Volosozhar/Trankov video

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by TAHbKA, Aug 21, 2010.

1. bek

bek Guest

In order to skate at worlds, you have to meet a certain qualification score. Now that score surely won't be a problem for them, but they are out of international competition until the end of February because Tatiana competed for Ukraine last year. So the issue is them getting into another international competition before Worlds starts, so they can make the score. I'm sure though there will be more competitions available since a lot of teams will want another shot at making the score.
  2. loopey

loopey Well-Known Member

Thx.

So it only takes one international competition to make the qualifying score?
  3. bek

bek Guest

If you make the score it takes only one. Someone can go to as many competitions as they want to make the score, I'm sure.
  4. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

just no reports
  5. bek

bek Guest

Aha. Well I do remember them saying in an interview a month or so back that she learned throws fast...
  6. Fashionista

Fashionista New Member

B/L's coach Valentina Tyukova.
  7. mia joy

mia joy New Member

Well, first of all, those connections you named sound WEIRD :lol: I mean, Pang and Szolkowy could be hilarious, taken that probably Robin is the one who lifts his leg higher and is more flexible in this combination :p

but anyways, of course we could have expected Tatiana and Maxim to be good together, but you know, two separate talents don't necessarily have to make a good team. It's definitely not the matter of choreo and music, it's about whether the two people match styles, personalities, you know, just about whether there is a good connection between them or not. And that I think we still need to see yet, but the sbs spins in that video can be a good prognosis ;)
  8. Rock2

Rock2 New Member

grrrrr, the link worked but no video loaded. Seems I'm the only one with the problem. Tried it on chrome and IE and same deal...just the page loaded. No video. Any ideas?
  9. Autumn_girl

Autumn_girl Active Member

10. bek

bek Guest

In principal what you say makes sense but I think there are some qualifications. I would think height and weight also factor into how good a team could be together.
  11. KayMil01

KayMil01 New Member

Darn, can't see the video at all...
  12. easilydistracte

easilydistracte Active Member

Thanks, Fashionista.

[I wonder if the Russian Fed is as excited about V/T as we all seem to be?]
  13. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Love the sbs spins!!! :respec: Can't wait to see an entire program from them. :D
  14. Rock2

Rock2 New Member

Thanks so much.

I was expecting them to be much closer in size. Seems he's bigger than I thought and she's smaller than I thought. I'm not in the "super stoked" phase yet but their body and leg lines look to be a good match. I hope the partnership works out for them...and I'm definitely expecting them to be my fave Russian pair.
  15. stjeaskategym

stjeaskategym Well-Known Member

I'm surprised by all the reactions because there's less than a minute of actual footage there- and just two elements. :lol: But what is shown in this video looks good, and I think that music will suit them nicely. I definitely look forward to seeing an actual program from them with all the major elements.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  16. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I think we're just all starved for skating/news in the summer months! :lol:
  17. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Do you mean Bazarova/Larionov? Did they switch coaches? I thought they were coached by Kalinina.
  18. Fashionista

Fashionista New Member

Oh, sorry. You're right. I just always mix these two wonderful women as soon as they are both from Perm.
    I mean it was V. Tyukova on the video but she's not B/L's coach))
  19. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

They look so good together. It will be a long road, but Sotchi is 3,5 years away. Let´s see what they can accomplish, I just love the pairing!
  20. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Haha, thanks for the clarification!
  21. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Thanks!

I have to say, in that 2 minute clip I already see more choreography/transitions than we typically got in two programs per season from V/Morozov and M/Trankov. :saint:

I was looking for those sbs spins with interest after all the talk... look great once they're situated but they actually are out of sync when they enter the spins... hope they can improve that without dropping the spread eagle transition.
  22. i love to skate

i love to skate New Member

She is just amazing!!! Very excited to see this pair in competition!
  23. LaLis

LaLis New Member

I LOVED Artur and yes, Maksim reminds me of him too. That's probably why I like him so much. Glad I'm not the only one that thinks this.
  24. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

If I were Kavaguti/Smirnov...I'd just retire after having seen this video.
  25. nerdycool

nerdycool Well-Known Member

Why? It's not like Russia only has one spot to fill.

Besides, even the good teams have bad competitions/seasons, so who's to say that K/S won't ever win anything again? V/T will only make the other teams more motivated to up their game, which is good because pairs for the past few seasons has been lacking in the the excitement factor.
  26. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

Yeah but it's just...I'm biased and more interested in the other couples (Martiusheva/Rogonov, Bazarova/Larionov, Bezmaternikh and his new partner...) and I want them to have a chance to make it to the bigger competitions.
  27. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

Aside from a 9th place finish at Worlds in 2007 the worst K/S have done is 5th place, that's not too bad in just under 4 years competing together. And that 9th place was coming off a broken ankle. If she didn't break her ankle and withdrawn from RN, M/T wouldn't have won their one and only national title. K/S very rarely leave a competition without a medal.

As for retiring...I would hope a team with that amount of success wouldn't think about retiring, esp after beating every team in the world with the exception of S/Z.

She had surgery to fix an injury, that could happen to any team and I hope it doesn't but they seem to be playing it smart by resting and taking it easy. There is no reason to risk re-injury to just to get medals.

If the other Russians couples want to have a chance at the bigger competitions, they can earn their way there by skating well.

I wonder how many people told Trankov he should retire after losing to K/S so often?
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  28. letsskate

letsskate New Member

Patiently waiting for the translation of the interview hehehe :p
  29. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

I am also interested in Ilushechkina (sp?)-Maisuradze. Are they still skating together?
  30. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

Well...I think so.
    At least I haven't heard of a potential split.
  31. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

32. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

Nice unison on sbs spins. I would have liked to see a throw.

Is she much older than Trankov? Can she last 4 more years (next Olympics)?

It will be nice to see another Tatiana-Maxim pair (I am not going to say win OGM; not going to jinx them before their career as a pair even started):lol:
  33. inthemiddle

inthemiddle Active Member

Actually she is 3 years younger. She is 24 and he will be 27 in October.
  34. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I did not realize Trankov was that old. It seems like just a few years when he and Mukhartova skated in the juniors.

I saw Volosozhar skate at the 2006 worlds and loved her. I always wanted her to find a better partner.
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  35. loopey

loopey Well-Known Member

Me too!!

Can someone pleeease give us a summary of what Tatiana and Max were talking about in the interview?

It would be so greatly appreciated.
  36. angietang

angietang New Member

Very well said.
  37. star_gazer11

star_gazer11 practising choreo

Thanks! No video showed for me either when I opened the link.
  38. melonmelon

melonmelon New Member

I'm also curious about their interview :)
  39. cheriepopo

cheriepopo New Member

paulac and (deleted member) like this.
  40. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

yep, that's the same vid