Weaver and Poje #2: From Buenos Aires to Sochi

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Marta24, Jan 12, 2014.

1. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

I would have had them 5th above B/S who were over-marked.

2. Excidra

Excidra New Member

Another Canadian team that was underscored. I sort of expected that Rus-Fed would go to great length to make sure that certain teams are eliminated from the race. I am so over Sochi.

3. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

Scott and Tessa got a raw deal but Weaver/Poje got a super raw deal! How could anyone put Bob/Sol above them? Outrageous!

4. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

Huge travesty.. I've seen the pattern before , and it seems the new system is not immune to it. Create some big distraction at the top while the real agenda is to make a grab at third. I/K have been being consistently overmarked for some time ... W/P are collateral damage.
    Thank goodness they're as strong as they are.

This means they'll miss the final group.

5. tapper88

tapper88 New Member

We won't see them skate the free, you mean??

6. FelicitySmoak

FelicitySmoak Member

Exactly this!

7. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

No, no... I meant the final flight, since they're in 7th.. But maybe I'm wrong now that I come to think of it.. I think the last two flights share the draw. I was thinking it was a draw for each flight.. but I think it's top ten and bottom ten. Anyway,the draw should be up.. I'll go and check.

They skate 15th. That should be last in the penultimate group.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  8. blueglass

blueglass New Member

It's really beginning to look that way.

9. Finley

Finley New Member

I feel like I'm in an abusive relationship with the sport of Ice Dancing. Every time I get attached to a team, and get invested in their success, they get SCREWED by judges. I knew they were never getting the bronze, but 7th?!? Really?!? So annoyed!

10. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

I get the feeling this year was meant to be a "write off" for all N.A. teams with the exception of D/W, but then, I've heard that that result was bought and paid for.

11. Finley

Finley New Member

It sure seems that way. :confused:

12. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

That score was pretty shocking, but watching the looks on their faces in the kiss and cry was the worst. I hope they can still have a great FD tomorrow and enjoy the experience. (Though saying that doesn't exactly help!) I'd love to be a fly on the wall in Tessa and Kaitlyn's room tonight, haha. "Kaitlyn: today I wished we were Russian." "Tessa: Don't worry. I was thinking how nice it must be to b American." Lolol

13. tapper88

tapper88 New Member

Lol I hope Kaitlyn and Tessa are having fun rooming (and commiserating) together :)

14. blueglass

blueglass New Member

I read Kaitlyn said something about a fishy technical mark - I assume she and Andrew are staying in for at least another year, so I hope Krylova is coaching her to be circumspect in what she says. Otherwise it'll be game over for them.

15. puglover

puglover Active Member

Go Kaitlyn and Andrew!

16. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

What a beautiful skate.
    Hate how they were held down in the short so they cannot catch up with those who are ordained for the medals.

17. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

That was wonderful and oh so passionate........very hawt and very well skated. They really brought it today and I'm happy for them. They have really developed and one of these days will stand on the podium, barring bad judging.

18. puglover

puglover Active Member

Beautiful skate. I saw this at Canadians and as great as it is on television, it is even better live. So moving and passionate. They are so hawt. I am so glad they brought it today.

19. JasperBoy

JasperBoy Well-Known Member

Another wonderful skate from Kaitlyn and Andrew. It is too bad they didn't place in the top five, but I am very happy they have had an Olympic experience. And a Silver Medal.
    I hope they keep competing for many more years as Canadian Champions.

20. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

They were magnificent today. They're young still. I hope they stick around for a while longer. And, I think they were robbed yesterday and today. What a disgusting fiasco.

21. FelicitySmoak

FelicitySmoak Member

Results aside... what an amazing Olympic debut for Kaitlyn & Andrew! They were fabulous!!

Who knows how long they will stick around for, but I'm sure they will at least hang around to become "Canadian National Champions"

Have you liked them on Facebook yet? https://www.facebook.com/WeaverandPoje

22. bluesboom

bluesboom New Member

With V&M, D&W, and P&B all not going to Worlds, Weaver & Poje will win the silver behind llynyk & Katsapolov there.

23. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

C&L will have something to say about that. It will be interesting to see how W&P compete in Japan, as they will finally be regarded as Canada's #1 ice dance team. All the best.

I also can't wait to see them next season in Skate Canada in Kelowna!!! Their Paso Doble SD will undoubtedly be spectacular.

24. bluesboom

bluesboom New Member

Had Weaver & Poje not done a poor short dance they would have easily beaten the Italians and Bobrova & Soloviev here. Come Worlds I am sure they will rectify that problem.

25. liv

liv Well-Known Member

What a great free dance! That was fantastic and they could have been placed even higher. I think they did that dance the best they've done all season, and what more can you ask? Great stuff.

26. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

I think the scores for almost all senior skaters was seriously in question. Cannot imagine how judges get away with this.

27. blueglass

blueglass New Member

Congratulations to W&P on a wonderfully skated FD. They should have pulled in a much higher mark - around 107-108 for that performance.

28. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

Such a cool childhood competition picture...5 current ice dancers represented! :D

http://www.nbcolympics.com/sites/nb...ipped.zip_files/Meryl-and-Charlie-GALcut7.jpg

- See more at: http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/beh...ress?ctx=olympic-journey#sthash.PZLfBSPt.dpuf

29. mirage

mirage Member

Wonderful FD for Kaitlyn and Andrew!

30. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

Anyone know when Gala is, and whether or not it will be televised in Canada?