Volosozhar/Trankov blog translates

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by TAHbKA, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

They look amazing in these pictures! :smokin: Can't wait to see them skate in Moscow.

2. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

It sounds like they have realistic goals; not setting themselves up for just winning a medal, but to do the best they can and present themselves the best they can.

They'll be in new skates (Max changed brands), and talking some about family at competitions (He hopes his don't come, because they seem to jinx him, except his girlfriend; Tanya's mother usually attends her events). She says the 2005 Worlds in Moscow was her first with Morosov, and now gets her first worlds in Moscow with her new partner ;)

3. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

То Moscow!
    Dear readers, thank you so much for the kind words, wishes and support. It's really nice to read all that. We are getting ready for the home world championship and sharing our thoughts on the ISU decision.

Trankov: We did expect the championship to be held in Moscow. Out of all the cities that applied Moscow has a better change to organize it all.

Volosozhar: I remember the Worlds 2005 in Moscow. It was my first championship with a new partner - Stas Morozov. We were 10th. And a deja - vu now our first world championship with Maksim will be in Moscow as well! I remember how well everything was organized at 2005, I have only positive memories of that championship.

Trankov: We won the junior worlds championship with my previous partner at 2005 and I came to Moscow to support my friends. I remember the bus with the shuttle from the hotel to the rink was accompanied by a police car to make sure no one is late being stuck in the traffic.

Volosozhar: Not only we are glad the championship will be home, but also our relatives. Now they have a chance to come and see the competition. Russia is not Japan - they don't have to fly far, there will be no jetlag. On the other hand we get so much attention now, the press writes about us and set high hopes. It will make things harder.

Trankov: It is pressing on us. The home advantage is not necessarily an advantage and we have no clue yet how is it - skating home on a competition of that level.

Volosozhar: most importantly is to be able to prepare to the championship well. We don't set a goal to win a medal no matter what. Most importantly to show what have we learned during this year.

Trankov: We didn't cancel shows we were supposed to do which we told oyu about previous time. First of all we already signed the contracts, secondly we needed to show the programmes to the public. It've been a while since the last competition and the rink where we train doesn't have sits. An ability to skate in front of the crowd is something that one needs to train as well.

Volosozhar: Now we are working on the programmes. Cleaning something, working with the choreographer. We are not going to make them any harder - that's something to be done off season. Besides, our programmes are not easier than the other's.

Trankov: We will skate in our new boots. We decided not to go back to the old ones. Tanya got completely used to her new pair, but it's a bit harder for me. I switched a brand. I used to skate on SP-Terry, now it's Graf. Graf is lighter, the feeling is different and it's hard to get used to. But it's improving.

Volosozhar: we plan to try the Megasport ice in advance.

Trankov: Which is not easy either. Right before the championship there will be a tennis turnoument, which will end just 4 days before the competition. The workers will have to do impossible - to prepare the ice, put all the logos, set the commentators boots, the photographers zone...

Volosozhar: and create a training facility. There is one now, but it's too small for the pairs - we can't perform lifts or splits there.

Trankov: The multicoloured chairs are confusing. This is why the skaters dislike that venue. If the stolls are full it's allright, but if not - the skaters feel uncomfortable when performing the parallel jumps or spins - there is nothing to focus on. So please, dear figure skating fans, come to Megasport, fill it and with that help the skaters!

And now to the questions we were asked:
    Will your relatives come to the Worlds? Do you feel better when they are around and you feel their support or you'd rather thye remained in front of hte TV?

Trankov: I don't want my parents to come. It's a bad sign for me. It've been always like that - no matter where I skated if my parents came I couldn't hold it. I remember they came to Kazan. We were first after the SP, but I was unable to land a signle jump in the LP. I have no idea why it happens. If my girlfriend comes it's ok. I feel fine when she is on the rink.

Volosozhar: My mother will probably come. She often comes to the competition. But when you go on the ice you don't really think of your mother watching you. There are things on your mind.

Trankov: If it wasn't Moscow I'd like the championship to be held in Turino. Last year I skated there, Tanya skated there several times. There are great conditions, the hotel is right near the ice rink. The weather is always beautiful. The ice rink is nice. Lausanne would be a good choice as well.

Volosozhar: I've never been to Nice. And would love to go.
    That's it for now, see oyu later!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  4. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

thanks for the translation!

I don't care where they finish. I'm just happy to see them compete. Of course, I hope they do well enough to get a couple of GP events. :)

5. Asli

Asli Well-Known Member

Thanks TAHbKA! :cheer:

Yes, the pressure must be enormous now! :eek:
    I hope the nerves don't get the better of them.

I remember Tatiana Totmianina being quoted at the 2005 Moscow Worlds as saying after their LP "Now I know what pressure is!" For someone as calm as her, with so much experience and many medals to say so, the pressure at the home worlds must be something! :scream:

6. Loves_Shizuka

Loves_Shizuka Gettin' my sass out

Thanks for all the translations! These two seem to get along really well off-ice; must be a great benefit for a team, and a stark contrast to his last pairing. ;)

7. iris81

iris81 New Member

8. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

9. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

10. rfisher

How cute.

11. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

Geez, their chemistry just oozes from the ice!
    I can even forgive the horrble yellow cap on Maxim´s head - I know it belongs to the Super Mario Bros.

12. rfisher

And, every time I see the height he gets for the throw jumps, I just :D I was afraid he wouldn't be able to duplicate Stas in that regard, but it's not a problem. I'm really trying not to get overly excited so I won't be disappointed if for some reason they don't medal. Is it pairs time yet?

13. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

I love that his throw technique looks a little cleaner too....no more falling all over himself throwing the girl like a sack of potatoes. Amazing what a change in partners can do for two such talented skaters!

14. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

We found each other
    Dear readers, thank you so much for your support and kind words in the comments. The Worlds are over and, as promised, we share the feelings.

Tanya: Of course we didn't count on getting a silver. We thought we might have a bronze. It was a surprise.
    Maksim: The crowd was amazing! Thank so much to everyone for supporting us. You have no idea how many great moments you gave us.

Tanya: The most remembered thing from the championship - the way the crowd went crazy even before we started our SP. And the standing ovation after the LP! Maks told me `Lets skate around and thank everyone'. We almost forgot to bow. WE didn't want to leave the ice but to enjoy the moment. We were so thrilled everything worked out! Thank you all so much!

Maksim: we were very nervous before the SP. I think we only relaxed after the throw, when realized all the jumping elements are behind us. I think we were a bit stiff before that.

Tanya: In the LP I was first stressing bit about skating last, but then I collected myself and calmed down before stepping on the ice. It was easier to skate than the day before - it is so important not to make any mistakes in the SP

Maksim: One of the first people to congratulate us were Savchenko/Szelkowy and their coach Ingo Steuer. It was very nice. We are thrilled for their win. We are grateful they skated so well - had we won the first world championship we attended it would put too much pressure. Everything turned for the best for us.

Tanya: We were also congratulated by Tatiana Tarasova. I don't remember whether she actually said anything, but sometimes the words are not needed. We know all the bosses are happy. In Friday we were invited to a dinner with Nagornyh and told we'll receive the diplomas of sport masters of Russia (whatever that is). We are so happy. For the first time I stood on the podium. It's impossible to describe. I felt so happy and so proud for our all team.

Maksim: but now the excitement is over. As it should. The plan we followed the whole season worked, now we have to move on.

Tanya: We are emotionally drained. The pressure before the competition was huge. It would be nice to have some rest now. We're soon going to St. Petersburg, then we'll be checked by the doctors, then, probably, to Tver and then I'll go home to Ukraine for a short break.

Maksim: Right after the championship we went to the USA embassy to issue a visa. On May 15th we are going to the USA to work with Nikolai Morozov on our new programmes.

Tanya: Of course, we have to work very hard for the new season. The elements we do now were good for this season, but we need a harder ones. We want to make a more expensive split twist, we have to work on the death spiral, learn new lifts. We must progress.

Maksim: We would also love to congratulate the whole Team Russia for the great skates: first of all Arthur Gachinski who won a bronze medal and a huge thanks to Alena Leonova for the fight she gave in the LP.

Tanya: Kudos to our ice dancers as well. Nevertheless, I was most impressed by Virtue/Moir. Their skating is above praising. They are so talented! I think their biggest secret is what is going on between them on the ice. I can't take my eyes off them and keep thinking what will happen next. It's magic.
    Maksim and I are trying to create the same effect. We are trying to skate first of all for each other. We look each other in the eyes before the skate, try to understand the partner's mood. During the skate we have a lot of moments when we catch each other's eyes and it inspires us. One can't really describe it, it's a feeling. I think we finally found each other as partners. I feel very comfortable with Maksim.

Maksim: THe success brought us even closer. We have great relationship. We help each other in the small things on the daily basis, speak all the time. And most importantly - we both want to progress without looking back or thinking of other things.

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  15. Nan

Nan Just me

Thank you TAHbKA. :respec:

16. CynicElle

CynicElle Well-Known Member

Thanks as always for the translations! I'm so happy for V&T; can't wait to see them again next season.

17. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

:scream:

sweetsparky and (deleted member) like this.
  18. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

Kudos to them; not only are they both remarkably talented skaters, but it's so good to hear of them getting along so well both on and off the ice. I think they are really going to be a truly magical team.

19. HisWeirness

HisWeirness Toes. You gotta keep 'em separated.

:wuzrobbed :encore:

Sooo happy for all of them!!

20. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

I agree, that Mario Ex program he did for them...:yikes:

Thank you TAHbka for the translation!

21. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

I always find it so interesting to read about skater's opinions of other skaters. It would be amazing if V/T could someday display the chemistry and expression shown by V/M. It sounds like they have a great partnership and really like and respect each other so hopefully this will happen soon!

Thanks for the translation :)

22. sweetsparky

sweetsparky Pasodoble is coming

Thanks TAHbKA for the traslation :) Great interview.

I :scream: too with orbitz.

23. rfisher

Thanks TAHbKA. I love getting to read their blogs. While most of us don't care for Morozov, there is no question that his programs win. I'd go to him also. Is it fall yet?

24. cailuj365

cailuj365 Well-Known Member

Ahhhh, thanks for posting that translation. Earlier today, I watched their Universal Sports post-SP interview, and they said how they were focused on skating for each other for the LP. I immediately thought, "Huh, that's something Virtue/Moir would say." Seems to be something that works quite well for both teams!

25. Loves_Shizuka

Loves_Shizuka Gettin' my sass out

Thanks for the updates. I notice Maxim likes Denis Simachev t shirts. So do I. :)

(Not that you wanted/needed to know this :p )

26. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

In case anyone missed this post in the V/T thread in the Trash Can:
    Google translated end of the blog:

27. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

Coffee with Cream
    Hello, everyone, as you know, we spent all that time in the USA in a workshop choreographing the new season's programmes. We to left China on June 15th to participate a show, after which we were scheduled to skate in Japan. We are going back to Moscow in July 5th. We will tell you what were we doing in the USA. It was very interesting.

Tanya: Once we came we hired a car. It is hard to get on without. We lived in Clifton, NJ. It's a 15 minutes drive from the rink, which is placed in Hackensack. Nikolai Morozov choreographed two new programmes for us. We are more of a pair now than we were last year, so we can attempt something more interesting and harder. It was interesting and fun working with Nikolai. What are the programmes? We are keeping it a secret in the mean while. We'll just say we worked with a Broadway choreographer Jermaine Brown on our SP.

Maksim: He is one of the best in NY (www.JermaineBrowne.com), very well known among the professionals, he worked with Christina Aguilera, Madonna, almost with all the pop stars either as a dancer or as a choreographer. We worked with him on the floor but sometimes he visited us on the rink.

Tanya: Jermaine is an afro american. He looked interesting on the ice. Like a cream on coffee. He is a very positive person, with lots of energy that he projects on the others and the athmosphere of working with him was great. It was easy and fun. Working on our SP he gave a different shape to our moves, tried to adapt the dancing lines to the ice. After all, things that are possible on the dance floor will not necessarily work on the ice.

Maksim: We also had some private lessons. They allowed us to feel better what will we be skating to. It's very important, since our SP this season is a surprise. It's not at all what everyone expects to see a pair team to do.

Tanya: There is a whole dance studio on Broadway. A kind of a dancing centre. One can choose any dancing style there.

Maksim: The choise is very broad - from the modern ballette to hip hop. We took hip hop and street jazz lessons.

Tanya: We realized we have still plenty to work on our movements and lines. On the ice we do one thing, but the dance is a completly different matter. I think the knowledge we gained will help us in figure skating.

Maksim: We were working with no days off. Spent all the days on the rink, tried new elements. Tanya learned the throw 3F. We also changed the lifts because the rules had changed. Learned new death spirals. But we should mention that the work in the USA was mostly on choreographing, we'll work on the elements in Italy where we are going on 17th.

Tanya: Twice when we were supposed to have time off we went training in Conneticut. There is an Olympic sized ice there. Its' where everyone prepared to the Olympics. Urmanov, Arakawa, Gordeeva/Grinkov, Navka/Kostomarov skated there.

Maksim: In the free time, which we hardly had, we toured NY.

Tanya: We had one day off when we got the Chinese visa. We had to meet Nikolai Morozov after, but still we had a couple of hours left. So we took a boat to the Liberty statue, looked at the park that was remade from an old train station.

Maksim: One of the old on ground metro lines was turned into a walking area in a modern style. WE liked it. It's very green, which is rather unusual for NY.

Tanya: We also got to see the musicle `Billy Elliott'. I saw it for the first time.

Maksim: I liked the decorations the most. It was very professionally made. Can't say I was more impressed with `Billy Elliott', then, let's say, with `Monte Cristo'. On the other hand I though `Zorro' was not as good as `Billy Elliott'. Anyway, Russia can compete with the USA.

Tanya: and now as usually we'll answer some questions.

Q: Tanya, who taught you to make a borsch?
    Tanya: You know what, there were so many new imotions and impressions in the USA that I don't want to think of the borsch. I will share a recepee, even though there is nothing special there.

Q: Was there anything new that you haven't done before and how interestin and new everything is for oyu?
    Tanya: Broadway dancing is new and interesting for us, as far as we know there is no such organization in Russia.
    Maksim: Yes, Russia is more into the classics, floor dances and acrobatics. While there are so many directions. We also spent a lot of time in the USA workin on the spteps and gliding.

Q: How did you celebrate the birthday? What did you get from Stas, Maksim, Nina Mozer?
    Tanya: First of all thank you all so much for the greetings! It was lovely to read all the warm comments! Nina Mozer gave me a gift card to one of the shops. Stas gave me something special which I will not reveal. Maksim gave me a wallet that I wanted for quite a while.
    Maksime: It was a great celebrations. We all met and went to a restaurant `Jekyll and Hade' which is decorated like a horrors room. The actors work there. They run around and scare. And there are some special effects. It's a 3 floors building placed in Manhatten. It's a children's heaven- there are pictures with moving eyes, a talking sharkis sticking from the walls and since most of our group are rather young they had fun. It was quite a party since all Nikolai's pupils joined us.

Q: What do you like and dislike the most in training?
    Maksim: We like skating together the most. Skating separately the least.

Q: You will have an opportunity to participate three GP events. WIll you use it? After all if all the medalists will want to participate 3 events you will be facing each other.
    Maksim: as of right now we plan to participate two events. But if we want and will be ready we might participate the Russian event as well. Russia can have 3 local pairs and one spot will be vacant almost till the end.
    Tanya: Also the scoring is important: the best 2 results are counted. The 3rd, the worst is not counted. Hence we decided to participate two more competitions: in Germany and Slovakia to increase our stadning.
    Maksim: as ofr facing the rivals - we dont' care. Most importantly is to do your job. The earlier we start competing the better. We are not training so we can later choose who to face and whom not.

Q: There will be shows in June and July in Japan. Will you participate? If you will - will you be staying in Japan or going elsewhere between?
    Maksim: we'll participate both shows and will be in Japan all that time. Of course if there will be an opportunity to train we will.

Q: You had an exhibition on June 11th in the USA. Tell us about it.
    Maksim: there is an ice rink where Stas coached young pairs. The management of the rink are our friends. They asked us to come and hold an authographs session, to be photographed with the kids, to do a master class. WE skated a bit, showed some elements. Some people came, watched and clapped. That's about it. Such things are quite popular in the USA. Rachel Flatt was there before us.

That's it, till later.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
    Kasey, Nan, kwanfan1818 and 3 others like this.
  28. Pavla2304

Pavla2304 Active Member

Thank you so much, TAHbKA :cheer2:

It is so nice of Tanya and Maxim that they are writing these blog entries for their fans:)

29. rfisher

I can't wait to see what they've come up with for the SP. They sound very excited about it.

30. Nan

Nan Just me

Thank you for the translation. I really enjoy reading these. :)