Weaver and Poje their time is now

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by sliver98, Oct 22, 2011.

1. zilam98

zilam98 Well-Known Member

it could be eidelweiss or that dance that maria and the captain did at the courtyard, or that first waltz in the grand ball scene. any of those options would be lovely, but of course the latter two are faster than eidelweiss. but then again, the movie sped up the tempo of the ball version of eidelweiss. would be very interesting combo!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  2. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

New link from a DSC show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCTjeHa0oVM&feature=g-all-lik

During the drive home it also occurred to me the waltz portion of the polka might be from the courtyard scene, which is sexy as hell. What a handsome Maria and Captain these two make. I wonder how many Maria/Cpt's we'll be seeing this year?

3. leapfrogonice

leapfrogonice Active Member

I could not help but find it ironic that a skater who dressed in a glittery animal print skirt, and chose a much-discussed "post conjugal" off the shoulder strap look, and could go from apparently such genuine over-wrought emotion to clenched-fists of ecstatic victory in a split second, is suddenly so confidently describing what is "tacky" "classy" and "not over the top." It's not that I question whether they very well may present a very classy version of their programs. It just seems once again manipulative.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  4. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

:lol::eek::confused::mad: ( see how quick I did that ? Every emotion genuine , believe me !)

Oh, please... I find the use of "manipulative" highly ironic in the face of that attempt.

5. alilou

alilou Crazy Stalker Lady

^^^^^ This :)

6. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

Oh lord. I am not an eye roller usually - but I can't help myself.

7. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

One more :rolleyes: from me (yes, that pertains to you, leapfrogonice).

8. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Ditto on that ^.

9. tut88

tut88 Member

:rolleyes:
    :scream:

10. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

I think it's called "acting" and apparently she did a good job if this is how YOU feel from her interpretation of the music. Pardon me while I
    :lol: and :rolleyes: and :rofl: and :blah: and finish with :p

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  11. beebee

beebee Active Member

Oy leapfrogonice, maybe a good laxative would help your disposition.

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Fort

Fort New Member

W/P's latest tweets are making me very curious about their programs and excited about their new season...

15 Jul Kaitlyn / Andrew ‏@WeaverPoje
    If we are to achieve results never before accomplished, we must expect to employ methods never before attempted. -- Francis Bacon

17 Jul Kaitlyn / Andrew ‏@WeaverPoje
    These are a few of our favourite things! #privateice #makingprogress #newFD pic.twitter.com/nPg3jHTU

6h Kaitlyn / Andrew ‏@WeaverPoje
    We are SO excited for today's adventure!!! #newexperience #newFD #newWP

http://twitter.com/WeaverPoje

13. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that Kaitlyn will be wearing a pig costume and andrew wearing a farmer costume so they can make bacon?

14. HSGP21

HSGP21 New Member

Another exciting hint- appears they are working with Allison Holker from SYTYCD

RT @Allisonholker Today is such an exciting day!!! WOW ... Can't wait to start the new adventure #ICEDANCING

15. WeaverPojeLove

WeaverPojeLove New Member

Hello everyone!

I am the owner of The Weaver Poje Love tumblr, twitter and youtube channel.

Here is a fan project that might interest you:

MESSAGE TO W/P FANS: Ask Kaitlyn & Andrew a question

Hey hey hey, WeaPo fans!

I’m excited to announce you that Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje agreed to participate in a fan Q & A where YOU are the interviewer.

You can ask them any question about their skating, their goals and their programs for the upcoming season(s).

This is how it works:

You send me the question(s) you have on mind via:

1. Tumblr (http://theweaverpojelove.tumblr.com/) PRIVATE MESSAGE or ASK BOX.

2. Twitter @WeaverPojeLove PRIVATE MESSAGE or tweet me the question.

3. Email: theweaverpojelove@gmail.com

All the questions will be sent to Kaitlyn and Andrew anonymously.

When W/P will answer, I’ll publish the Q & A on my blog – so stay tuned to see if they have answered your questions.

You have until friday to send me your question.

Are you excited? I hope so! Because I am!

Can’t wait to read your questions!!! Bring them on ;)

:)

16. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Ooh sounds fun. I'll definitely think of some questions.

17. liv

liv Well-Known Member

Are they using Sound of music music for their polka?

18. WeaverPojeLove

19. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for the info, Fort and HSGP21! What a wonderful partnership! I love the raw emotion of W&P's skating, and I think Allison (one of my fave SYTYCD dancers ever:)) will be able to capitalize on that.

WeaverPojeLove, I will try to think of something. Thank you for doing this! I love when fans have the opportunity to interact with skaters in this manner.

20. WeaverPojeLove

I'm so happy that you guys love the q/a idea!

^this!!!! I totally agree with you, Bournekraatzfan

21. WeaverPojeLove

Hello there! Just a quick reminder:

Would you love to ask Kaitlyn and Andrew a question? You still have until TOMORROW (Saturday) to do it!!!

This is how it works:

You send me the question(s) you have on mind via:

1. Tumblr (http://theweaverpojelove.tumblr.com/) PRIVATE MESSAGE or ASK BOX.

2. Twitter @WeaverPojeLove PRIVATE MESSAGE or tweet me the question.

3. Email: theweaverpojelove@gmail.com

All the questions will be sent to Kaitlyn and Andrew anonymously.

When W/P will answer, I’ll publish the Q & A on my blog – so stay tuned to see if they have answered your questions.

Can’t wait to read your questions!!!

22. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan Well-Known Member

Thanks again for this opportunity, WeaverPojeLove. I can't wait to read the Q&A! I just emailed my question--I hope it makes sense!

Also, great job on the tumblr page! I love all the gifs, pics, and tidbits about these two:)
    And welcome to FSU! I hope you enjoy these forums!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  23. WeaverPojeLove

Thank you very much Bourneraatzfan (I got your question) for your nice comments! I'm happy fans enjoy the blog.

If you guys have any requests (videos, fan videos, gifs, fan arts, pictures...), just ask, it'll be my pleasure to do my best to answer you :)

24. Marta24

Marta24 Active Member

25. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Last year, Ondrej Nepela competition videos were uploaded to youtube by the event organizer... hope for the same this year! :)

26. jobelle

jobelle Member

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120813&content_id=36610206&vkey=ice_news

New article with music/choreo news for their FD. It sounds fantastic and I cannot wait to see what they can bring to the ice this year!

27. Marta24

Marta24 Active Member

Wow! I think this is going to be a very unique concept for their FD. I am very happy that they aren't afraid to take risks and can't wait to see their new FD.

Oh, I can finally use my favorite emoticon for them!

:inavoid:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  28. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I can't believe they are really gonna use music from LXD's repertoire! I'm so excited to see it and I wonder if Kerry Muzzey will make the final cut, LXD have used some of those pieces on various occasions. So excited for them and I hope they have a great season.

Btw, weaverpojelove do you know when they will answer those fan questions?

29. geoskate

geoskate Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting the news.

I'm very happy to see this, for three reasons: 1) I think they'll enjoy it, 2) it will give them a chance to get feedback from the international judges before their Grand Prix events, and importantly 3) it may signal that Skate Canada is planning to use other Senior B events in addition to the traditional Nebelhorn as season openers. I certainly hope so!

30. reut

reut Active Member