Volosozhar/ Trankov sp @ Nebelhorn

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by aftershocks, Sep 27, 2011.

1. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

2. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

I thought the music was pretty blah and didn't really do anything to show off their best qualities. The FS was pretty amazing, even given the problems.

3. aftershocks

^^ Yes, I agree re the sp music. With better music and incorporating more of their uniqueness as a pair, the sp might be more interesting to watch. I particularly don't like their sp costumes -- maybe they will change as the season progresses.

The lp shows off more of their unique talents.

4. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

You didn't like Trankov in pleather pants? What's wrong with you? :p

Her swan outfit reminded me of AP's bedazzled swan dress; Blech. Less is more!

LynnW and (deleted member) like this.
  5. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

I watched both the SP and the LP, and I enjoyed both of them. It seemed like they were more intricate than their programs of last season. I think they can be improved as the season goes on though, since they may have been a bit rough around the edges.

6. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

The best question in FSU for a long time!:rofl:

7. aftershocks

LOL, pants, no pants ... Trankov I like!

This sp, though, while good doesn't sing, and doesn't enhance their finest qualities.

8. mia joy

mia joy New Member

I really like their SP. I think it has a great potential to become a powerful and jawdropping masterpiece when they practice it more. What the hell is wrong with you people? Evanescence! :p no, seriously, not every pairs program must be to classical music to be beautiful. And I actually think this dark, kinda gothic style suits thie pair's personality very well. And I love Tatiana's outfit (I don't believe it's the official one, though). Better plain and simple than overdone.

Call me crazy, but I think I actually like their SP much more than FS. At least for now.

As for the elements... was it the first time ever I saw Tatiana land a throw triple flip? good, progress. On the other hand, the amount of mistakes they did at Nebelhorn was surprising.

9. Aussie Willy

Sorry but the Moog Synthesizer should never make a comeback, which is what this music sounded like (and there is a reason why it went out of fashion). So regardles of what it is, it was a pretty poor version of it.

10. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

:) Excited to see it progress this season!

The grotesque tulle skirt and the man-fringe have GOT to go, however. :yikes:

Simple, sleek, & sexy are the way to go for a pair this good-looking! They don't need any extra "wikkety-whack" trimming, IMHO. ;)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  11. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

I hate this SP- music, choreography, costumes- they do nothing for their skating.

12. mia joy

mia joy New Member

yeah, well, the version of the song could be better, I agree. But I still like the program. Seems to me that some people are just being bitter because this program kills their wrong assumption that V/T will skate in the classical style of B/S, which they won't. They're just not that kind of a team.

I've just watched it again and nope. You're not gonna make me dislike this program no matter how much you complain. Bad quality of the song aside, I still think it's a kick-ass SP. But to each their own, I guess.

13. Aussie Willy

No it is has nothing to do with them not skating a classical style but rather the music is just :blah:. And I would say the same about anyone who used that music. It was like K&S using that really bad music that sounded like it was from a lower level compulsory dance for their SP last season.

I would personally love to see them go out on a limb and do something really wild and funky, mainly because they could probably pull that off as well.

But each to their own. What people like in skating is subjective. You can like it but was can also hang on you for liking it :p - but in the nicest possible way of course. :)

14. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

I really liked their back-to-back spiral, he has unusually long and elegant leg line. :swoon:

15. Vash01

I was not comparing them with B&S, nor was I expecting that style, but this is just a poor choice of music and poorly designed SP. They are capable of better. Oh, I hated those pants on Trankov too. :)

16. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

Actualy, the SP does remind me Savchenko and Szolkowy, but not the programs you posted. More like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dTRXjUo72c

and it also remind me Volosozhar-Morozov
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFXIIZJvKVs&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLD90BCEF4783CFB76

17. Vash01

They do look like Savchenko & SZolkowy and I don't care for that style. I prefer that they discover their own.

18. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

That's going to take time to "find" themselves. It doesn't happen overnight no matter in you are a junior or and experienced pair.

19. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

Not quite. Trankov is better looking than Szolkowy (though Volosozhar could be Savchenko's sister). :)

20. Vash01

They are both from Ukraine, that's why.:lol:

21. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

I see. are you saying that everyone from USA looks like you? ;)

22. Domshabfan

Domshabfan Searching for Cizeron's Instagram

More like half the population.;)

23. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

So do I. I don't give a rat's patootie what music any skater uses as long as the choreography seems to have a purpose. I wouldn't care if every skater used the same music over and over. Each performance is different. That spiral sequence is gorgeous and would be if they were skating to the ABC theme.

24. Vash01

LOL. It was meant to be a joke.

25. aftershocks

Rockin' S/S! Thanks for posting. How inventive and creative, and my God, what range! Who else could get away with this program, not to mention their Send in the Clowns program -- the costumes and the concept, combined with kickin' choreo and stellar technical skills? I do beg to differ tho', cause the program you posted with rock-star music is all S/S/S and nothing close to the exploratory but somewhat tepid sp of V/T this season. As the season progresses, of course V/T sp could improve, but again, I agree with the posters who decry the music, costumes and too much S/S wannabe style of this sp. If V/T desire to copy S/S style, they need to make it their own, as P/T did at 2010 Olympics.

Ya think!? I definitely disagree!!! Robin Szolkowy is no slouch in the handsome hottie department. His voice alone sends chills up my spine, his face and his bod ... smokin hot! :hat1: Trankov is quite sexy and handsome too, but I would not try to compare their looks. To each his own, of course. :)

26. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Szolkowy has the best butt in figure skating :grope:

27. aftershocks

Amen! :swoon:

Szolkowy = Stellar assets ... superb partnering skills.

S/S/S threesome, a match made in pairs fs heaven.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  28. bek

bek Guest

I don't care for V/T's program whatsover. S/S style has more interesting choregraphy and costumes than that. To be frank I think one thing S/S have going for them that V/T don't have is Steur's great choregraphy.

29. Fashionista

Fashionista New Member

What's the point to discuss the music which is already dropped by the team? Sounds like nobody saw their SP in Bratislava.

30. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

What exactly was the change in music? It sounded the same to me.

Nebelhorn SP

Ondrej Nepela Memorial SP