Vivat Rex, Vivat Regina!: The Royalty Thread

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Fergus, May 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HisWeirness

HisWeirness Happy Russian Hunger Games!

Yes, great photos from the Flower show. Everyone looks good, esp. Beatrice. I especially liked the pictures of Bea and her dad walking around.

2. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

3. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

Wow, Kate looks so thin. :yikes:

4. HisWeirness

HisWeirness Happy Russian Hunger Games!

5. nerdycool

nerdycool Well-Known Member

Speaking of who's looking thin, Princess Beatrice looks like she's lost a ton of weight over the past few years. But her current weight suits her quite well, and I really like how she looked at the flower show. She can be really pretty when she dresses more conservatively.

6. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Too bad she sold that hat- it would have matched her shoes...

(She does look really nice though. I love the Maroon dress, and the black jacket looks nice. Is blazer with dress a very British thing? Kate does it a lot too- but I've never seen anyone around here dress like that.)

I also think Beatrice looks like she is at a great weight. She is very pretty.

Kate looks thin, but not unhealthy I don't think. I love that tan dress.

The fullness of Michelle's skirt is from the wind, right? Because if that is shaping- yuck. http://www.daylife.com/photo/0alwdU8cif3Hk?__site=daylife&q=buckingham palace may 24 (Also -LOL at the windy picture of her hair!)

7. allezfred

allezfred Old and Immature Admin Staff Member

8. Parsley Sage

Parsley Sage Well-Known Member

9. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I agree, on all counts.

10. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

RE: Windy day wardrobe advice: Better to wear a straight or slightly flared skirt than a full and/or fluffy one. Lucky the First Lady had quick reflexes or there might have been a rather embarrassing "wardrobe malfunction." :eek: Good looking legs, though. :lol:

11. floskate

floskate Vacant

Wheee State banquet tonight which means mucho bling and some either fabulous or horrific dresses. Sooo excited!!

12. Moto Guzzi

Moto Guzzi Well-Known Member

13. Lorac

Lorac Well-Known Member

Princess Bea looked very elegant at the CFS - and I agree her hair looked lovely like that. What I like is how she took all the ridicule about that hat - and then auctioned it off on e-bay for £81000 with all the proceeds going to charity. She showed she was willing to laugh - along with everyone else - at herself and in doing so really went up in many peoples estimation I think. Kudos to the girl.

mag and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

If anyone finds a link with some live stuff, please do share! :D

15. skatingfan5

I'm getting a live feed from the BBC site and have already sighted my first tiara! :glamor: Tom Hanks and Kevin Spacey on the guest list -- also Tony Blair and Gordon Brown (wedding snubees). :lol:

ETA: Just sighted my first dress disaster -- one-sleeved thing, with a pouf/puff at the shoulder the size of a bowling ball. :rofl:

ETA: Kristen Chenoweth sighting. Also Tim Burton and HBC.

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  16. skatingfan5

HRH is a pale dress with lacy jacket; FLOTUS in ivory gown with homage to Kwan "Fallin" dress neckline minus the straps. :lol: HRC in pale aqua -- a bit too pale, as she looks rather washed out. Camilla in medium blue and tiara -- she looks very nice and is sitting next to the POTUS. In close up, Hillary's dress looks a bit better.

Food info from BBC blog

17. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

Which HRH? Camilla, Sophie or Anne?

18. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

Wow, Bea looks amazing in those flower show photos. Seriously, where was that look a few weeks ago?

19. skatingfan5

Actually, HM, the Queen. Just caught one glimpse of Anne -- I think she was wearing something white and a very subdued tiara -- and she looked much older than Camilla!

20. Citlali

Citlali Well-Known Member

I like Hillary´s and Camilla´s dresses they look great and age appropiate (also lurve the fact that Camilla is not afraid to wear huge tiaras - The honeycomb tiara is beautiful but not everyone has the head to wear it :lol:)

Michelle looks great but something is missing, I dont know.:confused:

HM looks great and gave a lovely speech, Obama´s was good also but the band mess the toast:eek:

21. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Camilla's tiara is very pretty- but it looks kind of silly that it's twice as big as the Queens. Guess there isn't any sort of protocol in wearing a bigger one?

22. skatingfan5

I think perhaps a little more "bling" -- maybe earrings that were a bit bolder and with more spark? I liked her dress, except for that bow at the waist.
    I'm at work, so I was able to watch the livestream -- but couldn't have the sound on, so I didn't hear anything.

23. Citlali

Citlali Well-Known Member

Yes! Maybe bigger earrings or more "shiny" ones?

Her dress looks great, a great cut to fit her body type, but you are right the bow doesn´t work.

24. nerdycool

nerdycool Well-Known Member

i don't think there is, because both of the tiaras Camilla has worn are the largest in the collection, and I imagine the Queen gave permission. But they suit her well, and probably wouldn't be worn otherwise, so it's okay. :)

25. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

More pics of the Cambridges meeting w/the Obamas...

Dutch Royal Fashion site

Obviously the site is in Dutch, but there's great photos over there, as well as a picture and information of the dress Catherine's wearing.

26. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Kate is elegant and sleek as always but what the hell is Michelle Obama wearing? :scream: It's so garish, like she ripped the upholstery off one of the sofas and made a skirt from it.

27. skatingfan5

Perhaps she wanted to create a real contrast with what she wore for the state dinner. If so, it definitely worked. :lol:

28. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

What did she wear for state dinner? I would totally wear Kate's dress to work.

29. skatingfan5

As I described it in my post 106 above, a pale ivory or white dress which was a homage to Kwan's "Fallin'" dress from 2004 Nationals and Worlds. :p And as I said before, I liked it except for that bow at the waist.

30. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Thanks, I love that dress. So elegant. Hate the gloves but I suppose she had to? And I agree, the bow is superfluous but not too bad. It's the gloves that bug me.

ETA:
    Watched some of the video: HRC looks nice with her hair up, in pale blue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.