Volosozhar/Trankov video

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by TAHbKA, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

But, considering how difficult synchonicity, especially on SBS spins, can be for pairs who have been together for 10-15 years, I think it makes it noteworthy that a new pair has such beauty with their timing on the element.

rfisher and (deleted member) like this.
  2. venja

venja New Member

:lol: I didn't look at your post yet and after I looked at the video the exact words were "Ooooh me likey" as well!

I loves Volosozhar!!! And I hope that this team makes huge splashes ASAP because pairs for me is blech right now.

3. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

:lol: Snap back at ya. Or great minds think alike.

I cannot wait to see this team compete. She finally has the partner she deserves and this will give S&S a run for their money.

4. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

They look really great together. Those sbs spins were amazing for a new pair.

5. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

Am I the only one reminded of Ludmilla Protopopov when I watch her skate? Her carriage and flow is gorgeous, and she can't hit a bad line. They are looking great and I think will be a huge force to contend with in the Pairs discipline.

6. easilydistracte

easilydistracte Active Member

They're quite beautiful together. I especially like that their work together seems to be stress-free so far. (I don't understand Russian, but, just from observing their body language in the second and third videos showing some interview footage, they look like they have the beginnings of a nice friendship. They seem very relaxed and peaceful.) Good start to the pairing. Very impressed with the SBS spins. Wouldn't be surprised at all to hear the Russian national anthem played during some pairs podium ceremonies in the not-too-distant future.

(Who was the female coach/official who kissed both of them at the end of the first video?)

7. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

Me too. It's one thing to anticipate that they might look great together, and another thing to see it. Such a beautiful pairing.
    I have been reading about them lots during the last two days, so I could not remember all the sources. But from what people close to them say, there is no problem with difficult jumps. So it's only throws that are still a question mark.
    I don't really care if they have creative programs this year, as long as they continue to gel as a pair.

8. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

Was that the SP or the FS? Carmina Burana suits them well :)

9. bek

bek Guest

Are they having problems with throws or are there just no reports of their throws?

10. loopey

loopey Well-Known Member

Can you please explain what the new rule is?

Thx

11. bek

bek Guest

In order to skate at worlds, you have to meet a certain qualification score. Now that score surely won't be a problem for them, but they are out of international competition until the end of February because Tatiana competed for Ukraine last year. So the issue is them getting into another international competition before Worlds starts, so they can make the score. I'm sure though there will be more competitions available since a lot of teams will want another shot at making the score.

12. loopey

loopey Well-Known Member

Thx.

So it only takes one international competition to make the qualifying score?

13. bek

bek Guest

If you make the score it takes only one. Someone can go to as many competitions as they want to make the score, I'm sure.

14. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

just no reports

15. bek

bek Guest

Aha. Well I do remember them saying in an interview a month or so back that she learned throws fast...

16. Fashionista

Fashionista New Member

B/L's coach Valentina Tyukova.

17. mia joy

mia joy New Member

Well, first of all, those connections you named sound WEIRD :lol: I mean, Pang and Szolkowy could be hilarious, taken that probably Robin is the one who lifts his leg higher and is more flexible in this combination :p

but anyways, of course we could have expected Tatiana and Maxim to be good together, but you know, two separate talents don't necessarily have to make a good team. It's definitely not the matter of choreo and music, it's about whether the two people match styles, personalities, you know, just about whether there is a good connection between them or not. And that I think we still need to see yet, but the sbs spins in that video can be a good prognosis ;)

18. Rock2

Rock2 Well-Known Member

grrrrr, the link worked but no video loaded. Seems I'm the only one with the problem. Tried it on chrome and IE and same deal...just the page loaded. No video. Any ideas?

19. Autumn_girl

Autumn_girl Active Member

20. bek

bek Guest

In principal what you say makes sense but I think there are some qualifications. I would think height and weight also factor into how good a team could be together.

21. KayMil01

KayMil01 New Member

Darn, can't see the video at all...

22. easilydistracte

easilydistracte Active Member

Thanks, Fashionista.

[I wonder if the Russian Fed is as excited about V/T as we all seem to be?]

23. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Love the sbs spins!!! :respec: Can't wait to see an entire program from them. :D

24. Rock2

Rock2 Well-Known Member

Thanks so much.

I was expecting them to be much closer in size. Seems he's bigger than I thought and she's smaller than I thought. I'm not in the "super stoked" phase yet but their body and leg lines look to be a good match. I hope the partnership works out for them...and I'm definitely expecting them to be my fave Russian pair.

25. stjeaskategym

stjeaskategym Well-Known Member

I'm surprised by all the reactions because there's less than a minute of actual footage there- and just two elements. :lol: But what is shown in this video looks good, and I think that music will suit them nicely. I definitely look forward to seeing an actual program from them with all the major elements.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  26. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I think we're just all starved for skating/news in the summer months! :lol:

27. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Do you mean Bazarova/Larionov? Did they switch coaches? I thought they were coached by Kalinina.

28. Fashionista

Fashionista New Member

Oh, sorry. You're right. I just always mix these two wonderful women as soon as they are both from Perm.
    I mean it was V. Tyukova on the video but she's not B/L's coach))

29. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

They look so good together. It will be a long road, but Sotchi is 3,5 years away. Let´s see what they can accomplish, I just love the pairing!

30. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Haha, thanks for the clarification!