Weaver and Poje their time is now

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by sliver98, Oct 22, 2011.

1. sliver98

sliver98 Banned Member

I am surprised nobody has started a thread on them i think they could surprise alot of people this year, right know i am very close to picking them over P&B at Skate Canada with Fabian ill and all.

2. RumbleFish

RumbleFish New Member

I like them a lot. Their SD last year was wonderful, but their FD could have been better.
    I hope they put together 2 great programs this season.

3. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

Since I haven't seen their new programs yet I don't really want to predict anything for them this early in the season. I am looking forward to seeing their new programs though. I didn't know Fabian Bourzat was ill.

4. sliver98

sliver98 Banned Member

Fabian is suffering from bronchitis as was reported at skate america, with Skate canada next week he may not have enough time to recover.

5. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Hopefully he will be much better by then. I get bronchitis every couple of years and it takes a couple of weeks to recover....that is after antibiotics and a wee bit of rest, and he is much younger and fitter than I am

Maofan7 and (deleted member) like this.
  6. vmfan

vmfan New Member

after looking at the dance lineup i was considering picking w/p over p/b with him being sick and also his tendency to fall....i really enjoy both these teams too

7. skatingfan04

skatingfan04 Active Member

:DLOVE these two!! Completely. I'm going to SC next week, and I'm honestly most excited about them. I think their music choices have great potential, particularly in the FD. Let's hope their programs are a stunning as last years' SD!

8. gofigure

gofigure Active Member

9. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Great cover. What a gorgeous couple. They improve every year, so, yes, I really am hoping they move up again this season. I look forward to seeing them at Skate Canada :)

10. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

:)I'm so curious to see their programs this year , and hoping to have my socks knocked off !:lol:
    ( and skatebuzz will be streaming the practices , so we should have a really good look at all the couples..Yay!)

11. sliver98

sliver98 Banned Member

Great cover i expect a big breaktrough this year i have felt they were underappreciated in Canada these last couple of years.

12. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what they are skating to?

13. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

I believe their FD is to Je Suis Malade

14. RumbleFish

RumbleFish New Member

Ugh, this is going to be a hit or a miss.

15. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

Bumping it up- I can't wait to see them. I was noticing them for the last couple of years, but they completely captured my heart at last year's Worlds. Hope they build on their success this year, and as I enjoy "Je suis malade", I am looking forward to their FD- just hope they do not get the deduction for not being quite uplifting enough ( if they do, I'll go bang my head against the wall).
    They have great chemistry, which bodes well for the SD.
    I also think they have a decent chance to make it to the GPF.

Maofan7 and (deleted member) like this.
  16. Sylvia

Sylvia Bring on the JGP & Sr B comps!

17. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

:)It's for sure I'll be on skatebuzz to watch the practices tomorrow.Knock 'em dead W/P !:)

18. inthemiddle

inthemiddle Active Member

:cheer2: W/P for gold at SC !:p :cheer2:

19. Athena

Athena New Member

I feel very sorry for P/B, but SC is W/P's opportunity to shine, wish them luck!

20. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

Whoa that SD is HOT. They're hitting certain notes with super fierceness.

21. nlyoung

nlyoung Active Member

My feed froze in the middle so I guess I missed the best part. I liked the beginning, but the ending just seemed meh... I'll have to revisit my opinion once I see the whole thing...

22. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Did she cut her hair? It looked a lot shorter from last year.

23. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

oh, call the fire department !:swoon:

They're so good looking anyway, but once again, Kaitlyn's dress is perfection for what they're doing. R-r-row-r-r-r ! I think they just dispensed with the use of any switches, etc., for her hair.. can't come loose to distract anyone.

Looks like an excellent dance. Can't wait.

24. sequins

sequins New Member

I loved their SD! They look so confident and prepared this season. Can't wait to see their FD.

25. sequins

sequins New Member

Opinions on the FD. At first I didnt care for it. Then towards the end I could certainly see the potential and I agreed with Tracy when she said it could be their best work ever. That damn uplifting rule can we do way with that please. It`s like every ice dancer now has to justify their program and explain why it is uplifting just to try to save their butts with the judges I guess:rolleyes:. It`s a crazy, ridiculous rule, one season fine, but enough is enough. On that note this program isn`t really uplifting but it`s nice and it has the chance to be great and it deserves to be seen.

Oh and cheers to W&P for thei Scott & Tessa cheering! Cute.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  26. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

I just thought I'd add that I really liked their SD costumes......her's especially was gorgeous and she was a knock-out in it. I don't know how it televised, but in person both costumes were awsome................as well as their SD, now that was a real treat.:)

27. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

I am torn.
    I am not that thrilled about the music cuts, but understand that they are the way they are to fulfil all the rules ( beat, change of tempo etc)
    I think temperamentally the FD is a perfect fit, but there's much work to be done technically.
    One of the things I really appreciate about W/P is that they truly relate to each other on ice; another is that they clearly connect music with emotion very early in the working process, on a primary level, rather than bringing in the emotion later when all the technical stuff is secure. All that makes them very appealing and interesting to me, and I believe in them.

28. skatingfan04

skatingfan04 Active Member

I was in the arena when they skated. It was simply amazing. :eek: Honestly, their passion and chemistry was absolutely captivating. It really didn't come across on TV at all. The program is a real departure for them, but it was beautiful. I think that it can really take them places this season.

29. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

That is often the way in Ice Dance :( It's unfortunate, but to really appreciate the full impact of a program, you often have to see it live. You were very lucky you got the chance to go.

Im waiting to see this on TV [not my computer screen]. I think it's light years better than Moulin Rouge, but some people thought the music annoying. I couldnt really tell - it was very muted in the vid.

I think this is a style that suits them well and I agree they are making a genuine emotional connection with the music and with each other. Obviously they need to perfect the performance part, but for this early in the season, the program looks very good.

dinakt and (deleted member) like this.
  30. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

YES! That is something I find so special about this team. This is why I always enjoy their exhibition numbers.

I love their FD and think it is a perfect vehicle for them. I love seeing them skate it with so much conviction. They just seem a lot more confident this season, and with that confidence, all kinds of things become possible.