Weaver and Poje their time is now

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by sliver98, Oct 22, 2011.

1. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Which lift received the deduction?
  2. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

The one that went over the time limit. :saint:

You just made a great point.

Before the next ISU congress, I'll suggest to the Ice Dance Technical Committee members to indicate that in the protocols.

I guess the skaters can check that themselves on a recording but we can be talking tenths of a second here and simply marking it on a protocol somehow wouldn't be difficult to implement.
  3. tapper88

tapper88 New Member

the link to the photos doesn't work :(
  4. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:p
  5. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

I always wonder about couples.
    Going by their body language in the KNC I would say no they aren't together off ice.They seem formal Andrew didn't kiss her cheek just sort of shook her hand .JMO.
  6. allezfred

allezfred Prick Admin Staff Member

Plus the Shibutanis being overscored in PCS as usual.
  7. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

You took the words right out of my mouth! In the past, I haven't really been sold by this team. I never could understand why so many were hypercritical of Crone/Poirier, who I found to be so much more interesting and unique/original, but so in awe of these two, but their FD skate at NHK is the first time that I see what those people saw. They really have come a LONG way and they have impressed me with this FD skate. I hope they can carry on the momentum from this performance and incorporate the same vibe into their future performances. Their packaging and the mood they convey throughout is very well done. They made me feel their love for skating and for each other, and for that I give thanks and cheers! Go Kaitlyn and Andrew! :cheer2::swoon:

With all that said though, I really am not feeling their SD this year. I'm not a fan of their music choice nor of her outfit for this program. Last year I thought their SD was beautiful though and I didn't care for the Moulin Rouge FD, so it's a reversal of my feelings toward them this season. Still, here's wishing them well for the rest of the season! :)
  8. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

Weaver & Poje were definitely robbed of the NHK gold. Probably the World bronze last year also. The Shibutanis are so overscored it is laughable. Technically they are reasonable, not great, and artistically they are dreadful. Where the judges pull their PCS out from I have no idea.
  9. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

I think PCS too often is a reflection of TES in this sport. I think in the past Weaver + Poje have so often made very costly technical mistakes that have hampered their momentum and the judges have felt they are too inconsistent and unreliable. I think once Kaitlyn and Andrew continue to put out performances like their FD at NHK and build on that performance level and steadily and repeatedly put out those types of performances without the silly technical mistakes that are so prone to happen with these two, then their PCS will be where they want them to be.
  10. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

I hope so. Hopefully the Shibutanis PCS also go where they should be at some point (down the drain until they improve significantly).
  11. mirage

mirage Member

Totally agree! Yes W/P made a mistake but still should have been waaaaay ahead of S/S.
  12. DimaToe

DimaToe Well-Known Member

I love W/P and I would have liked to see them win NHK gold, but maybe the judges were sending a message to Kaitlyn we'd all like heard...Fix that Strap!!!:slinkaway
  13. sliver98

sliver98 Banned Member

They were clearly pissed in the K&C too Carmelengo was nodding his head thankfully the US will not have a judge on the panel at worlds this year and Canada will have two other commonwealth countries helping them Australia and Great Britain:D
  14. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

They probably felt they had the count right on that lift.:(
  15. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

That's a given. Shibs actually presented their program really well and showed a lot of expression (in the form of cutsie-pootsie smiles :p) but it wasn't anywhere as complex as W/P's and although their skating was light, they didn't show the same depth of edges.

What really bothered me this time was their GOE. In the FD anyway, where other than the twizzles, their elements weren't performed particularly well but still they got the protocol +2s (or +1s) all round.

W/P, on the other hand, really nailed it on the elements.
  16. OrioleBeagle

OrioleBeagle Active Member

jtpc and (deleted member) like this.
  17. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

I hope they can skate this beautiful program clean this weekend and can beat out the Russians....I think they are the better team, but then again....numerous factors come into play in this competition unfortunately. Good luck to them....they deserve it.:)
  18. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

19. JoSmiley

JoSmiley New Member

Agreed. Fix. That. Strap. ;)
  20. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

:lol: The Strap ??!!?? :lol:

This is sooooo silly . My goodness, we've seen costumes that look practically naked , costumes that have so much stuff poking out , hanging down , flapping around, that you can hardly tell if there's a skater inside them.

We've had costumes featuring ping pong balls, hula hoops, cone bras , breast-clinging spiders , panels that rip away to expose bleeding sequin hearts, giant crucifixes..not to mention all the half-this-half that travesties ( fondly known in my household as " half-a***d costumes )..

Hey, we've even had genuine costume malfunctions.

Now here comes a beautiful girl in a simple little dress designed to look like a slip. Gorgeous colour, beautifully cut , modest by skating standards , but gives the illusion ..of what ? Not that she's bare breasted , not that she wears no panties..as has been done by some in the past..but the illusion that one strap is off the shoulder ( which does add to the feeling of desperation and distraction she's trying to convey )...and people are calling for a costume deduction ?...:rofl:...what fans.

On another note , thanks for the practice vid...looking good.

ETA ; I was just thinking ... Kaitlyn and Andrew should wear these costumes for an exhibition number to Bonnie Raitt's " Let's Give Them Something to Talk About. " ;)
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  21. Debrah

Debrah Well-Known Member

Have to agree with Pratfall, have you seen the FD costume of Bobrova, talk about a distracting mess of irregular fabric bits and pieces hanging all over the dress + glitter+feathers and all people can talk about is Kaitlin's hanging strap?

I guess it is good to know that people are now really worried about W&P potentially moving up in the world, that they only have a strap to whine about, in terms of their skating this season, wink, wink...
  22. sequins

sequins New Member

It's offical W/P are a threat! Seriously people....a strap?:lol:
  23. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

:D..That seductive little strap is just too hot to handle ..

Go, W/P !
  24. NorthernDancers

NorthernDancers New Member

:rofl: That's spot on....
  25. jtpc

jtpc Active Member

Watching the CofR practice video, I like how they've kept the highlight of the straight line lift at the end so that it still captures the music and taken the flip over dismount out to save time. Can't wait to see how they do this weekend compared to Bobrova and Soloviev. I think Kaitlyn and Andrew have 2 fantastic programs! :)
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  26. sliver98

sliver98 Banned Member

go Weaver and Poje kick butt in Russia:kickass:
  27. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Why there's no simple thumb up smiley (that 'respect' smiley is a bit too much for me)? Oh, well - :cool:, Pratfall. That's something along the lines of what I've been thinking while reading those complaints about Kaitlyn's tiny strap :).
  28. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I'm not offended by the strap. I'm just projecting my own insanity, it would drive me crazy to have a strap hanging down! :lol:
    maggylyn and (deleted member) like this.
  29. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Once I realized it was meant to be hanging off, I thought it quite clever and effective.
  30. skatingfan04

skatingfan04 Active Member

I actually like the strap down.:shuffle: I think it adds to the effect of their story and the music. I must say, I love this costume on her. She has a tendency to go for something more dramatic, but this si simple and elegant and shows off her lines and beauty without distracting you from the real hilight of the prgram, their expression. Same goes for Andrew's simple outfit. Really great choices, IMO.

I'm really rooting for them this week. I think they are much better than B/S, and if they can prove that with a silver here they can really send a message to the rest of the world that they are contending for worlds bronze. I'm not sure if they'll be able to beat the French, but I think they can give them a real run for their money.
  31. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

Personally I think the strap is the least of Kaitlyn's problem with that dress. In theory, I like the dress, the colour, etc and I get what look they're going for, but to me that dress only exposes some of Kaitlyn's weaknesses. She still has some posture issues through the shoulders and doesn't get down into her knees enough and that dress really exposes those things. I think she needs a dress with more fullness in the skirt and one that has a different cut around the neck.

I do love what Andrew is wearing though.
  32. allezfred

allezfred Prick Admin Staff Member

I'd like it better if he wasn't wearing it. :saint:
  33. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

:lol: Yeah, wouldn't we all. :lol:
  34. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Good skating today - new season best. This two is on track this season. Good luck in FD!
  35. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

36. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer: WTG W&P.
  37. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Screw the strap, Kaitlyn's cheap hooker SD dress is what bothers me much more. :scream:

I was impressed with the skating but not with the judging. Clearly lower PCS than Bobrova/Soloviev who were as Latin as pelmeni? Please. :rolleyes:
  38. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

I think the PC's for B/S were way out of line....but it is what I expected ;). I just hope W/P can really skate lights out for their FD.

I happen to really like Weaver's SD costume.
  39. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

Ziggy.. I'm willing to believe you know more about cheap hookers and what they wear than I do ...;) My only experience comes from driving quickly past the local "Stroll" when it absolutely can't be avoided. All the same, I assume the ladies loitering on the sidewalk are of the less-expensive variety. I've seen some , um , creative costuming on view ,there..but I've seen nothing remotely resembling that dress.. and judging by the amount of flesh on display, I'm sure Kaitlyn's dress would be far too straight-laced for them.:lol:

You can't have been top of the class at the School of Cheap Shots :)

You obviously know your stuff about PCS in this case, though..:lol:
  40. stevlin

stevlin Member

Andrew Poje once did an exhibition number with Kaitlyn where he was shirtless. It was available on their old website but now I can't find it. Anyone know how to find it?