Virtue/Moir Thread #13 (mach two): S'Wonderful

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Proustable, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zilam98

zilam98 Well-Known Member

told ya! won the bet! hehehe

2. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

Yay ! Merry Christmas ( Dec.25 , Jan.6 , or both ! ) and Happy New Year, pani. Glad you're back.

3. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Welcome back Pani, and a Merry Christmas to you too; and to everyone who visits us here in the V/M thread. Here's hoping everyone has a safe and happy holiday season.

I, too, am liking the new thread title, and would like to thank the admins for changing it. :)

4. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

:40beers: ( I wish those looked like egg nogs )

Merry Christmas everyone , or Happy Hannukah, or Happy Solstice , or Kwaanza. Whatever you celebrate , may it be great !

5. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

6. HSGP21

HSGP21 New Member

7. kina

kina Member

That was during the Olympics and Tessa was being asked about Joannie losing her mom.

8. lavenderblue

lavenderblue Active Member

9. m_chenning

m_chenning Active Member

Happy Holidays :)!

In my wish-list the health for Tessa and Scott, the fd-improvement (and revision (if you know what I mean) choreography), and most of all I wish them to enjoy skating and enjoy every moment on ice (as they are). And of course I wish them continue to skate and I wish Marina let them work with Dean or somebody else ( may be with Marie-France Dubreil-Partice Lauzon for example)

10. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I am with you! I think we need to send letter to Marina or to made bunner, like fans did for Fernandes last season something about Morozov give him freedon :lol:
    Its really interesting, what they will show at Nationals and what Marina wil made for them. From last interviews i really think Scott didnt want to lose everytime. ;)
    This will be new year, maybe be 2012 will be better for them.
    And i forget totell you about V-M first lift in FD. Vaitsehovskay (famous russian sport-journalis) talked with Marina and tell her. she didnt like first lift. Marina said - this i svery jazzy lift and easy, but T-S could made it shine in FD. Why she didnt try something new on D-W?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  11. m_chenning

m_chenning Active Member

The problem is that it's Tessa and Scott who should realize the necessity first. I think Marina could help them to fit the new choreo from others, why they can not do it in this way? To stew in their own juice not a good thing for them.

Yes. And I wish that black dress for competition :).

Let's hope! :)

12. pani

pani Well-Known Member

O, yes- i agree with you and i think if Marina wish them all the best she need to change something, even if she didnt want share them with other people :lol: (i mean choreograhfer)

13. HSGP21

HSGP21 New Member

Merry Christmas to all... I hope 2012 is the best year yet for Tessa and Scott. They seemed to have a good deal of involvement in their FD choreography this year, so I hope they don't go outside of the Marina camp... I hope they continue to let the program evolve, and I hope the judges begin to recognize how strong it is so that they feel confident in what they have created. I think it will be more rewarding that way. I think people are over-reacting... Tessa and Scott have lost the GPF before, to turn around and win the worlds (and olympics!) that same year

14. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

I'm on the same wavelength as you. They've turned things around before.

15. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Skatebuzz will show practiece at Nationals ;) Said, they will not show competitions :(

16. pani

pani Well-Known Member

17. zilam98

i wish i could see v/m and gordeeva skate together in an ensemble show. wasnt there such show before where both v/m and katia skated in?

18. zilam98

19. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Sara Hurtado and Adria Diaz from Spain. It is an amazing photo! Actually they are all beautiful photos. Here's an article about Hurtado/Diaz on Golden Skate from this past spring.

http://www.goldenskate.com/2011/03/exotic-spanish-ice-dancers-progress-quickly/

20. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

21. HSGP21

HSGP21 New Member

Man, I wish I was there when Scott learned of this... Doesn't change the final results, but I bet there was a fist pump followed by a big hug for Tessa.

22. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Good news! So they will not change this last combination lift on two simple.
    Its take long time to see this mistake for ISU. Why coaches and officials didnt saw this from the begining of the season?
    But better later, then never.
    They didnt change FD score at GPF.

23. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I wonder how much what Scott said influenced them recalculating the scores or do they usually go back after a competition and double check everything? But like what Pani said they would have caught it earlier in that case, I don't know, but now I'm sure Scott (and Tessa too) feel validated and will feel more confident in their FD.

24. pani

pani Well-Known Member

After GPF FD i read at few forums about this combination lift base value. So this happened not becase Scott was unhappy with there component score.
    Fnd as for FD - we cant ignore Tracy Wilson words at GPF and FF FD.

25. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

So just to be clear, how would the score look now? And didn't we mention this difference between the single lifts and combination lifts way before this? How come the ISU never noticed? :confused:

26. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

What words?

ETA: I doubt Tessa and Scott considered modifying that combination lift, or at least I hope they didn't, it's gorgeous.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  27. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

28. pani

pani Well-Known Member

She said this FD will not bring gold for them at WCh.

+ 0,5 to there FD score

29. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

pani, do you have a link for that commentary by tracy?

30. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Good new about the FD marking.......happy to hear it.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.