Weaver and Poje their time is now

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by sliver98, Oct 22, 2011.

1. tut88

tut88 New Member

can't wait !!
  2. tut88

tut88 New Member

I can not find the entries of the nepela
    it's me silly
    or is too early to be published ??

thanks for the help !
  3. Marta24

Marta24 Member

4. Proustable

Proustable New Member

5. tut88

tut88 New Member

thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

:) Just the tiniest Bump..
    This was posted in the V/M thread . There is the briefest glimpse of Kaitlyn and Andrew's SD ..right after V/M's twizzles and a tiny shot of G/P ..it's at 0:45.. Kaitlyn in a gorgeous ,simple blue dress , Andrew very fetching in shirt , tie and vest..It's a small thing , but a good thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eClwepAWPM
  7. tut88

tut88 New Member

WAU !
    the dress looks so simple but so beautiful, she is gorgeous !!!
    Andrew is looking fine too ! ;)
    Can't wait for NEpela !!
  8. WeaverPojeLove

WeaverPojeLove New Member

Hello there! To all of you that asked a question to Kaitlyn & Andrew or that are interested in reading the fan Q & A (this is basically a copy/past from my blog):

Stay tuned because the answers to your questions will be published over the weekend. Kaitlyn and Andrew did an amazing job and I’m sure you’ll all enjoy reading the “interview” as much as I did.

PS: ONLY 10 DAYS ARE LEFT FOR THEIR SEASON’S KICK OFF!!!! #so excited #can’t wait
    PS 2: I adore their SD costumes! :p

(Visit theweaverpojelove.tumblr.com or follow us on twitter @WeaverPojeLove)
  9. WeaverPojeLove

WeaverPojeLove New Member

10. tut88

tut88 New Member

ahahahha
    I've noticed that too !!:D

11. skatingfan04

skatingfan04 Active Member

Here's W/P's new SD from Ondrej Nepela yesterday...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBxrCFjkuSk

Did anyone else catch the FD? It just finished up, and I got to see it on as live stream. Let's just say I'm in love with it already. :D I'll try and post a video if I find one.
  12. Sylvia

Sylvia Whee, summer club comps!

13. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Oh my...that was just beautiful. The concept, the choreo, and the skating. I liked the score they got for that too........awsome. So nice to see. This program should take them far this year :)
  14. whoa

whoa Member

I absolutely love the intro to their FD! Around minutes 1-2, I got a bit lost, but the second half is terrific as well. When they do that lower version of their "At Last" lift to the nearly silent music - fantastic.
    Can't wait to see this from multiple angles! Thanks so much for posting the links, skatingfan04 & Sylvia!
  15. kapriza

kapriza Member

wow... amazingly beautiful. I hope this FD will give them bronze in London.
  16. skatingfan04

Oh, that FD is just stunning. :D I had no idea what to expect when I heard the direction they were taking this year, but this is just so perfect. This early in the season, and you can already tell, this is the kind of program that captivates and casts a spell. It's something that W/P are oh so good at, and they've done it again. I really think this is going to take them so, so far this season. Wow.:swoon:
  17. Marta24

Marta24 Member

LOVE IT! I can't stop watching it. I think their score is good for so early in the season, they even had a few level 2's, so I am sure they can get over 100 points, when they hit all their levels.
  18. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

Beautiful FD. Can't wait to see this in more competition this year. They just keep on improving. I like their SD, too, it's just what the judges want to see despite the grumbling about it on here (not this thread). Personally as far as Canadian ice dance teams go, W/P and G/P are the ones that keep me interested. I just love their programs this year, both teams. Of course, I haven't seen all the teams yet! Didn't care for R/H's programs, though. Did like P/I, they look like they are back on track this year.
  19. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

I actually think they could surprise and take the silver in London. I have a feeling Davis & White will lose even more ground to Virtue & Moir this year and fall back closer to the other contenders.
  20. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Love! Love, love, and love!! It's like one of those so you think you can dance contemporary/lyrical programs translated on ice...so cool.
  21. shutterbug

shutterbug Well-Known Member

So, I am not an ice dance fan. Most FD's hold my attention for about 30 seconds. I watched this twice. Simply gorgeous. Is there a story behind the choreography?
  22. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

I'm sure I'm not alone on this. W/P's FD took my breathe away! They're so gonna have a great, great season!
  23. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

I absolutely love W&Ps FD. It's really stunning and they skated it very well considering how early in the season it is. I won't be surprised if it's the most interesting FD we see this year. It's already more interesting that what we've seen of C&L, P&B etc.

As for the SD, I think there are too many music cuts, but I can see the potential in the program - especially the way it builds towards the end. I think the Canadian crowd at worlds will eat it up. Right now at this competition, it looked like they were thinking their way through it so the expression could be better. I also hope they get new costumes. Think they need something more dynamic to match the music.
  24. kapriza

kapriza Member

I don't know if I'm right but I've got an impression that she was a statue coming to life
  25. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Similar to me. I imagined he was molding and manipulating her from clay. Her costume works for both our imaginations.

eta.. in some ways I don't want to know what they were thinking. I see it as art and it's what the viewer decides it is.
  26. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

People praise some half-done, first-outed ladies' programs as "masterpiece" already. And I'm thinking that masterpieces are more keen to programs like W/P's FD because they actually live with music and their movements are so heavenly. How can people move like that?! :swoon:
  27. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

their FD music sounds familiar to me. did it get featured in a movie as a soundtrack? somehow, bits of it reminds me of an instrumental piece by the irish sibling group the corrs.
  28. Debrah

Debrah Well-Known Member

W&P FD gave me goosebumps (in a good way), just lovely and so totally the opposite from what they have done in the past, so showing how versatile they really are. Hope they have a fantastic season... I may be in the minority but I also enjoyed their SD, perhaps because I am such a huge fan of the sound of music, no it may not be their best or most memorable SD ever, but it is still a really good vehicle for them, and I rather like her simple blue dress, beats the monstrosity that Chock is wearing, talk about bad taste, so there; different strokes for different folks...
  29. maggylyn

maggylyn New Member

I agree, I think the SD is a good vehicle for them. I also like Kaitlyn's SD dress; it's perfect for this program.
  30. rvi5

rvi5 New Member

It reminds me somewhat of the "Forbidden Friendship" song from the animated movie "How to train your dragon", only slower.

Piano version: www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgaMBcfsVeE

Movie version: www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD2OBcBCywM
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  31. skatingfan04

Hey all. I remember reading a fan Q & A that W/P did a few weeks back, and I believe the story for the FD is pretty much what we've deduced. As far as I remeber, he is the sculptor, and she is his statue, and he brings her to life. I was particularly impressed by the fact that they were really able to portray the theme throughout.

One thing I'm sure of is the music, which comes from the Legion of Extraordinary Dancers (often referred to as The LXD) soundtrack (it's a dance troupe that broadcasts their performaces in episode format online). I haven't been able to figure out which episode the music is from, but I'm pretty sure this is it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN9ivP6Xuhs
  32. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

33. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

im really liking the choreo and music of their fd. i just hope kaitlyn would polish her lines further--more stretch, more extension, more toe point. the choreo would sing more if she does those
  34. chantilly

chantilly Active Member

Maybe it has something to do with the coverage/quality of the video but I was a bit underwhelmed.
    I really hate the costume. I agree she is a statue coming to life, so I think the costume should be skin toned.
    It needs a lot of work but I see how it can build.
    I really wish Katelyn had more flexibility through her hips as some moves seem awkward and like a strain for her.
    The music is gorgeous though and it seemed to fly by.
    I am kind over their second lift. They have done it the same way pretty much for three seasons. it's time to retire it. Also in general thought the lifts were quick. is their a new Lift time requirement this year.
    However I am thrilled to see them skate with confidence and maturity. I will probably feel better about once it has miles and it is carried with better video quality etc.
  35. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

indeed she is a statue coming to life in this theme, but i think the gray color would look more appealing than a nude color--makes her look more like a grecian statue (think of greek goddesses) than a mannequin ;)

and i couldnt agree more on kaitlyn's lack of flexibility/stretch
  36. Debrah

Debrah Well-Known Member

IMO a skin toned costume would be all kinds of wrong, the grey colour on the other hand, suggests a carved stone statue, plus it looks good against the ice...
  37. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I thought about this too. But she is a statue so she dont need more flexibility or more extension in this story line.
    I think thats why they choose this story :)
  38. chantilly

chantilly Active Member

The reason I picked nude toned but more like a soft peach pink is what I meant was because it would match her skin tone and then it would be the same tone form head to toe. As most statues are the same grey or alabaster in the face/ head as well.
    Regardless I still hate the costume. Perhaps it will look better on a better quality screen. But it looked very washed out to me and unflattering.
  39. tut88

tut88 New Member

OMG ! I love this FD !!!!
    Love the Sculptor and his creation concept !!! Love K's marble dress !
    Love the beginning, the lift ! Wau !!!
    Really after malade I thought nothing could be better, but this looks really beautiful !!
    I like that it's them on the ice !
    Now they have to work on levels and on SD, but I'm so impressed !!!
    GO WP !!!
    :)
  40. MoreIce

MoreIce Member

WOW, their freedance is stunningly beautiful. So excited to watch them all season long!