Virtue & Moir 'polish' FD program and attribute leg cramps to increased training

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Maofan7, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Maofan7

Maofan7 Away

New article on Virtue & Moir. It reads:-

2. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

Well, I doubts they would admit it a few days before the Worlds if injury was an issue...

3. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Actually, they said something similar about Tessa cramping right after the comp and that they would assess what happened and its causes at a later day, which they did.

4. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

Oh, that surely must be the truth, if they said it right after the competition... (or not)

There was a whole season in the past when Tessa skated badly injured and they didn't admit it, so why they should admit it now?

5. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

It's hardly a far fetched "truth". That would be the time of the year to increase their training as it would be the second head to head against D&W and they would want a different result this time. Unfortunately for Tessa she can't overtrain the way she might have done in earlier years. Fortunately they don't have to, they just need to get an earlier start this year on their new programs.

6. euterpe

euterpe Well-Known Member

I just don't see the necessity of commenting now on something that's not supposed to be a problem.

That happens in horse racing when a favored horse has had an off performance, just to convince bettors that all is OK. But there are no bettors in competitive figure skating.

7. volunteer

volunteer Member

Hmm, amazing the range of responses. Either it was fake and they were cheating because they could not handle their competitors or it's a real injury and they are not admitting it. Detractors will say anything to discredit certain teams.

8. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

she needs to supplement with d-ribose.

9. rvi5

rvi5 Active Member

There have been posts by V/M fans who have expressed sincere concern about the well being of Tessa, and by some D/W fans who prefer to imply V/M are handicapped and hoping they will lose as a result. I am sure some people in the V/M camp, if not V/M themselves, are reading these boards. As long as people keep making these types of posts, official comments are likely a necessary response to ensure wild rumors are not exaggerated, and don't run rampant.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  10. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Or they get asked the question when they do press because it's recent and people want to know what's going on.

11. Proustable

Proustable New Member

1. If it isn't an issue, of course they would say it wasn't an issue.

2. If it is an issue, of course they would say it wasn't an issue.

3. Because Tessa and Scott hid the extent of her pain during the Olympic season, I believe it's fair to wonder if she's in pain now.

hanca and (deleted member) like this.
  12. MacMadame

MacMadame Internet Beyotch

But there are judges... :shuffle:

13. euterpe

euterpe Well-Known Member

Why should there be an 'official' response to posts on message boards? That in itself is bizarre. It's common knowledge that Tessa has delicate legs and that she is averse to admitting to being in pain. But she is obviously capable of skating, and she IS skating. That should be sufficient, hence no need to "splain'.

14. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

I don't see anything bizarre in the media asking Tessa about the origins of her leg cramp considering her surgeries.:confused:
    Great to hear V/M trust their programs and themselves and feel confident about Worlds. Tessa may have delicate legs but those delicate legs didn't stop them from winning Olympic and World titles.:D

15. victoriajh

victoriajh Well-Known Member

I agree..... I hope they she is well, and able to skate to her best

16. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that this is D&W's year - just a feeling. It seems to me that the level of artistry in Carmen may render the program vulnerable to a loss of technical points. Last year I prepared for D&W to take the title, I thought their program was brilliant and superior to Funny Face. This year I think Carmen is the superior program, but am okay it if is D&W's turn. Yes, it is politics rather than the true judgement of sport. But I'm still okay with it. Some tension going into the Olympics is always good for the media and if D&W get the title this year, their will be tension.