Waiter refuses to serve customer who insulted Down's Syndrome boy

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Cyn, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Kudos to this server who stood up for what is right :respec:

Article

:mad: :angryfire:

The customer who made the obnoxious comment chose to leave the restaurant. It's not in the article linked above, but I read in either another one or on a Houston-based blog that the manager of the restaurant stood by Garcia's decision not to serve this twonk.

It amazes me that an adult can be that insensitive, narrow-minded, and downright cruel regarding a five year-old child. If Milo had been throwing a tantrum or behaving in a manner that was way out of line, it would have been understandable to want to change tables. However, this kid wasn't out of control, screaming, or doing anything to bother other patrons, but for this guy to snot off by saying that "special needs children need to be special somewhere else" is beyond reprehensible.

After speculating on this for a few moments, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if this ass-clown's own kids have likely acted like holy terrors in public places, but because they were his own spawn, their behavior was excused.....And if someone so much as implied that they needed to dial it down a notch, he would fly into a rage to defend them.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  2. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

Good for the server!

3. Karina1974

Karina1974 Well-Known Member

Awesome story! :respec:

4. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

Good for him!!!

5. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

That's a guy deserving of a BIG tip. Good for him. And good for his manager backing him.

6. Reuven

Reuven Official FSU Alte Kacher

Good for him!!! The Down syndrome children and adults I’ve met all have the sweetest temperament. We can learn a lot from them in dealing with our fellow humans.

7. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Indeed!

8. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

Serving a child with Down's Syndrome is likely enough tip :)

9. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Good for him. glad the manager backed him up.

10. Smiley0884

Smiley0884 New Member

Glad the manager backed him up too. Having worked in a couple of restaurants in the past, I'm not sure I could imagine many of my managers backing me up in a similar situation.

11. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

If I'd witnessed this, I'd have given him a BIG tip too! :cheer:

12. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

What a fantastic person! So glad his manager backed him up. We need more people to stand up for others like that. Thanks for sharing that Cyn.

13. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

The customer is most certainly not always right. Good on Garcia for doing the right thing and his manager for backing him up; I hope the positive attention will get them a lot of business.

I also hope this won't result in any unwanted attention for Milo's family, though I'm sure they're happy that this positive message will be getting across.

14. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

:cheer2: Good for him!

15. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

Good for him, I would give him a big tip.

16. Karina1974

Karina1974 Well-Known Member

I've always thought that saying was a bullshit statement. When the customer has the nerve to ask for things that go against set company policy, they are always wrong. When I was a bank teller I was always being asked to bend/break policy. I had no problem saying no because I knew my branch manager would back me up if it came to her having to get involved.

17. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

YAY for him standing up for what's right and for the Manager backing him up.

Cyn, if you really want to see how stupid people can be, come out w/me sometime and see how they react to my white cane. Sadly due to my own experiences, the way this nimrod acted is not a surprise. :(

18. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

Aragorn, do you have visual problems? A white cane is usually an indication that someone is blind. I sincerely hope that is not the case for you. :(

19. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

Good for him, the mangaer, and the restaurant. Hopefully more people will visit them to show support.

20. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

SO nice to hear a good story like this (well, the waiter & mgmt were good; the other customer was clearly NOT). Good for him for standing up for what is right.