Vivat Rex, Vivat Regina!: The Royalty Thread

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Fergus, May 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

2. nerdycool

nerdycool Well-Known Member

If I just happened to see the Queen when I wasn't expecting to, I don't know what I'd do, but I imagine the phrase "holy ****!" would be part of my vocabulary. With the assumption that she wouldn't be in hearing range of course. :)

3. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

"Yo, that car is sick" :lol:

"She's chillin' in a Bentley, might I add....."

"Straight up Queen...."

"You see her outfit? It was like orange!"

Aw, fratboys! ;)

4. Civic

Civic New Member

Prince William graduated from the Royal Military Academy at Sandhurst so I'm nearly certain that he is an officer; not an enlisted man. So is Prince Harry, btw.

5. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

(my bold) You can be certain. ;)

6. Norlite

Norlite Well-Known Member

Harry actually outranks William.

Only time and place in his life.

uh oh....just noticed my subscription ran out. :yikes:

7. floskate

floskate Vacant

Bea's hat auction on eBay has topped £55,000 :eek:

8. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

9. Parsley Sage

Parsley Sage Well-Known Member

I bought the special Royal Wedding Commemorative Edition of Hello Magazine today. Beautiful pictures of the wedding. There were several royal wedding magazines at the store. My sister was gushing about the pictures in the current edition of Hello but I didn't think they were all that special.

10. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

11. AragornElessar

Good thing I have Monthly Blood Work this week. I can pick that and any others I can find that I missed last week. Had to laugh at the guy running the Fruit Market conveince store at Union Station. I was standing at the Magazine Rack inbetween trains going, "Got that one...Got that one...Got that one...", when he called out, "Picking up Wedding collectibles?" :D

Guilty as charged. Pity I didn't get a chance to pick up something china wise, but I'm seriously thinking of coming down for Josh Grobin's Toronto show, so if I do that then maybe then I'll get a chance.

Prince Edward and James Viscount Severn at The Royal Windsor Horse Show

12. Parsley Sage

AE - this is the one with the purple-blue border around the front cover.

Zellers also had quite a few special magazines.

13. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

14. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Get out of Hollywood, if you're not invited to meet William and Kate

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...liam-Kate-Tinseltowns-hottest-event-ever.html

So, does that mean your career is over if you don't meet them? I'd rather have a standing invite for tea with the Queen of England, like I recently read Aretha Franklin has.

Granted, William and Kate are a hot couple. What I like most about them, is their desire to live as normally as possible, and their seeming unpretentiousness (which I'll bet William got from his mother, and Kate from her parents).

Interesting article on "discreet new power behind the throne."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...creet-new-power-throne.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

15. Parsley Sage

Canadians, I'm currently (Sunday night at 9:16pm Eastern) watching a replay of the Royal Wedding on the CPAC channel. It's the BBC coverage.

16. attyfan

attyfan Well-Known Member

17. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

18. AragornElessar

19. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

20. VALuvsMKwan

VALuvsMKwan Wandering Goy

It is rather minimalist, but sweet in an odd kind of way. Reminds me of the bows on Audrey Hepburn's "bateau" neckline dress in "Sabrina".

21. HisWeirness

HisWeirness Happy Russian Hunger Games!

22. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

It's what "ladies of a certain age" wore in the 1960's'; when they wanted their heads "covered" without wearing a hat!

23. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

Yes! It's a hairnet. :rofl:

24. Norlite

Norlite Well-Known Member

My mother had similar "hats" Mostly worn to church back when woman couldn't go into a Catholic church bare headed.

25. AragornElessar

Wow...After all of the great outifts HM has worn lately, that's just...Odd.

On a different note...When is the State Dinner for the Obamas? I'm expecting at the least The Princess Royal, Duchess of Cornwall and Countess of Wessex attending and wearing various pieces of bling.

JewelGods willing, for Sophie it will be her Aquamarine Tiara that appeared on the scene a couple of years ago and can also be converted into a necklace. It's far more flattering to her than her Wedding Tiara is. If she and Edward attend that is and I can't see them not.

The real question is this : Will this be the first time we see The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at a big time Royal Event? Outside of their Wedding of course. I'm guessing it depends on William's schedule and as they just got back from their Honeymoon, it wouldn't surprise to not see them there, but all the same....It would be nice. :)

26. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

Ok, I see that. :)

But I'm also reminded of something like this. ;)

But, hey, much like her feathered headgear at Edward & Sophie's wedding, the netting is rather snazzy and envelope-pushing for an 85yo Head of State. :respec:

Looking forward to seeing what Michelle wears tomorrow night at the State Dinner :watch: And I think I will *plotz* if the Cambridge's were there!

27. KatieC

KatieC Going in circles

Guess I haven't been paying much attention all my life. I always thanked Queen Victoria for the holiday. Never even gave a thought to Queen Elizabeth today.

28. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

My sister is in Toronto this week on business, I told her to grab anything she finds with HMQ, the Cambridges, etc. and bring it on home! ;)

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  29. AragornElessar

Picture Galleries of today's Royal visitors to the Royal Chelsea Flower Show..

Getty Images Gallery

Daylife.com Images Gallery

Among the various Royal Family members who came along w/HM was Princess Beatrice and just as she's done the last two and a half weeks...It's hard to believe that well put together young lady was the same one who showed up at William and Catherine's Wedding looking as she did. First I've ever seen her wearing her hair that way and it really suits her.

30. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

WOW the queen looks fabulous and Camilla that is the best photo I have ever seen of her. She usually is not very photogenic at all but
    she looks quite spiffy in this photo. Flowers tend to bring out the best in folks.

Thanks for sharing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.