Weaver and Poje their time is now

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by sliver98, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

Thanks for that info, Shayii. Shae would have been my guess, too. She still does a lot of their choreography; I know she did a lot of "Je Suis Malade".

I know what you mean, pani, but I do think Kaitlyn has improved her posture a lot over the last couple of years. She seems to have strengthened her core to provide her with more stability in her positions. In this case, I think the hunching was a stylistic choice...it fits with the mood of the music and program, imo. Joannie and Tessa have some of the best basics I have ever seen, so I think most skaters would lose that comparison;) but this is another area in which Kaitlyn is improving a lot.

I think Kaitlyn and Andrew are great performers, capable of reaching the top row. I am so happy they are part of this tour:)

2. pani

pani Well-Known Member

This my point - Kaitlyn really improved a lot and she still working on her skating. But canadian native skaters (ice dancers) usually have much batter skating skills (like her patner). So i cant see how W-P could be on top in future/ But never say never :)
    Its like Kerrs - i love them, but there basic technick wasnt good, thats why they never were on yop/ But they are the start in shows.
    And maybe Shae thinks this over=drama style is best for ice dance. She and Victor try to show something different, but judges perfer overdrama in that time.
    But this stile not boring for sure :)

3. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

I'm a huge fan of both teams but for different reasons. Ironnic though that Scott and Andrew come from the same roots (Tessa as well)...Paul McIntosh really taught them great basics and it's carried them through. Weaver and Poje have improved tremedously and continue to do so. I must say that I really loved their choices in music this year and hope they continue to pick fan pleasing pieces in the future. I believe they will be on top of the podium (or at least on it) in due time. Of course it doesn't at all hurt that they are a striking couple, both tall and long-legged and elegant.

4. Bournekraatzfan

I agree, pani, Kaitlyn will have to continue to work very hard on her basics in order to climb onto the world podium. What makes me hopeful is that these two have a great work ethic and, as clarie has pointed out, have improved a lot over the seasons, and they have a great team around them (Punsalan, Annenko, Bourne, Krylova, and Camerlengo...and I may have left someone out), capable of identifying their weaknesses and playing up their strengths. And, as clarie has also pointed out, their overall look doesn't hurt. I agree, never say never:)

Interesting point about drama and Shae's experience with the judges when she and Vic skated...I never thought about that.

I love what Kaitlyn and Andrew have done with this piece of music...their faces and bodies so effectively conveyed all the emotions that the music and program theme demanded of them. I can't wait to see this program live!

and I agree, clarie, Paul MacIntosh is awesome--he really provides his students with a solid foundation.

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  5. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

kaitlyn kind of reminds me of shae lynn herself--the problems with posture and carriage, frenetic movements. i hope the team around them makes her see those issues and really work on them.

6. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

7. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Loverly montage...thnx aftershocks

They say they are "platonic", but that may have changed. Who knows, the main thing is that they connect on the ice, enough that people want to "ship" them :lol: The same syndrome as V/M :)

8. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I have impression now all teams try to look like V-M :lol:
    W-P work so hard to build some special connection.
    I think they spend all time together in Nice, so i think they are a couple of ice. But the different story with V-M :p
    And now D-W work on this too. Meryl all they time during interviews try to look at Charlie, like Tessa did :lol:
    One interesting thing for me - V-M become OGM only because they know how to look at each other? :D

9. tut88

tut88 Member

I like them !
    Think they improved so much !!
    I really don't think they are training their "togetherness " skills too !
    Neither D/V !
    Wasn't this a thread about them ?

10. Bournekraatzfan

Welcome, tut88! I hope you enjoy participating in FSU!

More vids from CSOI (Halifax)--thanks to jl22aries, pani, and marikat for posting these in the V&M thread:

"Je Suis Malade":
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxtMgRbi4qo

"Up" ensemble number:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPnVBlBODqw

"Good Feeling" Women's number:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LboHZ_7qOE

"Rolling In the Deep" ensemble number:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z89P96nlft4&feature=relmfu

"Dog Days Are Over" ensemble number:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe_NJaSwPwk&feature=BFa&list=ULaTZsgQixDM0

11. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

They say they're platonic? At one competition, I forget which one, the camera showed a backstage shot of them and they looked ANYTHING but platonic, they were all over each other.

12. tapper88

tapper88 New Member

I would love to see that clip :p I'm beginning to ship them almost as much as I do with Virtue/Moir!

13. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

14. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

15. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

I have always enjoyed W/P and was sad that Crone/Poirier went to 2010 Olys instead of them. Wonder what impact Gillies and Poirier will have on future Canadian and world scenes

16. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

I, for one, don't want to talk about them here..they can't hold a candle to W/P , and shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath.;)

17. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

I have to agree with you there

18. tut88

tut88 Member

Bournekraatzfan THANK YOU !!!
    Both for video and for the welcome !!
    I've been reading since ages but decided it's much more funnier writing, joining the club !
    :)

Wau hot pic, I agree !!

I think they NEVER said that platonic thing, it was an OLD interview and the platonic was not a quote but part of the article.
    They really look to me anything but platonic.

I agree about the Olypics too Pratfall!!

I am so so so curious about this new season free dance ! Je suis malade was great, what's going to be next ? After the BIG success ?
    Can't wait for next season !
    I wish they'll come up with new lifts !

19. Marta24

Marta24 Member

Hi! I am also a huge W&P fan.
    I hope they can win a world medal next year.

20. skatingfan04

skatingfan04 Active Member

W/P were so good last night at Stars on Ice! I was at the Toronto show, and they really fit in well with that amazing cast. Both their numbers were great (I was really impressed by the Shake it Out one), and they were fantastic in the group numbers as well (Andrew in particular during the men's number).

21. puglover

puglover Active Member

I hope this year we don't hear any more of the "underdogs - hard luck kids - almost this - just missed that" talk that always seems to come up every time they take the ice, at least by the Canadian commentators. They have arrived - this is their time!

22. beebee

beebee Active Member

I so agree--it's like there's a collective guilty conscience about how they were treated. Just move on. W/P's mettle was soundly tested and they have shown what they are made of.

Was at Toronto CSOI--they were abfab!!!! Can't wait to see what's in store for next season.

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  23. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

I was at Toronto SOI last night too. First skating related trip for me in two years in part to my health problems and in part to my Dad's health being so poor Didn't realize just how badly I needed a break. Anyway...

Kaitlyn and Andrew were AMAZING!!! Plus if I felt the way I did last night after watching a shorter version of Je Suis Malade live, I'm glad I never saw the full out competitive version live, because I literally felt like I'd been put through the wringer and then some. WowohwowohWOW!!

They were one of *the* highlights of the show and so happy for them too.

24. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

25. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

26. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Awww, very nice. I'm beginning to think that they are a couple afterall.

27. pani

pani Well-Known Member

28. tut88

tut88 Member

I think it's THE coach work to create something DIFFERENT for each team you have.
    And I think Camerlengo - Krilova - are doing it.
    H-D are choreographed by Scali, so I think we'll see something different here too !!

29. tut88

tut88 Member

I REALLY don't agree with you,
    and I think it 's annoying your constant jokes about this.

I like V.M too but I don't see the point on seeing everyonelse trying to copy them.
    I really can't see this.

30. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think all this teams could have there own faces and show all there talent without this :) Especially when on ice W-P look really different