams, too few spots!

23. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Well said -- especially the part I bolded.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  24. tut88

tut88 Member

Hope they will go to Worlds !!!

25. triple_toe

triple_toe Well-Known Member

I've heard their training is going well and they seem right on track to go to worlds. They should be ready, barring any unexpected setbacks.

26. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Thank you for the information - that's great news :).

27. sequins

sequins Active Member

Sorry maybe I didn't phrase it right. I didn't mean that I thought W&P would lose to G&P I just meant that I don't want to see anyone left at home when I think we deserve 3 spots and I'd love to see P/I regroup and get that spot after all their heartbreak it would be a great moment.

28. tut88

tut88 Member

thank you !!

29. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed ;)

30. NarumiAyane

NarumiAyane New Member

geoskate and (deleted member) like this.