Warrant Issued for Lindsay Lohan

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by skipaway, May 20, 2010.

1. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

Lawyer says Lindsay lost her passport and could not return to the US for her Thurs. hearing. Because she was a no-show, the judge issued an arrest warrant. Time for her to do some time.

Warrant Issued

2. Cosmic Connect

Cosmic Connect New Member

Love it!

3. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Apparently she had no reason to even be in Cannes, as the film she claims to have been there to promote has not even secured rights to the name of the person it is about.

4. talulabell

talulabell New Member

I just saw this. I dont get it. what the heck makes her think she is so above everything. Has no one told her she's a two-bit, no tallent, strung out, hack? No? Why is she even in Cahn? Really... would her promoting a film really help it???

5. tarotx

tarotx Well-Known Member

Plenty of people have told her she's a two-bit, no talent, strung out, hack. As I'm sure plenty of people kiss her ass. I think what she needs is for people to care enough about her for her to see that getting help will be a better option then partying 24-7 and wasting a young life.

6. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

The thing is, I don't think she's completely untalented. She's showed promise before and done a good job when she wasn't a complete failsauce of a person. I think she really could have been something, but I don't think we'll ever know.

What does two-bit even mean??

7. mikey

mikey ...an acquired taste

Good.

8. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

Back in the olden days, "two bits" was 25 cents. It became slang for what I'd refer to as "a paltry sum" - in other words, something worth only two bits isn't worth much. It's cheap.

9. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

I hate getting old. I only opened this because I read it "Warrant Issued for Lindsay Vonn" ... i.e. someone who is actually relevant and whose arrest would be surprising. :shuffle:

Anyway, jailtime is probably the best thing that could happen to this woman. (As long as her :yikes: family is denied visiting privileges)

Rex and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

This. She needs to hit bottom. It'll happen. :shuffle:.

This girl has had the worst parents I've seen in recent memory too. They need to do a little tough love, as soon as they put their booze down too.

11. escaflowne9282

escaflowne9282 Well-Known Member

Would really she get jailtime though? Bench Warrants normally just end up with people being taken into a holding cell until they post bail. At least, that's how it worked when my (now ex) boss was arrested a few months back.

12. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

Not showing up for the court date caused the judge to violate her probation. When you're on probation, not showing up for a meeting, including a court date, is considered extremely serious. She'll have a probation violation hearing, and then she'll either get an extension to her probation, get additional things required of her re: probation, and/or be incarcerated.

13. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Whaaaat? Do tell.

14. LynnW

LynnW Politiking for Purple

Hopefully, she will hit bottom because the alternative with her seems to be that she'll end up killing herself.

She actually makes me sad because IMO she does (did?) have talent and she had the opportunities .... and then she squandered it all.

I'm not trying to defend her or make people sorry for her but what a waste.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  15. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

What GarrAarghHrumph said, faster than me :D

What will be an even bigger problem for her is that the Cannes police say that she did not report her passport stolen or missing. The girl needs serious rehab, not the country club, kiss ass excuses for rehab places she's been to in the past.

16. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

Unless and until she is really committed to rehab, it won't make any difference if she is jailed, country club, or kiss ass serious rehab places.

17. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Carmen Ovsiannikov Well-Known Member

Maybe jail time would be a kick in the pants and make Lindsay take her situation more seriously. As it is now, each time she does something there haven't been any truly serious consequences. More like a slap on the wrist. Lindsay hasn't even taken the classes she's supposed to be in seriously. She has done some of them but even a few of those were "made up" as she didn't attend the class when it was originally planned. Maybe doing the entire 180 days in a real jail might make Lindsay re-think the way she's living her life. Lord knows her parents and those suck ups she surrounds herself with aren't doing anything but making the situation worse. Michael Lohan is trying to get her help but for the wrong reasons (IMO). He only seems to want his name and picture in the paper. And Dina Lohan is too worried about being a star herself and not wanting to piss off her meal ticket.

I watched part of Nancy Grace earlier tonight and someone has allegedly already posted the $100,000 bail so that Lindsay won't be arrested once she lands back in L.A. Is that possible to pay bail before an arrest has even been made?

I've been rooting for Lindsay to get her act together as like others I feel that unlike some of the other startlet types who get jobs mainly because they are pretty and the younger fans think they are cool, Lindsay does have talent. It's too bad that she's thrown it away. If the above isn't true then I hope she does get arrested and thrown in jail.

At this point even if Lindsay does finally get cleaned up I don't think her career (or what's left of it) will be the same. If she comes through this latest incident yet again unscathed I have a bad feeling that sooner or later she's going to end up as another young star who died young. It seems morbid to say such a thing but this is the path she's headed down. Then her two slimy parents will probably take to the air to blame the press and everyone else but themselves. :wall:

18. cruisin

Sadly, you're 100% right. Though, as Carmen hopes, maybe the 180 days in jail would be the ice water in the face wake up she needs. She must need to hit some sort of wall. Sometimes hitting bottom is jail, sometimes it's ODing and hopefully surviving. I just hope she is not another casualty of celebrity.

19. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

I think it's related to a quarter being referred to as "two bits" in the old days. I believe referring to something (or someone) as two-bit use it as a synonym for "cheap". (Personally, people who slam others as cheap also make themselves look equally cheap in the process.)

So Jerry Springer is now issuing weekend passes? How fortunate for you... :blah:

20. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I don't think 6 months in jail would make any difference. IMO the only way to get to her now is through her younger sister, as she seems to be the only thing that really matters to Lindsay. Maybe if her sister was mature enough to take a stand and then support her through a turnaround, or hopefully it doesn't come to this - but if something happens to Ali and it's Lindsay's fault ...

21. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Lindsay won't be arrested when she lands in Los Angeles (whenever that is):

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/abraham/detail??blogid=95&entry_id=64081

I agree with the reporter that her lawyer does her no favors by pointing to her age and saying that's what she'd do at her age.

And her father has hired Lisa Bloom (Gloria Allred's daughter) as his lawyer. Not sure why he needs one.

22. cruisin

And that video! So, Lindsey does some politically liberal things that this guy is in favor of, and she is beyond the law?

23. escaflowne9282

escaflowne9282 Well-Known Member

ohhh... an invitation to hijack this thread with a personal anecdote... well ok,if you insist...

Warning : the following post is completely off topic
    What happened is that my former boss,let's call him, RatBastardLawyerWhoShouldHaveBeenDisbarred (or RBLWSHBD for short)'s brother was partner in a law firm out in a long island off the coast of NYC ;)

One of RBLWSHBD's brother's clients was a car company who had that firm on retainer, and as part of their arrangement the car company the firm was provided free use of their cars as transportation. The car company was also offering very inexpensive leases to members of the firm (for personal use) and their family members. RBLWSHBD decided to sign a lease for a car...

Six months later... RBLWSHBD has only made one payment on the lease. The Car Company wanted their money and gave him three more months to make good on the lease. Three months goes by and no payment has been made. They want their car back. RBLWSHBD (who lives in Manhattan) proceded to play a wonderful game of hide and seek with the car throughout the five boroughs of NYC (yes, including Staten Island!) for the next four months.
    The car company at this point had decided to drop RBLWSHBD's brother's firm from retainer.
    At this point RBLWSHBD decided to finally stop playing games and returned the car . The problem is the car company wanted their money and started an action against him. He wrote a check for the entire amount owed (in excess of $9000.) It bounced. He wrote another one, it also bounced.

He was taken to court, and kept sending his partner ,let's call her VivaciousLatinaWhoIsReallyMuchBetterThanAllOfThis,or Vivacious for short, to adjourn all of these appearances.
    After the last no-show , the judge also issued a bench warrant and found him in contempt of court in the meantime. So when he showed up to the court for the next appearance , he was cuffed and taken into holding at $600 bail. He tried to get Vivacious to bail him out but she told him " I have a mortgage and kids, I can't" . He was stuck crawling back to the brother he screwed over to get bailed out.

The sad thing is, this isn't even remotely the most inethical thing he's done, nor why I think he should have been disbarred.
    End of off topic story
    As for Lindsay Lohan,she looks best with Red Hair.

skipaway and (deleted member) like this.
  24. talulabell

talulabell New Member

Ouch! Did I just get called cheap? :eek: When I used "two-bit" to describe Lindsay, I was mostly referring to the value of her talent. When she did Parent Trap, you might have said, "oh, wow, she could grow up to be quite the actress". Now, however, I think she's thrown it all away because she appears to value the party scene more then being an actress. It's quite the waste, and I cant believe that anyone would actually seek out her attendance at premiers and parties for the "celebrity value".

:lol: at bringing it back to topic.

25. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

She was great in A Prairie Home Companion. :(

Martha Stewart should adopt her--Lohan once went on her former show and Stewart berated her in a very tough-love mommy way. They could bedazzle ankle bracelets together, and Stewart can show Lohan how to tastefully display it in her house once whatever punishment she gets is over.

All jokes aside, I do feel more sorry for her than I do the likes of Paris Hilton. Lohan was pretty (as her natural redhaired self), didn't look like everyone else but still had that girl next door charm, was a good actress, and unlike many of the former Disney tweens, the girl could at one time anyway really sing. Notice too how her voice and presence gets stronger and better as she went along.

26. UGG

UGG Well-Known Member

Her mother needs to take a page from Jamie Spears book. britney would be dead without him and that blood sucker that was leeching on her would have all of her money. I give Britney's parents a lot of credit. It was obvious all they saw was Britney their daughter. Dina Lohan obviously still sees her daugher as Lindsey the famous movie star. I would imagine for a parent of a huge superstar like Britney, it is not easy to do what they did for her. I saw an interview with Lynn Spears when everything went down and she was asked how she felt about people saying she and Jamie were trying to take control of britney's finances for their own benefit, and she said she said anyone could say what they wanted because all that mattered to her was Britney and she did not care if her actions made her look bad. Dina would be blogging all over the place trying to explain herself and make herself look good.

27. Holley Calmes

Holley Calmes Well-Known Member

This poor child....I don't excuse her. She's old enough to know better, but I think it would take a gargantuan effort from an extraordinary person to rise above her parenting, her proclivity for addiction, and the early fame. That's one sure-fire recipe for disaster. I remember her some years ago-fresh, redheaded, busty, lush-a real original beauty. What a waste. I do hope she somehow gets saved. And her sister, who is also making all the tabloids as Lindsay's "protege." At the age of 16.

28. skatemommy

skatemommy Well-Known Member

Lilo needs some kind of intervention but I don't think her parents are capable of it. Shouldn't Disney (I'm serious) have some kind of team capable of this? I've just been forced to watch 2 hours of Disney channel thanks to my tween and they have an amazing machine that churns out kid stars like crazy. The "Suite Life" marathon just proves the machine that pumps these kids out.

29. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

I think Ms. Lohan has three choices.........Jail, Rehab or Death. I don't see her going to rehab anytime soon.........so I think Jail could be a life saver for this poor child.

A person stops maturing at the same time that their addiction begins...so she really is still a child. What a waste of a life.

She really needs a Family Intervention a la "Addicted" But, it takes someone in the family to have a moment of clarity...or terror or something. Wish them luck, they are truly lost.

30. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Her family will not stop her because they rely on her for their $$. I think it is as simple as that. Very sad! Although, I don't know how she has any money left. When is the last time she got paid for anything? Her money from when she was younger must be long gone by now.