Weaver and Poje their time is now

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by sliver98, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

Perhaps because they're ranked fourth in the World? :rolleyes:

2. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Ohhhh, I like your theory better :D

3. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Andrew doesn't need a fancy smancy outfit to look great. He's a lot like Scott Moir in that respect.

4. tut88

tut88 Member

totally nonsense to me !
    WP arrived 4 at WOrlds.... Poirier not even went there !!!
    Please !

5. tut88

tut88 Member

Totally agree !!!!!!!!

6. Marta24

Marta24 Active Member

7. rvi5

rvi5 Active Member

Probably a good idea. We don't know what Andrew said, and whether it was even related to the scores. He could have suggested they have dinner at one of the arena concession stands. I would be rolling my eyes too :laugh:

8. geoskate

geoskate Well-Known Member

It caught them twice. The first time was earlier in the evening, and they looked happy. The second time was right after Paul/Islam had skated. Since they are training mates of Paul/Islam, I think their expressions just mirrored their disappointment at what had just happened in the free skate.

I find it hard to imagine that anyone would seriously suggest that Weaver/Poje should NOT get a medical bye to worlds if they are healthy.

9. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

If W&P are physically ready for Worlds they will be named to the World Team without question IMO. As for the always overhyped and overrated Paul Poirier (with whichever partner) he had better hope W&P are named to Worlds too as it is his own spot to the Olympics that is in jeapordy if they dont, as I expect P&G to be right around that 11th or 12th bubble for Canada to get 3 spots. Ridiculous scores at Canadians will not carry into international events, just like they didnt this fall.

10. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

I hope, I hope, I really hope that they can be ready for Worlds. I want to see them :kickass: there. I don't want G/P taking their place as second Can. team. I like all the Canadian teams execpt for them. I don't like their style or their sloppiness. (just my feelings).

11. rvi5

rvi5 Active Member

https://twitter.com/weaverpoje/status/294147783361970176

Judging by this photo, it appears Kaitlyn's cast is off. An article I read recently mentions doctors are surprised at her progress. When Kaitlyn was injured in the past, she was quoted as saying she tends to heal quickly.

12. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Great news...thanx for posting. I'll bet she's happy to have that thing off........now comes the hard part.........getting it going again. It looks promising though.

13. halffull

halffull Life is moving too quickly ...

That's great news. I hope she doesn't rush it but I can't wait for them to be back in action!

14. The Observer

The Observer New Member

Perhaps Kaitlyn needs to shelve the attitude, and the same goes for some of their supporters. I'm getting a little tired of the Gilles & Poirier bashing from the W&P contingent.

Vanessa & Paul regularly beat Kaitlyn & Andrew when they were competing together because C&P often skated better than W&P. C&P beat W&P for the 2010 Olympics and for the 2011 National title. C&P also won Skate Canada one season and won a medal at the Grand Prix Final, so it wasn't just Skate Canada that was giving them high marks.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  15. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Perhaps that's not why Weaver rolled her eyes.

Gilles/Poirier are not in the same league as Crone/Poirier, at least at this time.

16. The Observer

The Observer New Member

True. I agree with that.

As I said on the other thread, that's because Piper is new to this level of skating. She doesn't have the Olympic & World experience that Paul has because she hasn't been to those events like Vanessa had. It will probably take Piper at least a couple of seasons to come up to Paul's level, but the point is that she is improving all the time.

17. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

The Observer...........If you like Poirier/Giles so much, why don't you start a thread for them? That's what we normally do so we have (usually) a safe place to go to gush about our favorites :)

18. NarumiAyane

NarumiAyane New Member

19. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot. This is great news :) - hope that Kaitlyn will be able to start skating quite soon.

20. rvi5

rvi5 Active Member

At first I thought she was wearing a brace on her right foot. On further consideration, I realized it was on the wrong foot. Unless the image had been reversed.

ETA: Checked the printing on the background equipment, it is not reversed.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  21. sequins

sequins Active Member

Such great news. I really hope they can make it to Worlds. As kwanfan says we don't know why Kaitlyn was 'rolling her eyes' Andrew could've said 'We're eating nachos and cheese for supper' and she was like 'yeah right:rolleyes:' so let's not judge cause truly we have no idea and never will.

Alixana and (deleted member) like this.
  22. tut88

tut88 Member

Any news about Worlds ???

23. pingu

pingu Well-Known Member

Her tinniest leg is the left so I guess it's the left tibia that was fractured

24. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

Oh yes, I see what you mean. Muscle is lost so quickly. What type of rehab would be usual, pingu?

ETA: I think it was the fibula.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  25. pingu

pingu Well-Known Member

Mobilization, strengthening and proprioception. She has probably kept training her thigh muscles, now she will start to carefully move again her ankle, to gradually strengthen its muscles and to learn "feeling" again the ankle during every movement, in order to prevent injuries during its temporary weakness.

26. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Do you think she will wear some sort of tensor or stabilizer when she starts training again? I wonder if she is back on the ice yet.

27. tut88

tut88 Member

I think she will tweet something when she'll back on the ice.
    From yesterday pic it seems they are training on floor or doing pilates... in Toronto ...don't know.

28. pingu

pingu Well-Known Member

Maybe she could wear some tape on the ankle when she's wearing skates at the beginning, but to decide whether she should war a brace or not you should know what kind of fracture she had, how the ankle is doing and so on.

29. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

Yes, that would be Toronto. They were pictured with Je-an Salas, who has a pilates studio there. Je-an used to dance with the National Ballet, and she now teaches pilates to the National Ballet dancers.

30. rvi5

rvi5 Active Member

Found this on Youtube. PJ uploaded it during Canadian Nationals, before Kaitlyn had her cast removed. The video provides a little more detail about how the accident occurred.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbl_Vjnp8Lo