We got a kitten!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by bobalina77, Jun 23, 2010.

1. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Oh yes, do not leave any string attached to a needle around if you've been doing some mending. My parents found out the hard way when their cat started playing and chewing on the string to which there was a needle attached. She is not even a kitten.

She ended up swallowing the needle that had to be extracted by endoscopy. $1,500 worth of fun at the vet's. :scream:

2. bobalina77

bobalina77 Duck Hunter

Lucky for me..and Tetley.. I don't sew much lol!

IceAlisa and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

Anything that resembles a string flapping around is considered a cat plaything. :p This includes bras or belts laying around.

4. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

If he is not neutered yet be sure to do it before he learns to spray to mark his territory. If you wait you will never be able to break the habit and it will be impossible for him to be an indoor cat (unless you want to live in stench).

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  5. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

He's so cute!

6. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Tetley is lovely!
    All of the suggestions here are good ones.

I'm sure that you will have a long and joyful relationship!

7. bobalina77

bobalina77 Duck Hunter

Yes.. that will be done as soon as possible. We're both paranoid about that :lol:

8. Nan

Nan Just me

Cute kitten. Beautiful eyes!

9. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

What a cutie! Congratulations!
    I don´t know in which type of a house you live, but be careful not to leave windows open. My first cat fell from th 5th floor when he was a kitten. (He then lived for 13 more years.)
    You will have years of happiness with Tetley. Great!:cat:

10. Twilight1

Twilight1 Well-Known Member

Too cute!! If any of you are on my facebook, I posted pics of the kittens we had born under our shed by a mother cat. We took in one of them last week and found homes for the other 2. They are about 7 weeks old and 'Sally' is the cutest thing ever!! I love cats and I didn't think my husband would go for a pet but 'Sally' is ruling the roost already haha.

11. bobalina77

bobalina77 Duck Hunter

We have a one story house and we're in the process of getting screens made for the windows. He will be an indoor cat so we won't leave windows open until we get the screens.

His crazy kitten side is starting to come out.. he went absolutely squirrely this morning :lol:

12. viennese

viennese Well-Known Member

What a beautiful kitten.
    Great name, too.

My "new" kittens are now 18 months old. The have calmed down quite a bit, but they still have their kitteny moments.

Their first months in my house (as soon as they settled in to the house, became confident, all the way through year one,- through year one, they required about 30 mins of play time, chasing shoelaces or other toys around the house.

Then they'd emerge around dinner for another 30 minutes of crazies.

13. sk8pics

sk8pics Well-Known Member

Just adorable! I wish you all the happiness in the world with him.

14. bobalina77

bobalina77 Duck Hunter

Yeah I usually play with him when I get home from work. He loves his mice and we found a long skinny open ended box for him to play in too. Litter box training is going pretty good. He's had a couple of accidents but for the most part he's catching on. He's eating dry food and drinking out of his water dish now. We try to play with him a bit before bed so he'll go to sleep, and he's pretty good about sleeping at night actually. Either that or we just don't hear him :lol: He has a bell on his collar and we keep him in our bedroom with us because there isn't too much in there he can ruin, and that way he's close to his litter box. He's a cutie.. he's got sharp little teeth though.. holy cow! And he begs like a dog.. it's ridiculous!

We're having tons of fun with him!

15. mrr50

mrr50 Well-Known Member

If you have aquariums make sure to cover them until he is bigger. Our cats love to drink from them and watch the fish.

The cats love to drink from their fountain waterer. It has a continuous stream of water.

Tetley's a beauty

16. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Please, keep sharing pictures/stories.
    I'm enchanted by Tetley!

17. viennese

viennese Well-Known Member

Take lots of pictures. Kittens grow incredibly fast.

18. bobalina77

bobalina77 Duck Hunter

Yeah he seems to have grown even since we got him. He's getting heavier which is a good sign I guess lol. One thing that made me kinda chuckle was that we went to my parents' for dinner and they have a cat named Gus. I always knew he was big.. but he looked gigantic after looking at Tetley for a week. Gus' head is the size of Tetley's whole body lol!

19. twinsissv

twinsissv Well-Known Member

Awwww...whatum kootums kittums! Goochee, goochee goooo! :cat:

Oh yeah. Get used to hearing yourself say some really silly things. :lol:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  20. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

Indeed.

21. bobalina77

bobalina77 Duck Hunter

We've both taken to doing the "Despicable Me" "HE'S SO FUZZY!!!" thing lol!

22. ebayj

ebayj New Member

So happy for you and Tetley. Years of fun and happiness are ahead of you. Getting my Harvey was one of the smartest things I have ever done in my life. He's sitting inches away from me grooming and preening, which is his usual ritual right before I got to bed.

IceAlisa and (deleted member) like this.
  23. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Such a cute kitty! :)