Wear the wrong prom dress and get spanked?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by mmscfdcsu, Apr 4, 2010.

1. El Rey

El Rey Well-Known Member

2. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm Well-Known Member

Um, yeah. Reading the first article, I expected something more like that.

3. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

^^ Good gawd. What the hell is wrong with that girl! These kids ... and they ARE just KIDS ... are 16-17-18 years old that are going to proms. You don't dress in two napkins and a potholder when you go out in public! And you don't wear a dress that is six sizes too small for you with your body busting out of every seam and your boobs spilling out of the bandaid sized bra top attached to it (or not!). Is there no one in this world who teaches their kids a little thing called CLASS and self-respect anymore?!! I truly weep for the future of this world.

4. Civic

Civic New Member

She looks like she should be swinging about a pole in some strip joint instead of attending her high school prom. Seriously, young people won't know about appropriate dress for various occasions unless someone teaches them. Chances are this young woman's parents or guardian didn't see anything wrong with her dress. I shudder to think what she might wear for a job interview.

5. Karina1974

Karina1974 Well-Known Member

^^^ And what was with the tattoo on her upper chest? Was that a handgun? I tried pausing the video, but the image was too fuzzy. If she's going to get a tat, the least she could do is get something that she'd still be proud to show off in 25-30 years. Like mine.

Eden and (deleted member) like this.
  6. shan

shan Well-Known Member

What is with the argument "but its my senior prom"??? Yeah, that makes your dress appropriate....

That CNN article made me :rofl: My favorite quote has to be

"They didn't give me any options, but to go to jail or go home."

7. Cupid

Cupid Well-Known Member

We used to have paddling (or should I say one big swat on the butt) in our junior high back in the 70's - but it was only for the boys - girls got detention - boys got a choice of either or.

I thought the dress looked cute on her, and compared to some of the prom dresses out there that are cut down PAST the belly button with a huge gap in the material, that dress is demure in comparison.

8. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Too much cleavage up top, but it didn't look shorter than 6 inches above the knee - it just looked pretty see through. I can't blame the kid for wanting the dress, but her mother should have had the sense to realize that cleavage was showing.

But I have seen kids in prom dresses with slits cut up to the hip, bare midriffs in the middle, plunging necklines. My mother describes that as "nice dress you are almost wearing."

9. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how the garment in that video qualifies as a dress.

And, of course, the public reaction most of the time seems to be outrage that these kids are not allowed to "express themselves". :eek:

10. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Well, good lawd, that dress is too durned SEXY for our school, girl! Now you know Daddy principal has to punish you for that, right? Now come on over here and lean right on over Daddy's Principal's knee. That's right, girl. Now this ain't gonna last no more than an hour or two...

Paddling a female senior? It's wrong in any case, but this is DOWNRIGHT CREEPY!!!!!!!!! :eek:

UMBS Go Blue, Simone411, Nan and 3 others like this.
  11. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

:rofl: Paddling doesn't quite work like that but it's an interesting observation. I think you'd look sweet in that dress. :hat1:

12. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

So what exactly is paddling then, because I had the same reaction as PeterG to this. It is completely creepy to "spank" anyone over the age of 10.

13. BrokenAnkle

BrokenAnkle Active Member

The punishment was was more creepy and inappropriate than the original offence. I had the same creeped out reaction.