volosozhar/trankov

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by zilam98, May 2, 2011.

1. zilam98

zilam98 Well-Known Member

i havent seen a thread about them yet, so here goes...

im so happy to finally see tatiana on the worlds podium! she so deserves it! and im so happy at the meteoric rise of this team in just one season. so ecstatic to see s/s and v/t at 1-2. i hope they do that group exhibition number again. :encore:

2. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

I want to see V/T & S/S dominate the pairs scene until Sochi. What a great rivalry this would be! These two performances made the World Champs for me.

I am also happy that the great Tatiana Volosozhar finally has a Worlds medal! It was crazy that someone with her level of talent had no European or Worlds medals. She's an absolute rockstar.

For next season, I'd love to see them have more choreographically demanding and interesting programs.

3. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

They totally lived up to my expectations of what they could be as a team as the talent was already there. It was just a matter of bringing them together. I am actually not surprised they were on the podium because they both are that good.

4. zilam98

agreed! would love to see more epic battles at the top from these two teams in seasons to come. :kickass:

5. mia joy

mia joy New Member

I think they're an awesome team already, only to become even better in the future.

Tatiana is THE pairs skating queen. She's a goddess. All her positions are so perfect I even lack words to express it. And she lands everything. She's been a champion material for such a long time now, it's great to see her finally get what she deserves.

I'd love them and S/S dominate the discipline until Sochi and then have an epic fight for Olympic gold. Both teams are so great, they actually make me enjoy watching pairs, sth I didn't experience much in the past.

But there is one thing in particular that ensures me Volosozhar/Trankov are the perfect match - seing Maxim smile so often now. I don't think I ever saw a single smile this honest and unforced from him during his entire career with Mukhortova. Now? he practically smiles all the time and let me add, his smile is so gorgeous ;) so that makes me sure they're happy together and I guess it matters a lot in terms of partnership.

6. Loves_Shizuka

Loves_Shizuka Gettin' my sass out

^You can totally tell that they work well together, both as skaters, and as people. You only have to see their blog to know that. They both seem sooo happy. :) Finally he has a partner he can work with, and finally she is getting the success she deserves - and so great that, whilst I'm guessing things with Maria M. went sour, Stanislav Morozov is 100% behind them and helping them achieve that success. How great.

Next year they should up the creativity - one thing which makes S/S so good, apart from the obvious, is that they always come up with something a bit different IMO, not just programmes-by-numbers. I think V/T need to respond to that, whilst always being themselves. Looking forward to this rivalry!

7. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

8. viv

viv New Member

I completely agree with all above. It looked as Maxim just couldn't stop smiling the whole time he was on the ice. Both V&T ans S&S are great couples on the ice, and all four of them seem to be very nice people. I love the way the event turned out and am curious about how the two couples will push one another in the future.
    :cool:

9. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

They are amazing. And IMO, they are better together than they were with their previous partner. I knew she was one of the very best female pair skater actually, but here, it was so clear !
    CONGRATS ! I want to see them with good programs, with style.

10. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

They're amazing together and I think we could be seeing the next 2014 olympic champs :kickass:

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  11. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

I loved both of these skaters with their previous partners and was gutted when I heard that Maxim & Maria split up.
    I really liked Maria & hope she finds a good enough partner to get back in the World team.
    How cool would it be to see them two go against each other in Sochi?!.
    I really think that Maxim & Tatiana have the ability to beat Aliona & Robin in coming seasons but for me it's a win win situation as I love both teams & can't wait for next season !.

12. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Loved the high five at the end of the long. They seem to be very good friends.

13. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

I agree with everything you said! I LOVE Maxim & Tatiana together and I would love for them to be the 2014 Olympic Champions! I LOVE Robin & Aliona too! Both of these pairs would make very worthy Olympic Champions if they skate as well as they did at this year's Worlds or continue to improve, as I suspect they will. I hope they can all stay healthy and at their very best! I will cherish this year's World pairs championship for a very LONG time! I got the gold and silver medalists that I wanted and predicted! :swoon::encore:

I also would not want to see Masha fade out of the pairs circuit. Hopefully, she will soon find a partner that she feels can work out to be a success! :)

14. bek

bek Guest

I wonder if Maxim is no longer an emo?:eek::lol:

15. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

Not since G&G have I been so totally into watching a pair program. That was incredible and I absolutely can't wait to see how they improve (good lord, they will be phenomenal with improvement). What they brought to me was pure joy and take-my-breath away moves that made me feel like I was watching something so special. I hope they continue to astonish us!

16. rfisher

I think Max and Robin are essentially equal in skills so the real competition is between Aliona and Tatiana. I, personally, would give the edge to Tatiana. I think she has better lines. That being said, S/S have more synchronicity (which they should having been together longer) so I wouldn't be surprised for them to win gold for at least some of next years comps and then for V/T to edge ahead the next year. Which will push S/S in their programs. At that point (I hope) the difference will be who is most innovative. According to Stas, Max is more artistic than Tatiana. I have the feeling he wasn't given much input when skating with Moody Maria and will be able to express what he wants to do and will help create some interesting programs.

It does feel like the G/G years doesn't it? :cheer2: They were my first ubers.

17. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

I think Maxim is a bit more jump-consistent than Robin. But both teams have greatness within them, and more to come. I hope all stay healthy and we get a wonderful top level rivalry to take the sport into Sochi!

18. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I can already see that tendency in them. The Super Mario ex was great. Earlier this season they were asking fans to email them music suggestions. I'm really hopeful that they are going to explore other avenues now that they have all their technical stuff worked out. That will be the key to their becoming champions, because as of right now, S&S' choreography is so good that if they skate clean, they will deserve to win every time IMO.

19. sequins

sequins Active Member

I LOVE them and I am soooo excited. I love pairs but I love great pairs skating and it's rare but there's nothing like it. So having them and S/S is very exciting. I couldn't get over them they were brilliant!

20. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

What I loved was Stanlislav was in the K&C with them and obviously as delighted for them as what they were for what they achieved. He must have a big role in where they are going. I wonder if he must have reallised his limitations (including the injuries) and knew that for her to realise her potential that she needed another partner. Which is an incredibly unselfish thing to do. Good on him.

Aren't Tatiana and him a couple off the ice?

I so agree about the working relationship. It was so clear that they love working together and probably for the reasons above. It must have felt good being them out on the ice.

21. Proustable

Proustable New Member

1. Yes, Tatiana and Stanislav are a couple off-ice.

2. During the Olympics, the commentator for CTV (David Peletier) said it outright, that Stanislav was retiring so Tatiana could find a partner better suited to her. I have to admit that I thought that was a wonderfully generous thing to do (indeed, one of my favourite moments from V/T's worlds success was Tatiana sitting in the KnC with one arm around Stanislav and the other around Max. Such a charming moment).

22. zilam98

who choreographed v/t's sp and lp?

23. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

I am so impressed by this team, especially considering they haven't teamed up for so long.

Imagine if they had already been together a couple of years back instead of V&M and M&T - they could perhaps already do wonders at Vancouver. There is no doubt to me that at least Volosozhar had always belonged to the pairs podium.

24. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

I believe Nikolai Morosov (and the "Mario bros" program that so many enjoyed at the exhibition gala, thus proving he has at least one more CD in his collection)

No doubt to me either, although I'll add that IMO, Trankov has long belonged on the podium as well; it's nice that BOTH are being able to shine now without being handicapped by their partner.

25. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

This will definitely be the main rivalry until Sochi, although I wouldnt totally rule out P/T and K/S if they continue either.

26. viv

viv New Member

:saint::encore::saint:

27. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

V/T's programs were my favorite moments from Worlds. I loved that they were able to make their debut on the world stage in front of a home country crowd. The rivalry between V/T and S/S will be epic.

I'm definitely ready to sign up as a V/T uber.

28. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

I feel the same way (though I am already their uber). I loved how Maxim thanked S/S for winning, saying that it would not be good for V/T to win Gold in their first year together. That, combined with Alena and Tatiana being close friends, feels like a great friendly rivalry for years to come.

29. rfisher

Well, Aliona and Tatiana both had Stas as a partner so it's sort of incestous. In a good way. :smokin:

30. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

I have to say, I am finding the huge fanboying/fangirling over them worrying.

They are exceptionally talented but at the same time, there are still lots of things they should work on, PCS-wise (when compared against S/S).

However, as they are already getting accolades from absolutely everyone, including the judges, and they keep hearing they are the best thing since sliced bread, they don't have an incentive to do that.

That's why I was so happy to hear they are going to New York to work with broadway choreographers and then get new programs choreographed early so they have time to polish them.

They definitely need to work on better expression and timing so this is a very good development. :)