Virtue ~ Moir n. 20. L’amour est un oiseau rebelle

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Sep 8, 2012.

1. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Welcome back from me too. I'm looking forward to seeing your poster. :). Who is going to Worlds from here besides moi?

2. pani

pani Well-Known Member

3. DFJ

DFJ Well-Known Member

4. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

All of them do.
    Kirsten MT looks so sleek and gorgeous!

5. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Like i understand this is Thomas Sabo promoution.

6. maggylyn

maggylyn Well-Known Member

I know right! :lol:

Personally, the photos of Tessa and Scott remind a little too much of the Roots photo-shoot. A little too much air-brushing, or something.

7. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

I loved all the photos. They seem to be having lots of fun and it's nice to see that.

8. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Love these pics! Everybody looks really good and IDK, but the pics don't look overly airbrushed to me. Lol nothing so far beats the airbrushing ridiculousness from the Roots photoshoot--that was just so over the top.

Hope you had a great break Emdee!

I seriously can't wait until Finlandia--just about two more weeks I think.

9. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I agree. For me this photos look more natural :)
    Love Tessas dress :D
    And cant wait untill we will see Carmen.

10. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

OT..but who could look more cool than Mr. Balde ?

11. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Or my boy PChiddy who has a country cool look!

Love T&S though and S's hair slightly mucked up!

12. pani

pani Well-Known Member

:hat1:

Agree :)

13. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

thanks.

14. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

NOOO Scott shut down his facebook page (which to be fair was basically shut down already because he posted like once a year)

15. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Honestly, i think the best V-M site - Iggie blog. :)
    V-M never had really good PR. Its not like one Shibs, W-P have.
    Its OK to have only official site, especially if Scott didnt want to support this page on facebook anymore, but there site didnt have a lot off information. Even no good competition Schedule.

16. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

It's not shut down yet; it has a long thank you note to fans. Honestly it's not like they updated it a lot, but still I wonder what prompted this. Lol I always thought it was kinda of weird that the page only said Scott Moir and didn't have Tessa Virtue too. They are really private people aren't they! Scott just shut down his personal facebook page too and now this one. A part of me can't help thinking it might have something to do with the psycho blogger and her followers. IDK I kinda find this a bit humorous because all this is happening a few days after some fans were complaining that it's hard to be fans of Tessa and Scott since they don't have a good media outlet for their fans.

17. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think most part of well-known people have personal attacks in internet and maybe dont need to pay attention to this ;)
    Didnt know nothing about how this could be connect with blog (didnt saw it long time).
    But i think it not to bad have official site with full schedule, results page (with score), music information (during all senior skating at least) - so nothing too much, but not unprofessional names of competitions. :)
    Maybe we didnt need to have personal information, but to have more information about skating could be good. :)

18. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I just made a comment on fanforum, but I think it got lost. But over there I said after thinking about this for a bit, it just all seems odd with the timing and everything. Some disgruntled fans have been complaining about the lack of update from them and the blogger has been harping on about it for a few days too, so this seems like a direct result of that; it's like they're basing their actions on what fans have been writing for a few days. I don't mind him closing it since it was never updated, but I can't help thinking the website will be next in the not so far future :(.

19. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Hm... Hope no, because this will show unrespect to all "normal" fans, who want to have more information about skating. Did you remeber, how people were happy to read V-M interview about how they work with music and choreo?
    So i hope they will not shut up there website and it will work good in future.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  20. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Sigh...me too.

21. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

If these disgruntled people can stop being their fans because they feel Tessa and Scott have not kept them up to date with their lives, then it's their loss. Most of us have gotten used to the way these two are handling their life in the public eye. It's their choice not to be "rock stars", not to have twitter accounts and not to post funny clips on youtube. Maybe their future post-amateur career would benefit from having more PR now. On the other hand, Scott's facebook page has seen its share of very weird postings, not to mention other aggresive pieces of evidence on the web. I doubt the Shibs or W/P face that kind of stuff.
    If Scott feels he needs to close the facebook account, he has every right to do so. It's not like we'll be kept in the dark concerning their programs/competitions from now on. After all, this is what matters most to skating fans. And I'm sure the official site will not be closed, otherwise they wouldn't have gone to the trouble of reconstructing it.

22. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

deleted

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  23. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

This, a thousand times over. IMO, it's petty and childish to stop being a fan just because a facebook page is being shut down and/or because they're not big on social media.

That said, it is very true that there has been some pretty weird and, IMO, inappropriate crap posted on that facebook page, especially as of late. If people are posting weird stuff on his wall, I don't think it's that far of a stretch to think he's likely getting the same weird stuff, or worse, via private message on fb. Scott and Tessa somehow seem to attract more than their fair share of the weird--moreso than I've seen on P/B's, The Shib's, D/W's, or W/P's pages just to name a handful. I do honestly wonder if shutting it all down may be the result of a few people ruining it for all. I know if I were a skater in the pre-Olympic season, gearing up to defend an Olympic title, I would not want to have to deal with all of the nutty on top of everything else. On top of all that, that psychotic blogger, as Shayii dubbed them, seems to be getting more off the rails and delusional. Between all of that, I don't blame him at all for leaving fb.

Also, as has been pointed out, it's not like we have ever gotten a bunch of exclusive news and photos directly from V/M. It pretty much all comes from outside sources. That's not going to change because Scott left facebook. We'll keep getting our information and news from the same sources we always have and will be able to find it all neatly sorted for our perusal on Iggie's fabulous blog. :)

24. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

By psychotic blogger, do you mean that crazy girl who thinks that Scott and Tessa have a secret baby that she had during the 2008-2009 season which is why they missed the GP series?

25. martyross

martyross Active Member

it probably comes from being winners and very good-looking people, not to mention their "aristocratic" aura and the admiration they get everywhere. with such high-profile status, they are easily target of enevy and resentement. it happens with Yuna, too. it's very interesting to see the way some people relate to celebrities. sometimes such bad feelings come from personal issues. finding the reasons of our love or hate for someone we don't know personally, can be a good "self-therapy". :)

26. martyross

martyross Active Member

i actually fancy Mr. Poirier a lot. he's angelic! <3 sigh <3

27. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Lol gerbil, it was psycho not psychotic, I feel like that's more apt. Anyways like I said on ff I can see both sides of the argument. Scott made his fan page too personable to begin with and not including Tessa's name was weird. I can't say I blame him for deleting it, but I wish they had a more professional one somebody else can operate. But its ok and I'm still their biggest fan and the only person I've seen that wants to be an ex-fan now is pani.

28. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

Psycho and psychotic may both apply. ;)

Macassar88--yes, this is the crazy blogger who insist that V/M have a child--born in 2010 though. I think if V/M had a kid, someone would have found out and shared with us all on here by now.

29. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Not true, Pani is their biggest and greatest fan.

Thats why she is so affected by every little thing while we just look at things overall!

30. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

True. And I'm sorry I know it is a sensitive topic people like to stay clear of and I'm not trying to belittle those that believe in the theories, but the child thing is so ridiculous to me. There is not one ounce of evidence except pics of a flat bellied Tessa, but she is somehow supposed to be 8 months pregnant.
    IDK that's what she said on ff that she will support other teams now.