Weaver and Poje #2: From Buenos Aires to Sochi

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Marta24, Jan 12, 2014.

1. beebee

beebee Active Member

Memo to PashaFan: I find your posts on this thread to be passive-aggressive. You claim to be a WP fan but you continually throw out your negative little darts. This results in true WP fans trying to defend ourselves and our feelings regarding Kaitlyn and Andrew and seems to then invite more negativity from other posters. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and has the right to voice it. I just think you should go to another thread with your provocative comments. This is a thread dedicated to positive feelings towards WP and your posts are often not in this spirit.

I wish that other posters (including myself) could refrain from responding to Pashafan's barbs. I certainly know it's not easy for those of us who are true fans of Kaitlyn and Andrew. So please PashaFan, do us a favor and go elsewhere with the negative stuff.

2. bonmil

bonmil Member

I am a true W/P fan! Love them. They are younger than CL (26/28) by 2 years. C/B are 22 and 25, not much different than W/P at 25/27. Still going strong as far as I can see. Go W/P.... hoping you are the 2014 World Champs!!!!!

3. geoskate

geoskate Well-Known Member

4. Dr.Siouxs

Dr.Siouxs Well-Known Member

World Silver Medalists. :cheer2: I'm a relatively new fan, can someone fill me in on whether or not they're continuing after this season?

5. Marta24

Marta24 Active Member

Then welcome. :) They said that they will decide to continue from year to year. They are definitely continuing next season, so I'm sure they will again be in the mixed for the World title.

6. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

Memo to beebee, telling other fans to ignore me is kind of passive-aggressive too.
    Last time I checked people on these boards are free to say what they wish. If you could bother to read my other posts you would see how much I love them & often praise them. If people on here only want blind positive thoughts then that say's more about them than me.
    All I stated was I thought this was their best chance of World Gold. Hardly attacking them.
    Others on threads such as one's about Adelina Sotnikova say nasty hate-filled comments. I have NEVER in all the time I have been on here EVER said anything on any thread either personal or nasty.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  7. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

Congrats to W&P! As for world gold, I think they have another 4 good chances at it. IMO there is no dominant team moving forward, and their chances are as good as anyones, and they are certainly one of the best chances of anyone to win it all next year (unless V&M or D&W come back, super unlikely, or I&K actually stick together but even they arent unbeatable).

8. Marta24

Marta24 Active Member

KAITLYN WEAVER AND ANDREW POJE ARE WORLD MEDALLISTS!!!! :cheer2:

I waited 7 years, but I can finally say it. :D

9. geoskate

Congratulations to Weaver/Poje on a silver medal, and a really well-skated program!

They have grown in the last three years in the skills as skaters, but what really strkes me is their growth in versatility and their ability to skate to different styles of music. Their short dance is completely and totally different than their free dance in musical style, yet they are able to skate both to perfection.

10. liv

liv Well-Known Member

Congratulations, W/P!!! To lose the world title by such a small margin....... BUT, what a wonderful result and wonderful skate. They are fully deserving of this. Being from K|W it's great to cheer on a home town guy!! They are only getting better.

11. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

They seem thrilled to have their medal even if it's silver (so close). Finally they are on the podium though and cudos to them for their achievement. I hope they stick around for a few more years because if they do, this will not be the last time we see them medalling :)

12. Marta24

Marta24 Active Member

I'm so happy for them. Who would have thought 4 years ago, that one day, they would be World medallists? I'm so glad that they never gave up and focused on getting better and better every year.

13. skatingfan04

skatingfan04 Active Member

Just wanted to pop over and wish a huge, heartfelt congratulations to W/P!:D They performed incredibly well, especially under such enormous pressure. I absolutely fell in love with them watching them live three years ago at the 2011 Skate Canada, and I have enjoyed watching them mature and improve to this incredible point. They are truly one of the best teams of their generation, and it's so nice to see them finally rewarded! As world medallists, they join a pretty elite group in Canada - they're only the 8th ice dance team in Canadian history to win a world medal! I'm so glad that they're continuing (even if they've only confirmed one more season thus far), and I can't wait to see what they come up with for next season!

14. kuzytalent

kuzytalent Active Member

Weaver & Poje will be the team to beat in the coming quadrennial. Mark my words.

15. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Congrats to WP! So happy for them.

16. Finley

Finley New Member

Heartfelt congratulations to Weaver and Poje! So happy for them! I am even happier for their silver than I would have been for gold because this gives them something to chase and strive for, rather than something to defend and protect. So excited to see what next season brings! They will be aiming to take that final step to the top of the podium(s). Just love this team so much!

17. Marta24

Marta24 Active Member

I'm already looking forward to their Paso Doble SD. You just know it's going to be hot.:lol:

18. Daniskates93

Daniskates93 Active Member

Hey guys! I hope I'm not breaking any board rules by letting you know about this, but I thought some of you might be interested in knowing that Kaitlyn and Andrew will be performing in the Kitchener-Waterloo Skating Club Ice Show on April 12th at 3pm at the Waterloo Rec Complex :) Kirsten and Dylan will be there too. If you wanted to get tickets, they are $20 for Adults (20+) and $5 for anyone under 19 and can be purchased at www.kwsc.org/iceshow.

So extremely excited for these two, I have been following them since they teamed up in 2007!! :D

19. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

I saw their FD at this year's Skate Canada and loved it. So glad they had two strong skates at Worlds -and got scored appropriately in both segments of the competition for a change ;). Congrats on a well-deserved world medal!
    Is it too early to start looking forward to next year's programs?

20. Xela M

Xela M Active Member

Does anyone else think Andrew Poje is the hottest skater at the moment :swoon: is he single?

21. geoskate

I agree with this, actually. Historically, they seem to improved the most when they were confronting a challenge.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  22. rvi5

rvi5 Active Member

Nearly World Bronze medalist, if Kaitlyn hadn't notice the medal mixup during the ceremony. :LOL:

23. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

Congrats to W&P. Very happy for them. Wish it was gold ....so very close.

24. danafan

danafan Canadian ladies ├╝ber

They were interviewed on CBC and they said this was "only the beginning" - so looks like they plan on sticking around a while :)

25. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Wonderful!! I am looking forward to seeing 4 more years of great programs from them! Congratulations on their first World medal! I am sure there are more in their future.

26. Spun Silver

Spun Silver Well-Known Member

I'm sure the taste of that gold medal missed by .02 point will be in their mouth for the next year!

27. fsfann

fsfann Well-Known Member

28. Bue

Bue Active Member

Does anyone NOT think Andrew Poje is the hottest skater at the moment? :swoon:

I am so happy it was a silver for them. This means they've still got a big goal to light a fire under them for next year! Well done W/P! They are such a versatile team. I can't wait to see what they give us next year.

29. Marta24

Marta24 Active Member

30. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member