Weaver and Poje their time is now

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by sliver98, Oct 22, 2011.

1. skatingfan04

skatingfan04 Active Member

Hey all. I remember reading a fan Q & A that W/P did a few weeks back, and I believe the story for the FD is pretty much what we've deduced. As far as I remeber, he is the sculptor, and she is his statue, and he brings her to life. I was particularly impressed by the fact that they were really able to portray the theme throughout.

One thing I'm sure of is the music, which comes from the Legion of Extraordinary Dancers (often referred to as The LXD) soundtrack (it's a dance troupe that broadcasts their performaces in episode format online). I haven't been able to figure out which episode the music is from, but I'm pretty sure this is it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN9ivP6Xuhs

2. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

3. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

im really liking the choreo and music of their fd. i just hope kaitlyn would polish her lines further--more stretch, more extension, more toe point. the choreo would sing more if she does those

4. chantilly

chantilly Active Member

Maybe it has something to do with the coverage/quality of the video but I was a bit underwhelmed.
    I really hate the costume. I agree she is a statue coming to life, so I think the costume should be skin toned.
    It needs a lot of work but I see how it can build.
    I really wish Katelyn had more flexibility through her hips as some moves seem awkward and like a strain for her.
    The music is gorgeous though and it seemed to fly by.
    I am kind over their second lift. They have done it the same way pretty much for three seasons. it's time to retire it. Also in general thought the lifts were quick. is their a new Lift time requirement this year.
    However I am thrilled to see them skate with confidence and maturity. I will probably feel better about once it has miles and it is carried with better video quality etc.

5. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

indeed she is a statue coming to life in this theme, but i think the gray color would look more appealing than a nude color--makes her look more like a grecian statue (think of greek goddesses) than a mannequin ;)

and i couldnt agree more on kaitlyn's lack of flexibility/stretch

6. Debrah

Debrah Well-Known Member

IMO a skin toned costume would be all kinds of wrong, the grey colour on the other hand, suggests a carved stone statue, plus it looks good against the ice...

7. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I thought about this too. But she is a statue so she dont need more flexibility or more extension in this story line.
    I think thats why they choose this story :)

8. chantilly

chantilly Active Member

The reason I picked nude toned but more like a soft peach pink is what I meant was because it would match her skin tone and then it would be the same tone form head to toe. As most statues are the same grey or alabaster in the face/ head as well.
    Regardless I still hate the costume. Perhaps it will look better on a better quality screen. But it looked very washed out to me and unflattering.

9. tut88

tut88 New Member

OMG ! I love this FD !!!!
    Love the Sculptor and his creation concept !!! Love K's marble dress !
    Love the beginning, the lift ! Wau !!!
    Really after malade I thought nothing could be better, but this looks really beautiful !!
    I like that it's them on the ice !
    Now they have to work on levels and on SD, but I'm so impressed !!!
    GO WP !!!
    :)

10. MoreIce

MoreIce Member

WOW, their freedance is stunningly beautiful. So excited to watch them all season long!

11. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

From what I've gathered, Andrew is bringing Kaitlyn, a statue, to life and dancing with her then restoring her. But I don't think they've disclosed their story.

12. Macassar88

It's from the League of Extraordinary Dancers

13. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I like this program a lot - it needs mileage and complexity for them to get on the podium.

I have always loved Andrew but now I see Kaitlyn coming into her own. She is a far cry from the young girl who first teamed up with Andrew.

They will be good role models for Paul and Piper where one person is not as refined as the other.

14. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

:lol: Oh, emdee . I had to step away from my computer for a bit after reading your post.

It's as if being role models for G/P is the most important thing. At last , a useful purpose for W/P.

I'm sure you didn't mean it that way .. but it just struck me funny..:rofl:

Somehow ,I don't think G/P are wanting to adopt W/P as role models. They seem to be trying to progress by another route , entirely.

15. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Glad I killed you Pratfall!

Maybe G&P want another route but there is NO other.She has to improve to reach Paul's level no if, ands or buts. This is what Kaitlin had to do and she has done it. No amount of tricks can hide the fact.

Besides role models are very important as they create a skating tradition. Canada has had a mens tradition for many years and a pairs tradition. Now a dance tradition. The good women have skated in isolation. Never making the cut for one reason or another.

16. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

yes i know that but i've never heard of that group before. i meant that the music sounds like i've heard it from elsewhere that i'm familiar with.

17. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

ahaha! good one there, pani. but then again, she is being brought to life, so that's when she needs to do the flexibility and stretch. she is not a statue all throughout the program ;)

18. euterpe

euterpe Well-Known Member

W/P face D/W at Skate America. Let's see how that one pans out.

Anyway, D/W beat V/M at the WTT after Worlds 2012. I don't see D/W conceding anything to anyone.

19. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

I am impressed with their FD. Well done W&P. Your time is now indeed. Although they didn't podium in the last Worlds, I like their skating and am glad that it is looking like they will have a good chance to podium at the rate they are improving. Good luck W&P.
    BTW, why are many ice-dancers so good looking? :swoon:

20. walei

walei Well-Known Member

Holy smokes their FD is AMAAAAAAZING!! I was lukewarm towards Je Suis Malade because of my taste in music, but The LXD's classically modern composition is one of my favorite type of music to listen to.

The choreography is superb, reminded me of SYTYCD's Turn to Stone routine. W/P dancing is so fluid and their lines are exquisite! This is probably one of my favorite FD of all time even with the fancam! I really hope they can get onto the World's Podium with this!!

21. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

SD down and very nice. Good luck to them today in the FD. Here's hoping they can make it to the podium in 2nd place, and also to the GP final eventually :)

22. bluestocking

bluestocking New Member

They ended up 3rd, with an unaccountable 91 in the FD. Judge for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hogjp2qkCJY

23. circuscandy

circuscandy New Member

Everyone in the audience around me was pretty shocked by their score (as was I).

24. Macassar88

25. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

How well do W/P have to do at CoC to qualify the finals?

26. Macassar88

Depends - I'd think at a minimum second with a higher score than BS (Or higher score than Shibs/IK if one gets silver at NHK and other gets silver at CoR)

27. googooeyes

googooeyes Member

Truthfully I'm worried that W & P are not going to get their due at worlds this year. Can we really expect 3 North American dance teams to be on the world podium? Even if they deserve to be? There are 5 former Soviet country judges in judging pool for the dance event at worlds. W & P will have to be SO much better than B & S, they will have to get all their levels, and B & S will have to make a mistake for W & P to be placed ahead of them. Even then I'm not sure it will happen. Any competition result like Skate America just provides justification for not having the 3 NA teams on the world podium. Boy I have gotten cynical im my old age!
    But on the other hand maybe all the competitions will be called super fairly and the results will come out exactly as it was skated. :)

28. Rock2

Rock2 Well-Known Member

Possibly at World's in Canada but not in Sochi. Guaranteed that -- rightly or wrongly -- Bobrova and Soloviev will be neck and neck with D/W and V/M by the GP next year setting up a fight for the Gold in Sochi. They are likely to hit the podium in London this year, too. Depends on how well W/P skate and get the audience into it.

29. Macassar88

I doubt that Bobrova and Soloviev will be anywhere near Virtue and Moir by the time Sochi starts. I think that Zhulin is an amazing coach, but I don't think that's possible. I don't think they'll be able to challenge Davis and White either.

30. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

Don't think so either. And I wouldn't take Pechalat/Bourzat out of contention for the bronze medal at next Worlds just as yet, we haven't seen them compete in the GP series, have we? Some people think P/B got their retirement world medal last season and shouldn't expect to repeat but I'm not sure that's how it works. Well, only time will tell.